How long have you been a Resident of Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm older than some Lindens -- and most of the Lindens I knew in the early years are gone.

I actually came to Second Life in May 2004 but I couldn't get it to work because my graphics card wasn't good enough.

So I then made the account "Prokofy" in September 2004 when I got a better computer. That makes me 13 years, 7 months old.

• Like 2

Ahh, so many lovely fellow oldies;)

In 2006, I got broadband. I was super excited and typed into Google: 'Things to do with broandband.' Second Life was the first result to come up. 

And on February 10th 2006, I logged on. 12 years later and I'm still logged on. 

One of the fortunate few that received a 50L a week stipend, even for a free basic account. Now with the premium membership it's 500L which I quite like a lot.

I've been in SL longer than I've had RL jobs.

And for some reason, I'm kinda proud of that... *insert questionable face here* 

On 4/27/2018 at 8:46 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

I'm older than some Lindens -- and most of the Lindens I knew in the early years are gone.

I actually came to Second Life in May 2004 but I couldn't get it to work because my graphics card wasn't good enough.

So I then made the account "Prokofy" in September 2004 when I got a better computer. That makes me 13 years, 7 months old.

Your name is so familiar!

I came in during SL's high watermark in 2007 and was quickly hooked despite the steep learning curve.  The first few years I was totally addicted (hours a day) but my interest started waning in 2010 and pretty much went into semi-active check-in status up until this year when I decided to binge a bit.    The immersive free-form concept and endless variation is what keeps me tethered, and SL has aged like fine wine.  xD

Nearly 2 1/2 years. Just a baby compared to most posting here. I love reading your comments.... you all keep the flame lit! Took me a long time to start committing the time to really understand the tech, sims and community. But I’m hooked and loose myself inside the limitless worlds that have been created! Love ? SL. Thanks Lindens.

• Like 1

The very end of July 2004, that's like er 13 years and 9 months ?

I still remember the first day and the crazy fun that followed like yesterday,  my oh my ...

It has been like wandering in a collective mindspace, with people's imaginations poured out upon the landscape.

My love to all my dear friends still sharing this waking dream, and those too who have departed both SL and RL in the times since <3

Edited by Dee Firefly
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CrystalShard Foo said:

14 years since February 6th, 2004. My avatar should be able to get a driver license soon.

I never looked at it that way, ... now that explains all the bad driving I see xD

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.