Are we all being too nice ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Ok well i get the sense you are still on about a post that i made in connection to someone who thought they had escaped Covid because of luck, whereas I pointed out it could have had to do with a medicine they may have been taking for their particular illness. It was not a recommendation as to what they should do but simply pointing out their not getting Covid might have been something else.

Not really singling you out Arielle.  I was just speaking about the whole issue of what some call those who are spreading lies on social media about COVID and the vaccine.  It was and it wasn't meant about your post.  The spike protein post of yours was a little upsetting but I truly believe the best thing overall no matter what side someone is on in a debate about COVID truths or lies or vaccine truth or lies or whatever (insert random health issue here) is to make health decisions based upon what someone says on any message board anywhere.  People need to speak to their own doctor period I've said.  This is dangerous altogether not too talk to one's own doctor I've said but I have to go and am leaving.  I am going to a newer kind of world.  I have to go and when someone says they are flouncing out, I think others should respect that and not quote them any longer.  Let them go.  Let me go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'd never heard the term 'pies thrown around'. 

It's understandable that not all may have heard the term of throwing pies.  I believe it originated with cartoons, The Three Stooges or slapstick - all of which I never liked as a kid but one of my sister's did so I saw some of it.  It's basically throwing pies in each other's faces. 

With this statement about throwing pies, just take it as my opinion plus I apologize for saying you were deaf because it's not only you that I feel I am not being heard by.  You have felt many times you were talking to a brick wall regarding me, I have felt the same way towards you and others.  Ironing all things out just may never happen but I am heading out to do new art.  Hoping you all have some good discussions in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbY8M9Jg2as

Edited by FairreLilette

Well, the Three Stooges get some credit for popularizing the pie fight, but the absolute best one was in the The Great Race.

One of the classic movies of the 20th Century.  I think Laurel and Hardy probably introduced the idea, of course

but the moral is always the same: No matter who starts a pie fight, nobody wins.

8 minutes ago, Storii Darkheart said:

The people who eat asparagus, in my experience, aren’t the types to engage in food fights 😂

I think you'd probably have to look very hard to find anyone who hasn't ever been a food fight.  And enjoyed it at the time.  As I said, nobody wins one, but aside from being messy and wasteful, food fights are mostly harmless, juvenile ways to blow off steam.  They remind us how silly and undignified most arguments can look from the outside too.

• Like 1

• Lindens

Hello everyone. Well, it appears that you've all been generating more than enough of the excitement OP seems to have been asking for. Far, far too much in fact. 

I can see that this Thread has been of-topic and absolutely chock-o-block full of name calling, interpersonal disputes, flaming and other varieties of nastiness, so it has been locked. Please be sure to review the Community Participation Guidelines.

I'm quite frankly a little aghast. Please remember to play nicely so we can have good, long, constructive Forum discussions in the future.

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.