So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The other thread was locked while I was trying to post - so I will try to put my thoughts here.

My biggest disappointment with the Plus membership is the way that the Stipend increase is being handled for us older accounts with grandfathered stipends.  While other members are getting more than double the stipend for switching to Plus, I would end up getting about 30% increase and be paying more than twice a year than I am for my regular premium account. I can't work out how this would make financial sense in my situation.

If I was a creator that did a lot of uploading on a regular basis, then I could see it may be worth the increase. If I needed 140 groups ... maybe, but I have enough trouble keeping track of 70.  

For me, I would be better off financially with another Premium Alt.  

• Like 2

Now that I've had my nap, and looked over the list of benefits for P+, I think I'm going to dip my toe in the plus pool. As a frequent name-changer (be who you want to be, and all that), I will at least break even with what I could save on changing names. OK, maybe I hang onto this name a while. Maybe my name will be changed 3 times in two months. Maybe not. For the times I am feeling loads of anxiety, and thinking my avatar needs to be in a witness protection program, this will make things easier for me.

So, yeah, I'm changing my vote to worth it to me. YMMV.

• Like 3

Keep in mind that for the groups once you have 70 the only caveat is you can't add more so if you delete one you can add another till you are back down to 40.  If you cancel premium then you keep the 70  or (whatever is over 40) you already have so that's probably why the cost is not divided into months. You sign up for a month, get your 140 groups and cancel. They aren't making the same mistake twice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayla Evergarden said:

Now that I've had my nap, and looked over the list of benefits for P+, I think I'm going to dip my toe in the plus pool. As a frequent name-changer (be who you want to be, and all that), I will at least break even with what I could save on changing names. OK, maybe I hang onto this name a while. Maybe my name will be changed 3 times in two months. Maybe not. For the times I am feeling loads of anxiety, and thinking my avatar needs to be in a witness protection program, this will make things easier for me.

So, yeah, I'm changing my vote to worth it to me. YMMV.

When did free name changes come into the picture?  I don't see that anywhere.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 2

If it was addressed-explained or if I am thinking too much into it- the premium plus 2,048m squared of land.

Does that mean 2 premium houses in Belliseria, or is a new home type with bigger lots coming?  (I get that you can now get a bigger mainland parcel).  

Unless it means a bigger land footprint in a Belliseria premium situation there’s zero appeal to premium plus to me (I know no 9ne asked for my opinion I just don’t have any use for what they’re offering compared to the other premium- a name change included could have sweetened things.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayla Evergarden said:

Not free, but discounted to $15

I'm with you the 15 dollar name change is actually ideal and I've changed alts names so many times it makes more sense to buy a month of this and change it for 15 bucks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Malin Sabra said:

If they took the $249 yearly cost and divided by 12 they might get more people to jump on board in the beginning with the limited time monthly price.

That would actually be pretty cool. But unfortunately I think it would be easily exploited because of the name discounts.

249/12= 20.75

Name change with PP= 20.75+15=35.75

Subtract with stipend=35.75-11=24.75

Subtract with Signup bonus (Assuming it's different from regular premium, where you would require to buy 2 months to receive it)=24.75-12=12.75

That's already a good discount for a person who might not even be interested in PP and just wants to do a name change, even if we assume that PP also requires 2 months of membership to receive it.

Edited by IGarrett
More information
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, IGarrett said:

That would actually be pretty cool. But unfortunately I think it would be easily exploited because of the name discounts.

249/12= 20.75

Name change with PP= 20.75+15=35.75

Subtract with stipend=35.75-11=24.75

Subtract with Signup bonus (Assuming it's different from regular premium, where you would require to buy 2 months to receive it)=24.75-12=12.75

nope, requires 2 months

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My worry is that if I can choose which of 2 Experiences to return when I decide to return to Premium from PP.
One has already a lot of data in the database and another is what i want to use as my toy.
It's so problem if each Experience is associated with my P or PP and second Experience is important and first one was a toy.
I need to check about it before I decide to jump into PP.
Besides, maybe it's silly to worry about this, i want to know if I can get another individual database by PP. I hope 2 Experiences don't mean one room with 2 doors.

• Like 2

Didn't read thru. Has this been asked and answered? 

Because I am a old account, I already get 500L$ a week will this only go up to $650L$ or more? " The weekly stipend is more than doubled, from 300 to 650 Linden dollars." Would my stipend go from 500L$ to 1050L$ a week? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chris Corvinus said:

where does it say that? nowhere does it say that.

In the FAQ and the Blogpost, there's even detailed how to contact support about the name change x3 I guess they chucked that in in panic mode so that's the reason it's only listed there and the reason we have to contact Support for it x3

• Like 1

Just now, Bibbitt Borel said:

Didn't read thru. Has this been asked and answered? 

Because I am a old account, I already get 500L$ a week will this only go up to $650L$ or more? " The weekly stipend is more than doubled, from 300 to 650 Linden dollars." Would my stipend go from 500L$ to 1050L$ a week? 

quick answer is no, you just get the $650 like everyone else.  But if you switch back to the old premium you will go back to your grandfathered stipend. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

They need to get their crap together. Having people go to 30 different links for information is freaking stupid and insane. I have people saying, with proof, that Lindens are telling them they will be getting 2k bonuses, not 3k when upgrading from premium to plus. I just talked to a linden and she told me 3k. This whole thing is so stupidly confusing and didn't even have to be this confusing.

WoW expansion launches have gone smoother than this and thats SAD.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.