Farewell... (soon)

Oz Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:32 PM, Tonya Souther said:

His standard for giving the bear out was always "you have to teach me something".

I keep offering to teach him all about RLV, but he never takes me up on it.

No, what it says on his profile is essentially,  "tell me something I don't know" -- at least that was how it was years ago when I came up with something for him and got the bear. Now, here is the exact wording, which pretty much anyone should be able to do, and he's likely going to be in a generous spirit about interpreting it these last few days!

Yes, I have a Linden Bear, but to get one you'll have to show me something cool in Second Life that I've never seen before (that's not as hard as you think).

Please don't send me notecards; to reach me on any non-help issue, send email to oz@lindenlab.com

On 2/17/2021 at 5:45 AM, Teomi said:

Очень грустно, когда уходит прекрасный человек и замечательный сотрудник, вторая жизнь, которую мы так любим. Спасибо за вашу потрясающую работу, чтобы насладиться второй жизнью нашего потрясающего виртуального мира! Мы надеемся, что вы оставили достойных преемников и нам не нужно беспокоиться о будущем виртуального мира Second Life и нас самих в нем. Желаю прекрасного отдыха на пенсии. мы всегда будем помнить вас добрым словом ♥

Translation: It's very sad when a wonderful person and a remarkable colleague leaves Second Life, which we so love. Thanks for your amazing work, so that we can enjoy Second Life, our amazing virtual world! We hope that you have left worthy heirs and that we don't have to worry about the future of the virtual world Second Life and ourselves within it. I wish you a wonderful rest on your pension; we will always remember you with a kind word. 

On 2/19/2021 at 12:19 PM, Jodi Nikolaidis said:

So ..  It takes Oz retiring to drag me out of Lurking on the forums for years and to finally make a post .

Farewell Oz, have a great time in your retirement. and don't forget the Memo to your successor;

"NO Mirrors in Second Life ! "

coz you know that at the very first TPV meeting after you leave , some joker will ask  your sucessor "  What about those Mirrors that Oz promised? " 

I never heard that story!

Wouldn't it be funny, if after Oz left, all the mirrors in SL suddenly started reflecting? Or maybe once a year, on February 26...

Or maybe just his reflection might appear for an instant in a mirror, and be gone...

I have one in my shop doing this already! Come pick it up for free.

Snapshot_774.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

No, what it says on his profile is essentially,  "tell me something I don't know" -- at least that was how it was years ago when I came up with something for him and got the bear. Now, here is the exact wording, which pretty much anyone should be able to do, and he's likely going to be in a generous spirit about interpreting it these last few days!

Yes, I have a Linden Bear, but to get one you'll have to show me something cool in Second Life that I've never seen before (that's not as hard as you think).

Please don't send me notecards; to reach me on any non-help issue, send email to oz@lindenlab.com

So has everyone been PMing Oz for the bear in world like crazy? I was thinking of sending one and wishing happy retirement! :D

A farewell is always sad, both for those who go and for those who stay ... @Oz Linden, you will be sorely missed. We will miss you so much ... I follow your path from afar, in videos and texts. You are great, your value is incalculable, eternal Linden! Thank you so much for believing in Second Life. Thank you so much for everything you've done for Second Life. Much success in your new projects and ventures. And who knows, see you soon ....

it was seriously emotional viewing your get away party on the Lab Gab. feeling the genuinely loving sentiments your leaving had on the few speakers brave enough to risk totally losing it (i'm glad i'm able to hide behind this keyboard) reflects well on your immense impact.

there are people who come into your life for who knows what purpose. as you get to know them you enjoy their unique and formidable character and go about your life relying on their gifts. and when the time comes and they are gone you suddenly feel the void in your life.

i don't mean to get all sappy. who knows, another brilliant representative may rise and breath fresh life into the old rickety ship we all sail in making our fantasies come real. you played your part well Sir, and won more than anyone could have imagined.

your real and virtual presense made a giant impact in many lives, Lindens and Residents alike. you will be profoundly missed.

God bless your journey onwards.

OMG, like retirement is not the end, it's just the beginning! It's more that a great person is leaving us after so long!

I do hope you enjoy your new endeavors and maybe stop by once and a while to say hi! Going forward, we should all

embrace the wonderful job he has done and look towards a new chapter in Second Life! It's been a pleasure learning 

from all your experiences and now, do take a nice long trip somewhere you have never been and soak up the rays!

Have a safe and healthy Voyage My Friend, It's been A Pleasure to have had you here with us for so long! 

Best Regards,

DJTonyB.Enyo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.