So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I think LL may change their mind and reinstate quarterly payments. It is something they will not lose money on. Keep customers who can't pay annually, and give them a few dollars off. Better that, than they go back to basic.

And then LL can tell how they listen to us residents.

I really hope so, yearly is such a lot to find in one go. I think a lot more would sign up for quarterly @Patch Linden is there any hope at all?

Really the 3 month plan doesn't seem to me that good of a deal when considering the required Vat on top of it. Looking at (rounded figures) 4x$33=$132x1.20Vat=$158.40 vs $100. That is quite a surcharge for what is being considered the low income people.

Instead, it would be nice if S/L sold a yearly premium subscription payable in 4 equal installments of say 27.50 each, allowing them to not have to charge Vat and saving those most challenged to only have to fork over a total of $110 with the extra $10 being a surcharge for the extra paperwork.

• Like 3

It's easy for me. 

It does't adds up so no premium plus for me at the moment. 

It is cheaper for me to stay premium. RL is expensive enough as It is. Upgrading should be profitable for both sides. 

It is too little for too much money for me. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Augustlilac Luckstone said:

I signed up and paid the upgrade for premium plus yesterday. when does it take effect?  I see nothing of the upgrades yet.

I would say just relog that's what did the trick for me, but you said since yesterday so I assume you already relogged x3 

It's not much of a difference tho...no fireworks or unicorns are appearing, have you tried uploading a picture or had a look at your group slots? 🤔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Really the 3 month plan doesn't seem to me that good of a deal when considering the required Vat on top of it. Looking at (rounded figures) 4x$33=$132x1.20Vat=$158.40 vs $100. That is quite a surcharge for what is being considered the low income people.

Instead, it would be nice if S/L sold a yearly premium subscription payable in 4 equal installments of say 27.50 each, allowing them to not have to charge Vat and saving those most challenged to only have to fork over a total of $110 with the extra $10 being a surcharge for the extra paperwork.

That VAT. I loathe it. I pay 25%. 😭

So if I subscribe, it will be yearly, without VAT. No question about that.

For US citizens, the taxes isn't as high as 20 or 25? Is it not more like 5 or 10%?

Is dividing up payment in 4 installments too much bookkeeping for LL maybe? Or possible?

Dividing yearly payment in 2 installments would help too.

But I won't pay anything at all before I see the 2048m houses.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

This could satisfy the lindens and us, maybe. I wonder if they considered it, I'd definitely go for that

4 hours ago, Otharious said:

The land barons charge more then owning your own fullsim though.... in RENT by WAAy to much though

so many full sims sitting for rent just like irl housing market nonsense

I often wonder where and who these land barons are that are charging WAY too much for a full region.  The land company I always rent from rents   20K full regions for USD$231/4 wks.  $2 over LL price.    30K regions for USD$259/4 wks..  $6 over LL price.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I often wonder where and who these land barons are that are charging WAY too much for a full region.  The land company I always rent from rents   20K full regions for USD$231/4 wks.  $2 over LL price.    30K regions for USD$259/4 wks..  $6 over LL price.

The bigger older barons get deep discounts.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Here's what you get:

1731500820_Premiumplus.thumb.jpg.4bb9e98a9799431f12afeab16655108c.jpg

thank you for sharing your page with us cuz I was curious. But having seen it, I am really confused now. if the fee is 249 annually and then subtract $58.85 from it, that should leave 190.15. But they are only charging you 89.17. What happened to the other $100.98 of the fee?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

thank you for sharing your page with us cuz I was curious. But having seen it, I am really confused now. if the fee is 249 annually and then subtract $58.85 from it, that should leave 190.15. But they are only charging you 89.17. What happened to the other $100.98 of the fee?

My Sister had this happen too. I think they don't take the full year, they only take it up until your next billing date. Hers says $249 will be due on her next billing date, which is the date it was originally going to renew I think (very confusing)

3 minutes ago, Liaa Nova said:

My Sister had this happen too. I think they don't take the full year, they only take it up until your next billing date. Hers says $249 will be due on her next billing date, which is the date it was originally going to renew I think (very confusing)

oh, of course. she is paying the increased fee of 249 instead of 99 for only a 5 month period. Thanks for clearing that up for me LIaa... makes perfect sense once you explained it

• Like 1

Linden Lab has been professional and added my VAT long before I press "buy".

