SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I'm always interested in how the moles assemble new lands.  In the LogLands, many of the most lovely properties are in the beautifully designed repeated tiled elements - in fact, the only Log Home my partner and I will probably keep is on a region that is one of 11 copies.  Yesterday I took pics of 7 elements that I believe repeat.

818358171_Block1.JPG.e80816050feab45faf92b1b42caf8578.JPG

1981090909_Block2.JPG.e6f3f8729a9da4ef7083fe910d110211.JPG

1853978711_Block3.JPG.bb064a27ab87c4a1287995b3ad2eafba.JPG

234055985_Block4.JPG.d55e053fca6855410a62cf32e30d4232.JPG

627303876_Block5.JPG.dfa72eadd7595c490bd533f210bd23af.JPG

135684276_block6.JPG.2db4ba13121adbdd3a51a99399889eaa.JPG

And a "filler" region:

619260028_Blockfillerregion.JPG.51b373c596097dc77caf2af65df23149.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'm always interested in how the moles assemble new lands.  In the LogLands, many of the most lovely properties are in the beautifully designed repeated tiled elements - in fact, the only Log Home my partner and I will probably keep is on a region that is one of 11 copies.  Yesterday I took pics of 7 elements that I believe repeat.

627303876_Block5.JPG.dfa72eadd7595c490bd533f210bd23af.JPG

My "bird embryo" ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Yesterday I took pics of 7 elements that I believe repeat.

Lol I thought I was the only nerdy person doing that!:) I did the same yesterday. It's interesting to see what the layout of the homes will be. There are far less homes attached to the boardwalks than I thought there would be. I kind of expected there to be less free standing on water homes than there is, not sure why lol. At the moment I'm hoping to land one at the boardwalks. But any home over the water will do:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Definitely.  Some of the water regions have already been added.  They have to keep the actual connecting regions offline until the release, otherwise we would be able to cam across.  Here you can see the water regions along the east side of one section, with water regions going down towards an existing set of regions.  No doubt at all that they will connect it with more water regions - otherwise, those lower ones make no real sense at all.

image.thumb.png.9671d1b96e977e9e533da0b2feae962b.png

And I hope it also heads due east to connect to the old teen grid island.

• Like 3

For what im seeing the landscape looks just like the house boats one.

I was truly expecting to see them on  a landscape much more close to the logs look.

Im not pleased nor excited anymore

Edited by foneco Zuzu
the 1st post was irrelevant
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, foneco Zuzu said:

I was truly expecting to see them on  a landscape much more close to the logs look.

why would they landscape stilt houses like log homes? log homes are a massive overgrown forest..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

why would they landscape stilt houses like log homes? log homes are a massive overgrown forest..

To make it clear, i was expecting to have a much more luxurious vegetation on the stilt regions.

Right now, and only for what i'm seeing on the pictures above, they do look just like copies of the House boats ones.

And this is only my personal opinion.

So ill wait, perhaps more stilt regions are released and on a diff landscape.

11 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

To make it clear, i was expecting to have a much more luxurious vegetation on the stilt regions.

Did you not have a look at the demo region earlier this year? Knowing you, you did, and it was a sandy area, with a little more vegetation than the houseboat regions, but not by much. 
Here's a refresher of what to expect the stilt home regions to look like.

EDIT: Looks like the preview region is either accessible again, or it is still here. Have a look in person at the stilt homes: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL17B Enchant/77/90/23

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foneco Zuzu said:

It is more sand around the stilt homes than around the houseboats. Unless you talk about the big houseboat "islands" that are sand only. The palm trees around the stilt homes are new to the Bellisseria landscape, and other flowers growing from sand.

I have not seen the moles change the landscape around a theme as they work with it, it stay mostly the same. So it is what it is. Maybe you will like the next theme better.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

Right now, and only for what i'm seeing on the pictures above, they do look just like copies of the House boats ones.

And this is only my personal opinion.

So ill wait, perhaps more stilt regions are released and on a diff landscape.

