Are we all being too nice ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:
  1. My response had nothing whatsoever to do with your post
  2. No, it is not how they work - at all

Threads are not isolated little islands and people do have post and general histories. You know all of this already - stop it.

A thread is a topic.  Why do I or anyone need to be dragged into someone's drama when we are there for a discussion?  And, it's a drama we know nothing about because we weren't in that other thread.   Drama llamas have a million and one excuses or what?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

A thread is a topic.  Why do I or anyone need to be dragged into someone's drama when we are there for a discussion?  And, it's a drama we know nothing about because we weren't in that other thread.   Drama llamas have a million and one excuses or what?

Ummm.  You do that all the time and why I give a lot of confused reactions.  Below is a post on THIS thread.   

3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

This is probably partly true.  EEP viewer is too difficult for my specs, although the older FS is finally working better for me.  The more I logged in with the older FS viewer the better it was but I'd like to use SL for NFT's.  I'm gradually moving towards getting involved with decentralized "things".  Aside from making more real life computer art, Livepeer for one.  I think Livepeer could be the next YouTube but it's also like a Skype or just for people to talk peer to peer with one another.  I think SL needs to get with decentralization.  Yes, that's another discussion, but I think a big paradigm shift for the internet is taking place. SL can benefit if it hooks in somehow.

16 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Congratulations, you believe that fora operate counter to the reality. 

It does not change how they actually operate. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Ummm.  You do that all the time and why I give a lot of confused reactions.  Below is a post on THIS thread.   

Several people replied to Coffee's post about how we are on the forum because we don't have a SL inworld much these days.  I don't think my replying to her post was dramatic nor hurtful nor disruptive when I quoted her post before my reply below.  I haven't had much of an inworld these days because of issues.  I'd still like to let the discussion here continue.  Off topic is to me another rolls off my back.  But, you can say I'm being against the TOS for being off topic, well it's also against the TOS to bring disputes to the forum and not to IM's.  

I think we all screw up at times with THE TOS.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MoiraKathleen said:

There are times I wish we could attach one of the emoji reactions to an entire thread - I'd give this thread the "confused" one.  I don't think I have found very many other threads to be as confusing to follow as this one. 

You would have had to have seen it to believe it.

Or something like that.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FairreLilette said:
21 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

There are no children here...age-wise.  

That's not the point at all and you know it.  I was thinking of autistic people that may come to the forums here

Wow - talk about dissing a specific set of people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/22/2021 at 9:42 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

As much as we might dislike drama, it's addictive and engaging as all hell. What would engineered friction in SL even look like? 

It would look like the "welcome areas" before they turned off voice. They were fractious but entertaining. I think they generated a lot of abuse reports.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If one can say that a post is right or wrong then someone can also say a reaction is right or wrong as it is in effect a pictorial of how one feels about another's viewpoint.

Not really, since the reasoning behind any specific reaction is not known by anyone except the one that gave the reaction.

If I give a confused reaction, it could mean a few different things in my mind.  That reaction, in and of itself though, is not the problem.  The problem seems to be coming about because of how some folks are interpreting the reactions in a way that implies some sort of negativity in their mind. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Maybe then one should consider whether it only appears deliberately misleading or biased information; manipulated narrative or facts; propaganda.” because it disagrees with one's narrative. 

What I see is that the sites I get information from tend to be ahead of their time but the information from them is eventually accepted as mainstream. Some sooner, some later.

The vast majority of things you've posted are still in the disinformation group.  I've yet to see any credible citations.  

I don't have a narrative.  I read the information sourced from credible sites and people.  I check more sites.  I read the entire article.  I check the people writing those articles.  If the preponderance of facts tells me something is so, then and only then do I form an opinion.  Yes, It's an opinion based in actual verifiable facts.

See the difference?  I even read the sites and watch the videos you post.  I check those facts and the people involved.  I don't pull my opinions out of thin air or only search out things that support 'my narrative' (your word for it, not mine).  I've researched claims you've made.  Most fall flat.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

If you are in my shade of the Asperger’s spectrum, reactions don’t really faze you… inappropriate or otherwise. 😄

4 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

@Madelaine McMasters Anything to add here Maddy before this one gets locked? 🔥🔥🔥🔥

You bet, Krystina.