I like it. Instead they could have added VAT only at checkout. I might press pay without noticing. So having it on the first page is good. They have added it for Premium monthly too, but not in red since it is the ordinary price.

The rest of the months will it be 37.49 US. If I wanted/had to pay monthly.

No, I did not continue to checkout. Not now. Later. Maybe.

wvat.png

• Like 1

i think we just need to look at what we can gain that is useful to us by weighing up the pros/cons as I did.

I am currently renting a plot of land for 2,030L a week costing me £31.86 a month, it is bigger than what I really need and I could still do what I need to do on a 2048 plot. I probably upload about 1/200 textures a week when in creation mode, so that's a saving of 4/8,000L a month.

So with Prem+ I will have no land fees, 650L a week to spend and frree texture uploads costing me £29.49 a month(at the full price) The other perks being useful too, so I have opted for Prem+,  though I made a new group and it still cost 100L so that needs tweeking, the free texture uploads is working as it should. 

As a content creator I can offer my clothing with many more options giving customers better value for money seeing as all the textures are now free. I can sell textures at a much cheaper price which I am sure others will do. I have a wide range of freebies available, I could start doing free textures as well. So it does help other residents as well. For me it is a win-win situation. The $15 name change fee is a bit much, I think  that should be free. I am not really bothered about the other perks so much

Edited by Carolyn Zapedzki
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Liaa Nova said:

I would like to know how much it will be after the first month too, I'm not sure if the offer was for anyone signing up in the first 30 days permanently, or if it was only the first month

this is what it say's on Inara Pey's site.

1. Monthly and Quarterly billing are subject to VAT where applicable.
  2. Those taking a Premium Plus subscription in the first 30 days following the launch will be charged $24.99 for their first month and $29.99 thereafter.
  3. Quarterly Premium billing is only available to those who were on the billing plan prior to it being discontinued on June 24th, 2019.
  4. Annual billing is VAT exempt in those countries that normally charge VAT.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Grandfathered regions are 179 a month and the larger land barons own loads of them.  Can’t remember how much a 30k prim one is but I know it was 30 us dollars more than the 20k prim one at least in may of 2021.  You now have to pay tax based on the area from which you live for your region that started this year.  I pay tax on the 179 a month now.  

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

this is what it say's on Inara Pey's site.

1. Monthly and Quarterly billing are subject to VAT where applicable.
  2. Those taking a Premium Plus subscription in the first 30 days following the launch will be charged $24.99 for their first month and $29.99 thereafter.
  3. Quarterly Premium billing is only available to those who were on the billing plan prior to it being discontinued on June 24th, 2019.
  4. Annual billing is VAT exempt in those countries that normally charge VAT.

It is now 29.99 a month rising to 34.99 a month.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

Grandfathered regions are 179 a month and the larger land barons own loads of them.  Can’t remember how much a 30k prim one is but I know it was 30 us dollars more than the 20k prim one at least in may of 2021.  You now have to pay tax based on the area from which you live for your region that started this year.  I pay tax on the 179 a month now.  

Regardless of whether it's a grandfathered region or not, it's not much more to rent from this company over purchasing one from LL.  That was my comparison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Linden Lab war professionell und hat meine Mehrwertsteuer hinzugefügt, lange bevor ich auf „Kaufen“ drücke.

Ich mag das. Stattdessen hätten sie die Mehrwertsteuer erst an der Kasse hinzufügen können. Ich könnte auf Bezahlen drücken, ohne es zu merken. Es ist also gut, es auf der ersten Seite zu haben. Sie haben es auch für Premium monatlich hinzugefügt, aber nicht in Rot, da es der normale Preis ist.

In den restlichen Monaten werden es 37,49 US sein. Wenn ich monatlich zahlen wollte/musste.

Nein, ich bin nicht weiter zur Kasse gegangen. Nicht jetzt. Später. Vielleicht.

wvat.png

From one of my other accounts. And no, I didn't buy - not worth it for me.

Premium+.png

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.