Farewell... (soon)

Oz Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you for everything you've done, Oz. I first joined SL almost 14 years ago, and after taking almost a decade-long hiatus it was nice to see how my favorite virtual world had gotten better while I was gone. You will definitely be missed, and it will be nice to see your fingerprints all over the world for a long time to come. I hope you aren't leaving SL completely, and I know your friends inworld will always welcome you, whether you are officially a Linden or not. Enjoy the next part of your life, whatever it ends up being.

Awww now I am crying. Let's be honest we all have our faves among the Lindens and Oz always was mine, I have a second and third fave tho...I am also happy for you to be able to retire and I really hope that this part of your life is happy as possible and that you can go on all the adventures you always dreamed of.

You were always there for us residents and even in the forums you always showed that you care for us residents, and take what we say into consideration. I hope whoever will be wearing your boots (reading too much Pratchett and we'll your name is a clearly a wizard name) after you left is at least as half as committed and loveable.

You for sure left your mark on the grid 💕

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Oz Linden said:

half my interviews were in-world using an account I'd had for some years

I'm fairly certain that nobody, other than a select few, knows the resident name of that account. 
So, assuming you still have that account knocking around, I hope we can still keep your presence in our midst. Even if we don't know that Avatar Lastname is the person formerly known as Oz Linden, it would be great if we were to know that you are still spending time in-world, enjoying fishing, or building, or sailing or... or... being an exotic dancer if that happens to be your speed

Just don't COMPLETELY leave us, okay?

• Like 4

Wishing you the best in retirement Oz, after clearly always giving your best.  The fact you were basically put in charge of all things SL, while the lab sansarad around speaks for itself, and I will always be grateful you got SL through: stonger, better and cloudier!

Edited by Magnus Brody
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

PSssst... you know what else will retire? His bear. Don't miss that opportunity...

just saying.

❤️

His standard for giving the bear out was always "you have to teach me something".

I keep offering to teach him all about RLV, but he never takes me up on it.

• Haha 7

Happy trails, stay well, and I hope you enjoy your gift I'm sending you.  Hint:  It's the thought that counts.  The Dinkies and tinies made via the SL platform have been one of the best experiences of my life and I will always cherish those memories.  I feel like I'm saying goodbye to the Wizard.  Many happy days in your retirement.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.