So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Can you provide a link to where you’ve seen it discussed by LL?  I’d appreciate it.

Patch said it at the SL19B talk he did, there's a link somewhere on the forums but not sure if this thread or the other sorrry x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is too late and not up to even reasonable levels of what any of us actually want. LL being out of touch as normal

Mainland is horrid with poor performance and awkward shapes and resold at stupid prices.  more mainland does nothing.

More stipend? sure but eh?    Free uploads. Noice. I like that.

But....how about? Better private full sim prices??? Maybe?? Homestead without needing to fork out having to own a FULL REGION?  most people cant afford half a months work wages or even 25% of the upper classes wages on a dam sim.

LL. you would make more money in region volume if the barrier to entry and reoccurring fee's where lower.  More active sims need to be built up to there themes aka....more market sales and more Lindens bought to pay/buy items/people to build those regions with objects!.

and ya know some other small neat things

1.more animesh attachment limits (dude..its the same tech our avatars run on stop making it seem like its taxing...)

(a rant about other issues effecting SL enjoyment for most and how SL could actually make more money on market fee's if.......items wernnt so *NO EDIT* plagued)
2a. More attachment count
2b. update the permission settings so stupid content creators stop NO MODDING ***** that we buy because they think that  it *protects* their items from being *stolen* (it does not as OPEN GL has zero security as debug tools can see everything....., if you don't want your stuff stolen don't play SL (also bad ban the thieves))
2C. Reason why?   We run into attachment limits because we cant link stuff with NO MOD on it....... everything that's rigged can easily be linked together as one attachment.....

3. Mesh makers should supply mod yes options to people if they ask...like this just kills creativity and self no profit modding (cant sell whats no transfer :P)

Edited by Otharious
  • Like 2

Just also want to add.

Most people that Play Second life do not have money to fork out for a sim.  if sims where targeted better you have more people getting them.   change your prices for us poor fork that wanna express our fantasy without having to pick between food or rent. second life is a great escape for us that need it.  and it can be WAY better.  volume will make up for the per region low profit margin you make if you change it.  VRCHAT has your outmatch when it comes to the realms you can visit. time to update.

The only other rich group are the content makers
Content creators obviously have the skills to do w/e they want in sl with no issue as they basically just live off of Second lifes economy (the most successful ones)

Edited by Otharious
typooos with---> to without
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not getting PP+ because really I wouldn't use a lot of that stuff anyways..

After thinking about all this and with them pulling quarterly, which errked me real good because it felt like a really cheap move on their part.. So I decided to do a little cheapening myself.

I went and looked at what perks I really even use in premium and really, there isn't much I do use.

So I decided, those have been a waste of money for me too, so I downgraded all three of my accounts to basic..

I'll give that money to the content creators instead. ;)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm not getting PP+ because really I wouldn't use a lot of that stuff anyways..

After thinking about all this and with them pulling quarterly, which errked me real good because it felt like a really cheap move on their part.. So I decided to do a little cheapening myself.

I went and looked at what perks I really even use in premium and really, there isn't much I do use.

So I decided, those have been a waste of money for me too, so I downgraded all three of my accounts to basic..

I'll give that money to the content creators instead. ;)

The only thing I really use with my premium is that extra slot to get into events. Thats it.

• Like 5

Just now, Chris Corvinus said:

The only thing I really use with my premium is that extra slot to get into events. Thats it.

Ya, that was about it, but then I end up going when they calm down anyways..

The stipend I would get also, that was a drop in the bucket of lindens I buy.

I still have to wait for all my premiums to cycle out.. 2 were gonna renew on the 1st and 2nd of next month.. The last one won't renew until next May, So I still have one for a whole year..

We'll see what happens this next year and what changes.. If they get more cheap so will I..

