Jump to content

what's the matter????


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well while we're at it I can't stand Mitch McConnell who just got re-elected.  He's the one blocking so many decent bills the Congress comes up with. He's cute though:

 

It makes one wonder about how legitimate McTurtle's win really is, especially when he had blocked at least two election security bills.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

It makes one wonder about how legitimate McTurtle's win really is, especially when he had blocked at least two election security bills.

Having lived near or in KY for a while, I can assure you that his win is real. These are people who routinely vote to cut off their own noses to spite someone else's face.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Context and timing perhaps? This might be a containment thread for blowing off steam? 

I have no problem with that being the case. Or the existence of this thread. Or the side tracks. Any of it. My peeve observation is at how capriciously one thread runs while another gets shut down. It basically comes down to the inmates running the asylum and if one or two cranks complain. If cranky pants like the OP then the thread remains. If the cranks dislike a topic and/or poster, the thread gets removed. There is no consistency, at all, in the "workings" in the Forum, except the consistency of the complainers running the show.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

...on a side note, the Trump HQ Election Party in Second Life was boring. I wasn't able to mess around with the Trumpers there due to the final projections still having yet to come.

I'll probably go back there when all is said and done. Hopefully I'll have an audience for my antics....

In 2008. in the run-up to the US election, a friend (now sadly gone) and I went to the Republican party's HQ in SL. It was deserted, so we just danced on tables there for an hour or so.

Are Republicans known as fun party people?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

In 2008. in the run-up to the US election, a friend (now sadly gone) and I went to the Republican party's HQ in SL. It was deserted, so we just danced on tables there for an hour or so.

Are Republicans known as fun party people?

The ones at that party weren't...I could have livened it up, but I needed some material in order to have fun with them. Y'know...like a "wound" and some "salt" to rub on it.

I'm just a wannabe jerk I guess.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

In 2008. in the run-up to the US election, a friend (now sadly gone) and I went to the Republican party's HQ in SL. It was deserted, so we just danced on tables there for an hour or so.

Are Republicans known as fun party people?

If you're looking for the really good fun  parties, aim more between both rep and dem parties.. those are where the best fun parties are..

Because most tend to leave thier politics at the door when entering, because.. It's party time.

Hehehe

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

first of all I apology if I started this post. 
my question was genuine, maybe ingenue, because I really didn't understand the difference between the two information reported.
I did not understand all the puns and are too much but I take note.

sorry again, I will pay much more attention before starting any other post.

now is the time to locked  as @Paul Hexem ask 😎

I wish everyone a good day 😊

 

____________________

an interesting reply @Atosuria Daviau

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

first of all I apology if I started this post. 
my question was genuine, maybe ingenue, because I really didn't understand the difference between the two information reported.
I did not understand all the puns and are too much but I take note.

sorry again, I will pay much more attention before starting any other post.

now is the time to locked  as @Paul Hexem ask 😎

I wish everyone a good day 😊

 

____________________

an interesting reply @Atosuria Daviau

 

Don't be sorry. if you don't understand something you should ask. That's how humans learn. Children's and adult as well. 

And this is a public forum you are allowed to do as you like (or ask what you like) until you don't brae to forum rules. 

 

And it's better to have a topic for that than spilling all over the forum. 

 

3g89gq.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perhaps also a good time to bring this, the censored version of the Song of the Count, to the attention of anyone who isn't fortunate enough to have discovered it. Absolute genius in its simplicity...

 

Edited by Amina Sopwith
typoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Perhaps also a good time to bring this, the censored version of the Song of the Count, to the attention of anyone who isn't fortunate enough to have discovered it. Absolute genius in its simplicity...

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

first of all I apology if I started this post. 
my question was genuine, maybe ingenue, because I really didn't understand the difference between the two information reported.
I did not understand all the puns and are too much but I take note.

sorry again, I will pay much more attention before starting any other post.

now is the time to locked  as @Paul Hexem ask 😎

I wish everyone a good day 😊

 

____________________

an interesting reply @Atosuria Daviau

 

I guess my issue was that you didnt really ask a question. You have to realize that those of us in the uS are burnt out mentally over all this crap. Trying to figure out what you meant from two images that were full of info was a bit taxing at the moment. 

Simple answer to your "question." Two different sources of polling info. At the time you posted the italian one was wrong as well. Trump does not have 217, he has 214, Biden has 264. I have no idea where they got the 217 number...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I guess my issue was that you didnt really ask a question. You have to realize that those of us in the uS are burnt out mentally over all this crap. Trying to figure out what you meant from two images that were full of info was a bit taxing at the moment. 

Simple answer to your "question." Two different sources of polling info. At the time you posted the italian one was wrong as well. Trump does not have 217, he has 214, Biden has 264. I have no idea where they got the 217 number...

Let alone it'll probably be two weeks before we even know what's going on. Then one or the other will contest it like they both said. so there is that added to it..

The way 2020 has been, it's like we've been spinning our wheels at just about every turn of every event..

I'm about ready to just close the gate at the end of the road and cut the world off.. hehehe

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Let alone it'll probably be two weeks before we even know what's going on. Then one or the other will contest it like they both said. so there is that added to it..

The way 2020 has been, it's like we've been spinning our wheels at just about every turn of every event..

I'm about ready to just close the gate at the end of the road and cut the world off.. hehehe

 

1atqio.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

I really don't understand...

I was reading the news... I take the screenshot in real time.

maybe in Italy we know something that in America they still don't know ???

The United States presidency is determined by an electoral vote. Each state has a certain number of electoral votes based on the number of representatives in congress (based on population). As people vote in each state, the candidate who gets the majority vote, receives ALL of the electoral votes for that state. If enough states have not awarded their electoral votes, and no candidate has over half the electoral votes, the election result is still unknown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

I really don't understand...

 

I was reading the news... I take the screenshot in real time.

maybe in Italy we know something that in America they still don't know ???

 

 

usa.jpg

italy.jpg

 

My guess is that the second news source was "calling" one or more stats sooner than others -- i.e. saying that state X was final "for Biden" -- and the other news source was not calling the state(s) results yet.

Or a state or states had just finalized and one source picked it up faster than the other source.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...