...peers over her glasses at you.

...pulls your hair.

...looks longingly at you, then sheds a tear.

...hugs you.

...pinches your ass.

...blows you a kiss.

...sticks out her tongue at you.

...smacks you on the back of the head and runs.

...winks and grins at you.

I could go on, but I'll end with this...

...sets you on fire.

• Haha 3

Oh duck me...

When I said sometimes us autistic folk can get wires crossed and how it can make communication hard, I did not  want nor mean for it to be miscontruscted as an excuse to be abelist.  (and don't get me started on how  "functioning" labels are load of rubbish. We'll be here all day on that little train).  It just meant that sometimes miscommunication happens. Ya know like how it happens to any other person.

Also comparng adult autistic folk to children is scummy. even if  unintentional. 

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The vast majority of things you've posted are still in the disinformation group.  I've yet to see any credible citations.  

I don't have a narrative.  I read the information sourced from credible sites and people.  I check more sites.  I read the entire article.  I check the people writing those articles.  If the preponderance of facts tells me something is so, then and only then do I form an opinion.  Yes, It's an opinion based in actual verifiable facts.

See the difference?  I even read the sites and watch the videos you post.  I check those facts and the people involved.  I don't pull my opinions out of thin air or only search out things that support 'my narrative' (your word for it, not mine).  I've researched claims you've made.  Most fall flat.

Well you don't get to be the judge of what is a credible citation. The flip flopping fun fact checking sites you like to use for yours are to my mind more of a disinformation danger then anything I might have posted.

In any case, we can debate that on a different thread where it would be on topic rather than this one where it isn't.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not really, since the action reasoning behind any specific reaction is not known by anyone except the one that gave the reaction.

If I give a confused reaction, it could mean a few different things in my mind.  That reaction, in and of itself though, is not the problem.  The problem seems to be coming about because of how some folks are interpreting the reactions in a way that implies some sort of negativity in their mind. 

Well I'd say usually that's the case.

But if you've just had a big forum fight with someone and then suddenly, for some time afterward, they find all your subsequent posts simply effing HILARIOUS.....well...either you have quickly, unbeknownst to yourself, become the most marvelous comedienne ever to grace the forum or.....or....what?

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well you don't get to be the judge of what is a credible citation. The flip flopping fun fact checking sites you like to use for yours are to my mind more of a disinformation danger then anything I might have posted.

In any case, we can debate that on a different thread where it would be on topic rather than this one where it isn't.

Funny how your citations are the ones being debunked by not just me.  Or your own citations that actually contradict what you've said.

But yeah, off topic.

Have fun.

25 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well I'd say usually that's the case.

But if you've just had a big forum fight with someone and then suddenly, for some time afterward, they find all your subsequent posts simply effing HILARIOUS.....well...either you have quickly, unbeknownst to yourself, become the most marvelous comedienne ever to grace the forum or.....or....what?

OH OH OH let me answer that. A particular male forum member, who most likely will laugh at this post has decided that every one of my posts is frickin' hilarious :) Well there are two but one doesn't even post on the forum. Shrugs...I suspect it's more for the cliques benefit than mine. So yeah there is that.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You bet, Krystina.

...peers over her glasses at you.

...pulls your hair.

...looks longingly at you, then sheds a tear.

...hugs you.

...pinches your ass.

...blows you a kiss.

...sticks out her tongue at you.

...smacks you on the back of the head and runs.

...winks and grins at you.

I could go on, but I'll end with this...

...sets you on fire.

Dammit. I knew I should have been the one to page Maddie. Look at all the fun I could have had. 😭🤭

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Is there something on topic here the last 12 pages?

Sure!  We're in the "Let me give an example" phase of data collection.  So far, the answer to Coffee's original question seems to be ... "Nah."  

basketball scoreboard for a basketball themed bday party | Basketball  scoreboard, Basketball birthday parties, Basketball games for kids

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.