SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

all this and .....

I asked the ancestors (= looked up my records) and they said the stilthomes will be coming to you  either on  Monday 16th or on Wednesday 18th between 8 and 10 am SLT .... that is why: Releases have allways been on Mondays or Wednesdays allways early in the morning ... reasons see above @Nika Talaj

Release 1 Bellisseria North Houseboats und Trads was on Monday the 15.th of April 2019 at 13:15 SLT. It took roughly 12 hours for all of the Houseboats to be gone and just shy of 48 hours for all of the Houses to be taken.  That release was around 2300 total Houses and Houseboats. We were given about 24 hours notice on that one.

Release 2 Houseboats Sqishy Pickle was on Wednesday the 15th of May 2019 at 09:56 SLT  It consisted of 709 Houseboats.  We were initially given a 24-hour notice and then given somewhere from 30-60 minutes notice before that release and they were all snapped up in 7 minutes.

Release 3 Campers: On Monday 16 th of September 2019 around 08:00 SLT the new regions rose out of nothingness before the eyes of the gathered spectators. They could be zoomed into and inspected but were not on the LP. Then there was a party with patch and the moles in the new community center. Release was on Tuesday 17th around 12:50 SLT and the 500 Campers were grabbed very quickly.

Release 4 Victorians: It started on Monday the 16th of December 2019 when they filled the invisibility gap and let the gathered crowd zoom in at 9:19 SLT shortly after that they started releasing the regions first was Abrus at 10:43 SLT then more followed. Patch wrote in this forum: " ... Nearly 1600 Victorian homes will launch this week, the majority of them happening today (Monday, 16 December, 2019).  Plus another 500 coming before the end of the year!  In addition to that, over 1,600 Traditional Homes, Houseboats and Campers will be released later this week!"

This time the new homes plus the masses of abandoned older Belliseria homes (in order to get the new ones) lasted quite some time well over the XMas holidays. All four types were available till Sunday the 22nd then usually only leftovers that noone wanted till on Thursday 2nd of Januar 2020 only a few Campers remained and some Houseboats on the new cloned Pickle.

Release 5 Loghomes: Patch posted on Wednesday the 1st of April 2020: " Hello everyone! I am back, and this time with another staggering 4,828 new Linden Homes ready for your ownership! ... " AS I was not really interested in a Loghome I did not follow this closely but according to my favourite thread first Loghomes were available on Wedneday 1st of April 2020 at 08:42 SLT. Patch kept trail of how quickly they went and on 11 May 2020 at 11:49am SLT there were only 243 left so in 33 days 3144 of them had been taken.

Not counting the many releases of single regions during the intervals a total of 11 500 homes had been bulk- released by then

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 12

32 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I asked the ancestors (= looked up my records) and they said the stilthomes will be coming to you  either on  Monday 16th or on Wednesday 18th between 8 and 10 am SLT .... that is why: Releases have allways been on Mondays or Wednesdays allways early in the morning ... reasons see above

Thanks Leora:) I guess it depends on how long it takes for them to do their final checks and stuff - we don't know all the details of what that involves (apart from what Patch has recently mentioned) , plus Patch has said in the past that for a release they need certain people to be available. I'm definitely hoping for a release next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is later than that.

I just hope that the Stilts don't go too quickly. When the log homes were released I was really surprised when they didn't sell out in the first few days, but I'm not expecting it to be the same for the Stilts. I've estimated a release of over 3,600  Stilt homes(159 regions x an average of 23 homes per region) - I think they will go faster than the logs. The few extra hundred houseboats should make it a bit easier though for those who just want a home on Belli somewhere.

Theoretically each big release over time should sell out less quickly as less Premium members (plus alts) will be 'homeless'. So by the 11th release it should be less of a scramble to get one. At least that's what I'm telling myself lol.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5

It now appears to me that there are about 20 regions in Lower StiltHaven that do not have red borders, and about 18 in Upper StiltHaven. Nearly all of the non-red-bordered regions are in the easternmost sections of Stilthaven upper & lower.  I am hesitant to postulate that this definitely means those regions have not been QA'd.

> It has always seemed to me that the region status squares are not an intrinsic part of the QA process, but just a convenient visual for the team.  Individual regions have been released with non-red status markers in the past.

> The inworld map, which is all I've been using, is just plain weird.  Particularly when it comes to regions joining or departing from the grid, the map seems to have a strangely long latency period.  Regions sometimes visually linger long since their departure, and new regions sometimes do not seem to update to show their true contents, all of which can change at different zoom levels.  Some of this may be an interaction with browser caching.

So while it is difficult to nail down a specific level of "done-ness", I do feel confident in stating that if the red borders reflect QA passage, the Stilts have been moving very swiftly through QA.

OTOH, I don't believe there has been any indication from Patch that "soon" is approaching.  Were the release to be targeted for M-W of this upcoming week, i would have expected some sort of mention by now.

In my mind, the likelihood of a release next week is about equal to the likelihood that LL will add more regions to the Stilts and release in December.

• Like 7

@Daniel Voyager I hope before that happens, we'll see more growth down south, to connect the elements of Belli more with each other. I lived in the "upper pickle" as my first house in Belli and it already felt disconnected. Now seeing this raw edge on the Loghome continent and how isolated the Stilts are going to be...ouch. You won't be able to go sailing from there. But still, a really interesting picture... maybe Satori and Belli touch noses...in a far away future.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

@Daniel Voyager I hope before that happens, we'll see more growth down south, to connect the elements of Belli more with each other. I lived in the "upper pickle" as my first house in Belli and it already felt disconnected. Now seeing this raw edge on the Loghome continent and how isolated the Stilts are going to be...ouch. You won't be able to go sailing from there. But still, a really interesting picture... maybe Satori and Belli touch noses...in a far away future.

Yeah, that would be nice to see more growth down south and towards the east. I just wonder if the old Linden Home regions should be moved nearby with direct water regions. I think by theme 9 or 10 maybe the continents (Satori and Belli) may join up.

I think it would be nice to see more airstips and sandbox regions. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Once uplift completed, they could complete the top of logland along with water regions (theres two below the upper stilts, so looks like plan) That would connect the stilt area to the squishy pickle.

2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Yeah, that would be nice to see more growth down south and towards the east. I just wonder if the old Linden Home regions should be moved nearby with direct water regions. I think by theme 9 or 10 maybe the continents (Satori and Belli) may join up.

I think it would be nice to see more airstips and sandbox regions. 

Maybe they'll put a Stilt Community area and an airstrip like Coral Waters in the gap between the upper and lower stilts

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Progress as of 6:35am SLT on Saturday - still no borders on HB regions, lots of red with a handful of orange and one green border everywhere else, and a message :) 

latest.jpg

progressSat635amSLT.jpg

What's the message?  Look out for giant centipedes in the water?

[Edit]  Ohhh, I see. :D

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cryogen Crimson said:

I wonder if that is a direct response to @Nika Talaj's comments earlier.

With their progress, they might be able to release next Wed - or if they work throughout the weekend, possibly Monday. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3