You can always add vegetation to your parcel to make it feel more lush.  I know it's not the same, but you are likely going to spend most of your time on your own parcel, so you may not notice the mole landscaping as much.  

• Like 1

Yes i fear Im to spoiled by Victorian coastline and the logs Surroundings.:)

But i also think it is the best choice to connect Bellisseria to Satori?! even if i hope they will do it instead to the south of the blake sea. Lots of sailing areas in between the stilts.

Edited by foneco Zuzu
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

Yes i fear Im to spoiled by Victorian coastline and the logs Surroundings.:)

To be fair, those homes are on regions that are mostly comprised of land, coastlines notwithstanding.  The stilts are mostly over water and sandbars.  While some houseboat owners have taken liberties with vegetation that miraculously sprouts from salt water, I'd be disappointed if the moles followed suit.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

I went nearby, draw distance 1024, can't peek in 😞

If there is not an actual region between where you are and what you are trying to look at, you cannot cam there.  That is why they don't put the connecting regions in until they are close to releasing things.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

While some houseboat owners have taken liberties with vegetation that miraculously sprouts from salt water, I'd be disappointed if the moles followed suit.  

This is SL, where imagination rules --- who's to say the water is salt water just because it appears to be like an ocean?  

And, even if it is salt water, there are a variety of plants that do grow in salt water.

Though some of what people have growing out of the water would suggest that they subscribe more to my first statement -- or they believe SL plants have different properties, properties that allow them to grow anywhere.

I try to give the benefit of doubt - as long as whatever folks do mostly fits in with the surrounding stuff, I don't mind too much.  It bothers me much more when they are totally out of whack with everything around them -- folks that laid down a solid green grass prim over a sand parcel, making their parcel look way out of place with everything surrounding them (things like that).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is SL, where imagination rules.

You could have stopped right there, as it forgives anything that anyone would want to do.  That said, you readily admit that there are lines that people cross that offend your sense of what goes well with the surroundings.  You have your imagination, I have mine.  You have your lines, I have mine. 

Don't misunderstand.  I am very much a live and let live person.  I just happen to also have a larger than average range of what qualifies as "totally out of whack with everything around them."  Luckily the derender feature is there for people like me who aren't so tolerant of what lurks in the creative minds of some of our Bellisserian neighbors.  

• Like 7

Two interesting things about the Stilt build.  There are two halves of it, which as of Friday didn't seem to be connected.  Now they are connected at precisely ONE point, way up in the Northeast corner.

368114832_Stiltedges2.JPG.649d43f7b6abc169682d4d199229d496.JPG

Other than this one contact point, between the two halves of the Stilt buildout, there are always 2 or 3 empty regions.  Hard for me to believe that will all be open water; maybe a mix of open water and more houseboats?

Also, it's now clear that the northeast edge of the LogHome subcontinent had just coastline left to build.  A little spur of water regions reach down toward the Log Homes, leaving only a single region gap, where I've drawn a squiggly red line.

328683920_Stiltedges.JPG.d24aaec20e2227e1939150df7b36d4b6.JPG

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Two interesting things about the Stilt build.  There are two halves of it, which as of Friday didn't seem to be connected.  Now they are connected at precisely ONE point, way up in the Northeast corner.

368114832_Stiltedges2.JPG.649d43f7b6abc169682d4d199229d496.JPG

Other than this one contact point, between the two halves of the Stilt buildout, there are always 2 or 3 empty regions.  Hard for me to believe that will all be open water; maybe a mix of open water and more houseboats?

Also, it's now clear that the northeast edge of the LogHome subcontinent had just coastline left to build.  A little spur of water regions reach down toward the Log Homes, leaving only a single region gap, where I've drawn a squiggly red line.

328683920_Stiltedges.JPG.d24aaec20e2227e1939150df7b36d4b6.JPG

I'm not a fan of how tight the log homes are to the new stilts. Why can't they buffer it out with more water. As a fan of open water, it'll be hard to look over and see a giant mountain.

• Like 2