So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some of you know that Patch Linden announced the new Premium Plus benefits at the SL19B today; it will launch on SL's 19th Birthday, 23rd June

Some benefits include:

2,048sq m of tier

650L$ stipend and 3,000L$ one off sign up bonus

140 groups, up from 42/70

160 messages cap (I think)

No upload fees for textures

10L$ to create a group down from 100L$

Pricing will be $24.99 introductory price per month if you sign up within the first 30 days or $29.99 normal price monthly, or $249 yearly

Thoughts?

I think it's a good package but would like to see a quarterly option as I can't afford $249 in one go

The stipend is more than I expected and the group creation fee is nice, as is free uploads

Will you be signing up? Did you catch any benefits I missed?

Edited by Liaa Nova
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Dojiba Sabra said:

If it was $5 US more a month, I could afford that.  For me, I don't feel the benefits of Premium Plus are worth $249 a year. 

Same here, good in parts but most I'd never use and still no increased picks! I'd've liked to pay quarterly and have the money ready for them, but they aren't offering that option and I can't afford $249 + VAT if charged, neither do I want a new monthly payment

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I must really be misunderstanding something, because I don't see how $249/year for 2048 sq. m. would be better than having two Premium accounts at $99/year each for that same 2048 combined. I don't need any of the other stuff being offered. 

Totally agree! I'm disappointed...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

So on the back of a napkin, thinking of it on a pure annualized basis comparing 2 premium accounts vs. 1 premium plus assuming you pay annually to reduce cost to the max:

2 Premium                    1 Premium Plus

$199/year                      $249/year

7200 stipend                 7800 stipend  (assuming you are not grandfathered at a higher rate...I am not)

2048 tier                         2048 tier

For $50 more you get 600 more lindens (plus a signup of 3000), so 3600 lindens more which are worth about $13 if you buy them out right.

So for 50-13 or $37 USD you get more groups, and free texture uploads.  This assumes the base price of premium does not change.....a big  if IMHO.  I'll wait to see the official announcement.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

It's worse than I expected.

2.5 x annual premium price for 2 x premium free tier?  No thanks.

Everything else there is as underwhelming as I expected and nothing that can make up for the price/tier for me.

Does this mean some staff dealing with Premium phone support will be moved over to the Premium Plus specific phone support only?  Sounds like we just got a downgrade too unless they hired a bunch more people in support.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Was there any mention of being able to use the tier for more than one Bellisseria home?. Maybe two 1024m²s or four 512m²s?

It was - the answer was that you can only own 1 Linden Home on any premium account, regardless of premium tier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

2 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Was there any mention of being able to use the tier for more than one Bellisseria home?. Maybe two 1024m²s or four 512m²s?

It remains at 1 home per account, can't remember if he said it may or may not change in the future, but he did say there will be 2,048 homes in future x

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JoeBahama said:

So for 50-13 or $37 USD you get more groups, and free texture uploads.  This assumes the base price of premium does not change.....a big  if IMHO.  I'll wait to see the official announcement.

Yes there very much IS THAT - LOL.   

A Linden at one of the open meetings said this would be a discount so most of us were thinking LESS than $200 US a year.  Since the 2048 Belli "estates" didn't happen (so far anyway) I can't see why many people would go for it.  It doesn't seem like a plus for most folks.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Liaa Nova said:

It remains at 1 home per account, can't remember if he said it may or may not change in the future, but he did say there will be 2,048 homes in future x

2048m² homes could be interesting, but until then for me at least the premium package is not very enticing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another thing to consider, two accounts with premium have a total of 2048 sqm between them, which can be combined in a group to give you 2240 effective sqm, so you have more land availability by grouping two regular premiums.

(My math may be a tiny bit off, but you get the point)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The only people I see thinking this is a great deal are people who have no idea about group owned land and how that works.  Those are probably also the same people who would never consider owning mainland or even having a Lindens home.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

For anyone who's interested, here's my (unabridged) notes from the P+ announcement:

premium plus

features

land:
double mainland tier (1024 > 2048m)
    LH impact? Can only have 1 home, but 2048m parcel sizes are coming.
    prim count - no bonus prims, scales directly to land size. (at this time)
    LH - claim or request specific parcel (so long as parcel is available). takes approx 24hrs, weekdays only.
    increase limit of home attempts for GoH (per 24hr period. not available at launch).

LH - theme to come by end of year (2048 parcel size). (probably)

weekly stipend
300 > 650 L$ per week

group membership
    doubles (70 > 140) group max

message cap
    80 > 160 increase

texture, animation and sound fees eliminated

mesh upload discount / fee eliminated. (Not at launch, not for certain)

signup bonus 3000 L$

special support phone line.
    outside US - no non-US lines, uses US 800 number. Works on US operating hours.

group creation fee reduced from 100 to 10

2 land experiences

recurring event cost reduced 50 > 0

launching June 23rd

premium plus sandboxes

current premium is remaining unchanged.
current basic account is remaining unchanged.

no plans to add more mainland.

name change discounted / free ?? possibly, but no current plans ??

grandfathered premium stipend -- unknown status.

existing annual premium users will get a discount on a P+ upgrade.

cost

launch promo price $24.99 (first month only?)

regular $29.99

annual $249

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Just now, Trinity Heartsong said:

Or, as someone above mentioned, the premium rate itself increases. Maybe that's the detail Patch left out. 

That was touched on during the announcement, there's no plans to change the current premium plans.

I do agree with the sentiment here though, the price is too high relative to the benefits to me. The free asset uploads are nice, but I feel like they're damaging to most users (we already have issues with 1024 textures getting slapped onto things, this just allows those with P+ to use EVEN MORE textures on their stuff!), and we already have a beta grid ("free" asset uploads there, great for testing stuff in-world).

The land tier increase is good, but not enough to offset the price hike.

Stipend increase - same as above.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

For what's offered it's really disappointing the two things that would be of any interest to me aren't worth a $50 price hike over two separate premiums and a paltry L$50 a week extra stipend. As it stands I haven't dipped in to my current premium group bonus. I can't remember the last time my messages capped. I haven't needed to upload a texture in yonks and if I really needed a group that I couldn't use the one I inherited ownership of for I'd suck up the L$100 to create a new one. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.