• Like 2

Good time to change your name if you've been considering it. The combined promo price, stipend increase and $15 concierge name change represents almost $20* off if there's not some loophole I'm overlooking.Long as you get out before it renews, that's how they get you :P

*  Premium: 11.99 + 39.99 name change,  $5 worth of stipend
    Premium Plus: 24.99 + 15.00 name change, $11 worth of stipend

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chris Corvinus said:

I really haven't had much trouble at all in the last couple of years with getting into events on the first day.  YMMV, but it just doesn't seem that they are as in demand as they used to be.  Weekend sales have taken over.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Otharious said:

This is too late and not up to even reasonable levels of what any of us actually want. LL being out of touch as normal

Mainland is horrid with poor performance and awkward shapes and resold at stupid prices.  more mainland does nothing.

More stipend? sure but eh?    Free uploads. Noice. I like that.

But....how about? Better private full sim prices??? Maybe?? Homestead without needing to fork out having to own a FULL REGION?  most people cant afford half a months work wages or even 25% of the upper classes wages on a dam sim.

LL. you would make more money in region volume if the barrier to entry and reoccurring fee's where lower.  More active sims need to be built up to there themes aka....more market sales and more Lindens bought to pay/buy items/people to build those regions with objects!.

and ya know some other small neat things

1.more animesh attachment limits (dude..its the same tech our avatars run on stop making it seem like its taxing...)

(a rant about other issues effecting SL enjoyment for most and how SL could actually make more money on market fee's if.......items wernnt so *NO EDIT* plagued)
2a. More attachment count
2b. update the permission settings so stupid content creators stop NO MODDING ***** that we buy because they think that  it *protects* their items from being *stolen* (it does not as OPEN GL has zero security as debug tools can see everything....., if you don't want your stuff stolen don't play SL (also bad ban the thieves))
2C. Reason why?   We run into attachment limits because we cant link stuff with NO MOD on it....... everything that's rigged can easily be linked together as one attachment.....

3. Mesh makers should supply mod yes options to people if they ask...like this just kills creativity and self no profit modding (cant sell whats no transfer :P)

I love the mainland. What I don't like is zoning. I see very little use for zoning. Build what you want. As long as its not on a 16 sq. meter lot. Anything that is less than 512 sq. meters, should be set by LL, so that it could not be sold. The only exception would be to LL. I like seeing houses, clubs, stores, and skyscrapers in the same sim.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I really haven't had much trouble at all in the last couple of years with getting into events on the first day.  YMMV, but it just doesn't seem that they are as in demand as they used to be.  Weekend sales have taken over.  

Ya and with these super nice event regions they have now, it shouldn't be any problem ever getting in now..

hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I will not be upgrading, at least until the package is complete and I can run the numbers and see how the value works out then, because right now, it's just not there.

Soon in Linden speak might as well mean any time in the next decade.

So let me rephrase .. I will be upgrading SOON, just as SOON as LINDEN SOON happens to be. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Otharious said:

Don't buy those no-mod items then.. easy fix. If you buy them and then complain well, you're just a sucker then lol. Creators don't make no-mod items to protect their stuff, besides scripts. They do it to make more money so suckers buy fatback's just to change a color. Don't buy it, and then tell them why. If enough do the same then you will see results. That's how things work. Just how, if you're not happy with sub model for SL, then don't buy it. Really is that simple. Whenever I come across something I really like that's no-mod, I always reach out to creator and tell them how I feel about it, and sometimes they work it out. Other times, well, they don't. Is what it is. No mod, no buy.

Edited by ST33LDI9ITAL
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I signed up for Premium Plus because I wanted the extra group slots and because I wanted to have any 'early adapter' benefit there might be when/if the 2048 Premium Linden homes become available.

Checking on the name change fee reduction, I found that you have to put in a support ticket to get the $15.00 deal; otherwise you have to pay the standard $39 fee. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Mousy Littlepaws said:

Can we @ @Patch Linden (sorry sorry sorry!) and ask about Quarterly? I'm curious why it was removed and will it return? You'll have happier customers 😁

pls.jpg

I noticed this on Inara Pey's blog...

