what's the matter????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

47 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Just a helpful hint... Its Wikkid. 

I can do corn chowdah, if thats bettah. Or cawd..

Mayo natch... Split top toasted hot dog bun.. 

New England Lobster Rolls Recipe - Chowhound

Thank you for the grammar? spelling? pronunciation? correction. Wikkid. Got it.

LOVE most chowdahs, so corn works. Cawd? Oh gawd, I've never had that. It sounds delish!

These top split hotdog buns were an eye-opener when I moved here. They are so weird, but so totally RIGHT!

But :::buzzer noise::: MELTED BUTTER!

flounce2.gif

ETA image.png.c015855721b1d0edfec552cd3f4e9d5c.png

Edited by Seicher Rae

18 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

While watchin the Sawks ?

My Owner says "We hate the Sawks." So I can't do that. He's from the West Coast. We also apparently hate the Dodgers and were most sad with the recent WS outcome. I mentioned something about the Sawks once, and once was all it took. I couldn't sit for a week...

ETA: I don't do teh sports, although I like curling, but that's been killed due to the plague.

Edited by Seicher Rae

Oh gawd, my sister's cat, yes sister's cat would always lick the butter.  Well, me and my Mom would just scrape it off.  This cat also ate peas.  Very odd cat.  My other sister's cat liked olives.  The oddest my cats liked is opossum. 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

Counting votes, legitimately cast, is not "interference." It is not "finding" ballots, any more than you "find" 7 when you count from 1 to 10.

Yeesh.

And there was election interference by Russia (documented) in 2016. Kinda different from 1, 2, 3, 4....  Your "cute" little jpg is therefore so, so wrong in so many ways. Factually wrong. Pesky facts, amirite?

Horrible fact: The states Herr Cheeto wants to have the courts rule to stop the counting are the RED states who refused to change their stupid rules because they thought it would benefit said Cheeto. 

Whatever, keep drinking the red Kool Aid.

Edited by Seicher Rae
stupid typo

As Bob Dylan says "money don't talk, it swears".  Yeah sure, it swears to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but.  People can't be that naive?  Can they?   That perhaps "the office" can be bought.  I am naive but not that naive. 

Edited by FairreLilette

36 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

862wgemkchx51.jpg

Totally different things.. Interference from a foreign government and rigged as in Americans cheating at the polls.  Russia admitted to interfering and intended to try this time as well.  Rigged would mean faking ballots, double counting ballots, etc.  This is why it's taking so long.  To ensure it's done correctly.

• Thanks 1

All of the election screaming about results is not total conspiracy theory by fanatics.  I just found this while combing through the millions of articles from both sides.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/antrim-county-in-michigan-to-manually-recount-ballots-after-election-software-error

image.png.b1f42a0287cdb315137c6f8b3132996a.png

Unfortunately, all it takes is a single problem with software to get folks going.  And if it was due to a software glitch, any other location using the same software becomes suspect.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

eyeroll2.gif

ETA:

Dare I say it? Don't forget the possibility of Martians! Prove it isn't! I read a tweet from the POTUS so it must be true.

The electorals are under no obligation to vote the way they were elected too and it's not illegal either nor can an electoral be held accountable for voting the other way than what they were elected to do. 

But, hey, bribery in politics never existed.  Nah, probably nawt. 

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

The electorals are under no obligation to vote the way they were elected too and it's not illegal either nor can an electoral be held accountable for voting the other way than what they were elected to do. 

But, hey, bribery in politics never existed.  Nah, probably nawt. 

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-07-06/supreme-court-electoral-college-states-voters

“Electors are not free agents,” Justice Elena Kagan said for the court in Chiafalo vs. Washington. “They are to vote for the candidate whom the state’s voters have chosen.” Article II of the Constitution and the 12th Amendment “give states broad power over electors, and give electors themselves no rights,” she said.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

All of the election screaming about results is not total conspiracy theory by fanatics.  I just found this while combing through the millions of articles from both sides.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/antrim-county-in-michigan-to-manually-recount-ballots-after-election-software-error

image.png.b1f42a0287cdb315137c6f8b3132996a.png

Unfortunately, all it takes is a single problem with software to get folks going.  And if it was due to a software glitch, any other location using the same software becomes suspect.

Yup, and a glitch isn't a conspiracy.

Several places also reported problems due to hand sanitizer smearing ink and/or jamming up the automated readers.

Mistakes, sure. That's bound to happen, but usually to a small degree.

The vote stealing and now bribery????? is just ridiculous.

(Is "ridiculous" a nicer word than stupid?)

9 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yup, and a glitch isn't a conspiracy.

Several places also reported problems due to hand sanitizer smearing ink and/or jamming up the automated readers.

Mistakes, sure. That's bound to happen, but usually to a small degree.

The vote stealing and now bribery????? is just ridiculous.

(Is "ridiculous" a nicer word than stupid?)

Who doesn't remember the hanging/dimpled chad debacle of 2000?  *****z happens.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-07-06/supreme-court-electoral-college-states-voters

“Electors are not free agents,” Justice Elena Kagan said for the court in Chiafalo vs. Washington. “They are to vote for the candidate whom the state’s voters have chosen.” Article II of the Constitution and the 12th Amendment “give states broad power over electors, and give electors themselves no rights,” she said.

This is new as of 2020, the case above.  It appears that there has been some changes since Trump was elected that I've never heard of. 

Chiafalo v. Washington, 591 U.S. ___ (2020), was a United States Supreme Court case on the issue of "faithless electors" in the Electoral College stemming from the 2016 United States presidential election where the Court ruled unanimously that states have the ability to enforce an elector's pledge in presidential elections. Chiafalo deals with electors who received US$1,000 fines for not voting for the nominees of their party in the state of Washington. The case was originally consolidated with Colorado Department of State v. Baca, 591 U.S. ___ (2020), a similar case based on a challenge to a Colorado law providing for the removal and replacement of an elector who does not vote for the presidential candidate who received the most votes in the state, with the electors claiming they have discretion to vote as they choose under the Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution.[1][2] However, on March 10, 2020, Justice Sonia Sotomayor recused herself in the Colorado case due to a prior relationship to a respondent, and the cases were decided separately on July 6, 2020. Baca was a per curiam decision that followed from the unanimous ruling in Chiafalo in favor of the state.

Edited by FairreLilette

45 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

a fyi on this. The ruling was that States have the right to direct Electors

the thing is that not all States do direct them. I think is only about 30 something States that do. The other states trust that the electors will respect the votes of the people

Edited by Mollymews
fiy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.