How long have you been a Resident of Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

50 million chat messages sent daily? That's over a thousand messages per day per online user. Is LL counting messages received, including group messages, or are there a lot of spambots I'm not seeing?

(The number I'd really like to see is active daily users. "Active" meaning they did something - move, chat, or voice - and aren't a known bot.)

" Second Life's first real-world millionaire; Ailin Graef, better known as Anshe Chung (her avatar), converted an initial investment of $9.95 USD into over one million dollars over the course of two and a half years."

Yea I wish I was there when it started!

Edited by SodaGnome

• Moderators

Greetings all!

Awesome question, Xiola!

For me, I started out as a plain ole user. My first account was created in December 2006, so I have been here for 11 years and 4 months (gotta get those 4 months in LOL).

I have worked for Linden Lab since January 2009, so 9 years and 3 months.  :D

• Like 3

I made my first avatar 7 years and 1 month ago, though my stay in SL back then wasn't very long-lasting as the people I went into SL with dropped out.

I gave it another shot 3 years and 11 months ago, and it appears I got stuck this time.

• Like 2

Eight years. I made clothes for a couple years before I switched to this avatar. This avatar used to be my clothing model while I worked in PS and blender. I decided to just work on photography instead of clothes and I’ve stuck with that.

I do get the urge to jump in blender every now and then still.

• Like 1

I have a twisted story to tell. I first rezzed in SL back in October 2003 as Debi Baskerville. I wasn't very active back then. I got pulled over to World of Warcraft with a group of friends and ended up going so inactive that Debi went dormant. Speed up a few years, 2008, when another friend kept telling me to come back to SL. I relented and made a new avatar because I was certain there was no way to get Debi back. After about a year of life as Blush, I contacted Linden Lab hoping to get Debi reinstated, but I was told .. sorry, no, she's been inactive too long. I was really depressed because I really loved my name, but went on with Blush. I started creating and eventually opened a shop. Several of my friends urged me to try again to get Debi reinstated telling me of several instances where others had been able to retrieve their old accounts. So, I tried again, and this time I was successful. I was so excited to get my Baskerville name back. So I've lived two very active lives in SL for many years now. That is up until recently when SL took a back seat to Sansar. However, I"m spending more time back in SL lately. I still like Sansar a lot, but SL is home.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 4

On 25/04/2018 at 12:23 AM, Xiola Linden said:

Hello Residents!

For those of you who missed it - there is as pretty cool updated infograph that we shared yesterday as part of our look back at the last 15 years in Second Life.

It got me thinking about the time I have spent inworld - both prior to my working at Linden Lab, and my time here. My question to you is - how many of the last 15 years have you been part of the Second Life community?

For me - as Resident it has been almost 12 years and coming up on 7 as a Linden!

Can I save and upload that infographic image inworld? Really want to put it on my place! c=

Edit: And I've been here for almost 6 years as a resident since I created my account! ♥

Edited by lucagrabacr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.