Quarterly Premium billing is only available to those who were on the billing plan prior to it being discontinued on June 24th, 2019.

https://modemworld.me/2022/06/23/second-life-premium-plus-launches-some-notes/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I don't really use land so it's not really looking like something I'll use. The free uploads? I'd need to upload 3615 10linden items a year to break even, even divided by 4 accounting for pbr it's still 900 sets of textures. Maybe with free mesh uploads I'd be tempted and Patch did mention this, but it's not in the initial offering .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I will not be upgrading, at least until the package is complete and I can run the numbers and see how the value works out then, because right now, it's just not there.

Soon in Linden speak might as well mean any time in the next decade.

So let me rephrase .. I will be upgrading SOON, just as SOON as LINDEN SOON happens to be. 

Two years ago when there was first mention of a premium premium membership, 'details to come later in the year' was tacked on to it.

I guess that according to LL timeline two years is later in whatever year that is  current. Also, ever notice that increases usually happen around the SLBs.... I'm wondering what will be increased or 'on offer' next year... I'm starting not to look forward to SLBs much.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:
4 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

If they want to make Premium Plus worth it, make Mesh uploads cheaper/free for that level. 

That's going to be added later.

45 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Nothing to back it up, just a statement. You say you aren't a Linden, then dont give out info you cant back up. If you had posted a link to where LL said that, that would be information. 

Patch did say that about the Mesh upload charges.  Inara noted it in her write-up from the talk - and she gives timestamps so you can listen to the relevant parts of the video:

image.png.6b02c3703c2b93986ab7ea902abf2119.png

https://modemworld.me/2022/06/21/sl19b-mtl-patch-linden-premium-plus-and-more-video/

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Tabby Snookipuss said:

My account receives grandfathered stipend with my regular Premium Membership. Will I get a larger stipend with Premium Plus?

No. The Premium Plus stipend is L$650 across the board. However, if you upgrade to a Premium Plus membership, should you choose to go back to a regular Premium Membership at any time, you will receive your Premium Membership stipend at the grandfathered rate again.

I have a grandfathered account, so my stipend is 500L. So 150L more a week is no where near worth upgrading to PP for me.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Nothing to back it up, just a statement. You say you aren't a Linden, then dont give out info you cant back up. If you had posted a link to where LL said that, that would be information. 

I backed off because it felt like you wanted a fight no matter what. Providing the link just would have provoked you in that context. This has been happening all day, where people ask for information, then shout at the person who answers. They don't really want the answer and often knew the answer (but were making a point that it wasn't on x page or something like that). You came across like that.

But if you want a moment of assuming good faith, I'll assume you're just going to say "thanks" and stop shouting at me if I reply. You've been given some other links, so here is Patch briefly explaining why free mesh uploads aren't live yet:

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Flower Caerndow said:

As it has been pointed out repeatedly on this thread, the Premium Plus package is not worth it for any one of the benefits.  It is the combination of multiple benefits that make it worth the additional cost.  It is for people who can see beyond their own one need or want.

Why would I be looking at the proposed service for anything other than what it does for me?

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

I backed off because it felt like you wanted a fight no matter what. Providing the link just would have provoked you in that context. This has been happening all day, where people ask for information, then shout at the person who answers. They don't really want the answer and often knew the answer (but were making a point that it wasn't on x page or something like that). You came across like that, so I backed off.

But if you want a moment of assuming good faith, I'll assume you're just going to say "thanks" and stop shouting at me if I reply. You've been given some other links, so here is Patch briefly explaining why free mesh uploads aren't live yet:

Please don't puree the messenger.We can all buy premium plus or we can not buy it.Choice is up to us.I am only a sl resident,not creator,owner so some of the offerings really don't apply to me.SL is my get away from it all,total chillax zone.Not many things I could do in the real world nowadays for $25.00 per month.Everything is more expensive now and I am sure things cost more for LL as well.So I am fine with it.Dont know yet if I will upgrade I am pretty happy with premium.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.