what's the matter????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

53 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

1atqio.jpg

When you make your way through town you'll see this sign on the main road that say's SONIC.. Pull in there and grab some Cheesecake shakes on your way.. They got Chocolate, Cherry and Strawberry.. I'll take a Strawberry..

I'll saddle the horses and we'll have shakes while we ride..

hehehe

Now a quick message for 2020.

2020 I've had about enough of you.. It's go time!!\o/

come-at-me-bro.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

first of all I apology if I started this post. 
my question was genuine, maybe ingenue, because I really didn't understand the difference between the two information reported.
I did not understand all the puns and are too much but I take note.

sorry again, I will pay much more attention before starting any other post.

Oh don't worry monoji, it doesn't take much to evoke us forum crazies!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

first of all I apology if I started this post. 
my question was genuine, maybe ingenue, because I really didn't understand the difference between the two information reported.
I did not understand all the puns and are too much but I take note.

sorry again, I will pay much more attention before starting any other post.

now is the time to locked  as @Paul Hexem ask 😎

I wish everyone a good day 😊

an interesting reply @Atosuria Daviau

You have nothing to apologize for.. It's your forum just as much as it is anyone else's..

My in before the lock picture was just for giggles.. I made that years ago just for fun.. Sometimes these can be the best threads, even though sometimes they may feel like they get out of hand, but for the most part, they are usually pretty good threads..

Someone was bound to make a thread about the election sooner or later if you didn't..  You can bank on that..hehehehe

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

The United States presidency is determined by an electoral vote. Each state has a certain number of electoral votes based on the number of representatives in congress (based on population). As people vote in each state, the candidate who gets the majority vote, receives ALL of the electoral votes for that state. If enough states have not awarded their electoral votes, and no candidate has over half the electoral votes, the election result is still unknown.

thanks.. I know how it works 🙂
has someone says that I have to properly submit this  kind of question:
How could be possible that italian newspaper reported different number when in USA of course they know better the number?
... that's all

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

thanks.. I know how it works 🙂
has someone says that I have to properly submit this  kind of question:
How could be possible that italian newspaper reported different number when in USA of course they know better the number?
... that's all

Yeah. Different networks have different standards that determine when a state is called for one or the other candidate.

So, for instance, CNN called Wisconsin for Biden yesterday -- the BBC called it for Biden about an hour ago. The BBC was just being more cautious and wanted to see more of the ballots actually counted and results registered. So, the difference depends upon the guidelines and standards for announcing a victory for a particular news agency, or (as is probably the case with an Italian newspaper) who they are getting their numbers from.

It's all unofficial anyway. How CNN, Fox News, CBS, the Washington Post, etc. determine the winners represents only their read of it. None of this becomes official until each state certifies its final vote numbers, which then determines how the electoral college seats will be divvied up. And the FINAL FINAL results won't be official until the electoral college actually meets and votes -- in December, I think.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah. Different networks have different standards that determine when a state is called for one or the other candidate.

So, for instance, CNN called Wisconsin for Biden yesterday -- the BBC called it for Biden about an hour ago. The BBC was just being more cautious and wanted to see more of the ballots actually counted and results registered. So, the difference depends upon the guidelines and standards for announcing a victory for a particular news agency, or (as is probably the case with an Italian newspaper) who they are getting their numbers from.

It's all unofficial anyway. How CNN, Fox News, CBS, the Washington Post, etc. determine the winners represents only their read of it. None of this becomes official until each state certifies its final vote numbers, which then determines how the electoral college seats will be divvied up. And the FINAL FINAL results won't be official until the electoral college actually meets and votes -- in December, I think.

That's if it doesn't get dragged out even longer.. Which from the sounds of it, it may..

There are accounts of some places not letting one of the parties attorneys in to witness the counting of  votes..

I have a feeling this is gonna be way longer than the 2000 election lay over..hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You have nothing to apologize for.. It's your forum just as much as it is anyone else's..

