How big is your block list?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was surprised that my list is 112 entries. 4 groups, 12 objects, so 96 residents. I've never cleared the list.

Noisy, annoying things get muted. With people it is a matter how they treat me. So aggressive rudeness, being obnoxious, and/or stupidity get one on my list.

I've met a couple of hysterically insane people. They are on the list.

Guys sometimes get WAY overly possessive. A couple of those have made the list.

Others are so lost and unaware I put them on the list in self defense. I don't want to go to jail for shooting them...

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

A few residents, but that dates from years ago. I had one stalker who is on the list. Some people seem to think they own you after you had a pleasant chat with them and appear in your house uninvited and send you several messages every day, alternately despairing or angry because you do not respond. But last years I don't encounter any real problems. 'Afkloppen' you say then in the Netherlands, I think you say in English: knock on wood. :-).

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 3

On 8/3/2022 at 4:00 AM, Dragon Mommy said:

95% of my Blocklist is spam or a persistent creepy guy who used to post ads looking for 'girls who were submissive when younger' from endless throwaway accounts.

This guy is still at it. I've encountered several of his alts at Welcome Island. For some strange reason he wears a round boulder in his stomach.

• Like 1

I think about 4 and those happened in the first years of my SL. I derender things for lag sometimes but only temp. I do not get spammed luckily and if I catch a person having added me to something I contact them to remove me, it would take it happening over and over again to block them. I am too of the mind that a spammer today may be someone I need to communicate with in ten years kind of thing.

It took me all the time since this thread was originally posted to do the counting.
But the final result (after a few serious recounts) is: zero.
As far as the forums go I have the same result.

In the past I had one or two in my plonk dungeons but I always release them after a few weeks or so.

I only have 4 on my block list inworld, and I think most of them were people or objects that kept sending me ads that I didn't subscribe to and there was not an easy way to unsubscribe. 

If I'm getting something unsolicited, I'm not going to go to a lot of time and work to figure out how to unsubscribe - if it's not immediately clear and easy to do, I'm just going to block the sender.

I couldn't recall ever blocking any, so I just logged in to check. I'm surprised. I have 44 on my list.  Two thirds are objects, including two XStreet vendors and a Babbler vendor (which tells you how long it's been since I added them) and a half dozen things named Object.   The rest are all names I do not recognize, except for one person I last saw in about 2011 (and who died sometime after that).   

I'm curious about why I ever decided to block something called the Jill In A Box: Free Avatar Starter Kit and something else named Sunbrella Plain White.  They must have done something evil, but I can't even remember what they were, much less what they did to deserve being blocked. On the other hand, I can easily imagine why Scorpion-(IB)-Gunship - Air Force - camo is on the list. It probably deserved what it got, and I imagine that its owner is one of the mystery avatars also on the list. The only thing on the list that I feel at all sorry about is the Garden of Hugs Dance Ball, which must have been shoved in there by accident. I can't think why I would have blocked anything with a name as warm and cuddly as Garden of Hugs

Anyway, I have decided to empty the whole list. They've done their time and more.  

• Haha 2

I have zero people on my inworld block list.  I used to have zero on the forums too but now I have every repetitive land sales/rental advertiser on there.  That's a fault of the forum software though for not letting us block topics.

People either generally don't annoy me enough to block or I've learned to ignore them.

21 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

why I ever decided to block something called the Jill In A Box: Free Avatar Starter Kit

I have that, and at one time, long ago, would hand it out to any and every passing newcomer. A very few recipients refused it, fearing I was trying to trick them in some way.

As far as I know, there's nothing bad or copybotted in the kit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.