So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If quarterly billing is really gone then that's another source of income they're losing. I prefer to put an alt on quarterly when a new LH theme launches so they can pick up their signup bonus and have plenty of time to home-hop before I downgrade them again, but if I'm being forced to pay monthly... nah, I'll just use an old account who's already had their bonus and downgrade after a month. Evidently they're banking on enough big creators and GOH whales upgrading to PP+ that minnows like me don't signify.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

That's going to be added later.

Are you meaning soon™? If it isn't there now then one should not be buying P+ now for a supposed benefit down the road as the Lab drops the ball on those sort of promises too often for anything like that to be considered reliable. 

• Like 4

Well. I’m def not upgrading. I was hoping for so much more.

-Discount on land ownership or

-Maybe an Open Space sim included. Okay only 10 avatars but would peak interest.

Uploads and tier is nice but still. Would I upload enough stuff to make it worth it?.

2048 is okay. Should have been 4096 or as said above an open space.

Il pass.

• Like 2

I am on a fixed income < retirement> and the cost of $249 a year <that is only if you get in early, if not, it is $299 a yr>  is extremely high for me  Some of the benefits seem ok but not enough for me to choose a Plus membership

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MayaJoelle said:

I am on a fixed income < retirement> and the cost of $249 a year <that is only if you get in early, if not, it is $299 a yr>  is extremely high for me  Some of the benefits seem ok but not enough for me to choose a Plus membership

Where did it say $299 a year? I didn't hear that at that talk :(

1 minute ago, MayaJoelle said:

the cost of $249 a year <that is only if you get in early, if not, it is $299 a yr> 

There has not been anything said about the $249 a year going up in price - it is only the monthly fee that has an introductory time-limited discount, and the monthly discount amount and the monthly regular fee are both clearly marked on the pricing screen. 

If you are currently a premium member, and move to premium +, you may get a discounted amount (less than the$249 for the first year) because they will pro-rate the amount based on how much of your current premium term is left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've debated and done the numbers every which way, and ultimately decided that I'm not upgrading Lil - at least not now.  I have 2 other Premiums that just renewed this past March and they handle my current additional tier needs. 

Maybe next year I'll let them drop and bump Lil.................... but then again, maybe not.  I let my Linden Houseboat go because I've not been using it - and I've no plans to get another LH at this time.  I don't need more groups or saved IMs and I don't upload enough textures for that part to matter at all.  As someone else mentioned in one of the threads, I can actually rent tier cheaper than paying for a Premium account.  The Stipend isn't enough to justify it either.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Are you meaning soon™? If it isn't there now then one should not be buying P+ now for a supposed benefit down the road as the Lab drops the ball on those sort of promises too often for anything like that to be considered reliable. 

I posted the information because I thought the person saying it had not heard about it and would want to know. I'm not a Linden. I'm not involved in any way in the admin of Second Life. People are aiming comments at me that really shouldn't be coming to me.

Personally, plus is cheaper for me than regular premium with tier (and VAT), so it's an easy choice. I don't need the upload cost changes for it to be cheaper. They're just cake.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am eager to see what changes after the "Introductory" price period for Premium Plus.

I was reminded about this again just now in the Official Post that dropped an hour or so ago.

Best case scenario: Sign up early, get Grandfathered forever!

Not as nice: It goes up another $20-$30 later for everyone - we'll let you know when we decide how much, and when!

This is exactly what I came here looking for. $25 a month is already a stretch over the quarterly I already pay, but for doubled groups, doubled land, and doubled stipend, plus free uploads, I'd be willing to pay it. $30 a month would be just that little bit too much, but if I'd already jumped in for 25, then I'd have to lose a bunch of groups, stipend, and land... or keep on paying too much. They really need to more clearly define what they mean by "for a limited time." 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.