My in before the lock picture was just for giggles.. I made that years ago just for fun.. Sometimes these can be the best threads, even though sometimes they may feel like they get out of hand, but for the most part, they are usually pretty good threads..

Someone was bound to make a thread about the election sooner or later if you didn't..  You can bank on that..hehehehe

Right.  Not to mention I'll never forget seeing Mitch McConnell as a Neko.  hehehe 

@Scylla Rhiadra  here's a bit of info:

Electoral College electors in each state don’t vote until Dec. 14. The electors’ votes typically align with the popular vote in each state. But not all states require the votes cast by electors to mirror the popular vote. Certificates recording the electoral vote results in each state must be received by the president of the Senate and the archivist no later than Dec. 23.

The official results of the electoral votes are sent to the new elected Congress, which is set to meet in a joint session on Jan. 6, 2021.

https://apnews.com/article/when-do-electoral-votes-need-to-be-in-970e6b8c8474c77ac6ab4fb0d56caa5b

p.s.  Last I read, it may be called "a tie".  I think it might be a while yet before we know. 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

Right.  Not to mention I'll never forget seeing Mitch McConnell as a Neko.  hehehe 

@Scylla Rhiadra  here's a bit of info:

Electoral College electors in each state don’t vote until Dec. 14. The electors’ votes typically align with the popular vote in each state. But not all states require the votes cast by electors to mirror the popular vote. Certificates recording the electoral vote results in each state must be received by the president of the Senate and the archivist no later than Dec. 23.

The official results of the electoral votes are sent to the new elected Congress, which is set to meet in a joint session on Jan. 6, 2021.

https://apnews.com/article/when-do-electoral-votes-need-to-be-in-970e6b8c8474c77ac6ab4fb0d56caa5b

Guess who becomes president if it goes passed the deadline?

• Haha 1

FWIW: Speaking of the AP (as I did, with the above link), it looks like they just called AZ for Biden, making the count (hah, hah, hah channeling the Sesame St. character y'all are brandishing) 264 to 214.

ETA: And :::facepalm:  While the AP just called AZ for Biden, WaPo is still saying "too close" and Biden's lead is narrowing. This @2:46 pm.

And is it physically possible to just saw off Florida and have it float away, out of "our" jurisdiction? Asking for a friend.

Same friend wants to know if, please god, we can move to a simple majority vote and ditch the EC, finally, like a reasonable, non-archaic country?  Up here in New England, I did my bit. Did it matter? Or is it just the ginormous key states?

Edited by Seicher Rae

33 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

FWIW: Speaking of the AP (as I did, with the above link), it looks like they just called AZ for Biden, making the count (hah, hah, hah channeling the Sesame St. character y'all are brandishing) 264 to 214.

And is it physically possible to just saw off Florida and have it float away, out of "our" jurisdiction? Asking for a friend.

Same friend wants to know if, please god, we can move to a simple majority vote and ditch the EC, finally, like a reasonable, non-archaic country?  Up here in New England, I did my bit. Did it matter? Or is it just the ginormous key states?

Hold up... 

/me squints closely. 

New England you say? That fahkin awesome, bud!!! I knew there were more of us here!! Anytime you wanna come ovah for a lobstah roll and some clam chowdah just let me know.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Hold up... 

/me squints closely. 

New England you say? That fahkin awesome, bud!!! I knew there were more of us here!! Anytime you wanna come ovah for a lobstah roll and some clam chowdah just let me know.

Not a native. Have only been here a few years. So I can only speak in the venacular: Shuwah (sure) & wicked.

Can't do clam chowdah... allergic. :(

Important question: Lobster roll with melted butter or mayo? What kind of roll?

21 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Not a native. Have only been here a few years. So I can only speak in the venacular: Shuwah (sure) & wicked.

Can't do clam chowdah... allergic. :(

Important question: Lobster roll with melted butter or mayo? What kind of roll?

Just a helpful hint... Its Wikkid. 

I can do corn chowdah, if thats bettah. Or cawd..

Mayo natch... Split top toasted hot dog bun.. 

New England Lobster Rolls Recipe - Chowhound

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.