what's the matter????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

42 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

It's a big election and extremely important.  Both Trump and Biden have plans to revive the middle class, but Biden is proposing tax cuts for businesses that bring their business back home to America.

We need Biden.  We need Biden. 

Actually, what the President wants is often irrelevant, because only Congress can pass laws.  The President can play with Executive Orders and veto things, but the real power is with Congress.

Thus, it is my hope that the Republicans stay in control of the Senate, because the Democrats will stay in control of the House -- and I firmly believe we get the best laws when the 2 parts of Congress are controlled by opposite parties.  It forces them to work together and create more bi-partisan legislature.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Oh, a political thread. This will be fun.

For a rare moment I agree with you.

This thread is a VERY BAD IDEA...

Things are likely to get toxic around here for a few weeks no matter which way this goes... and at level of toxic it will be super hard to have good discussion.

Even someone like me who, as a political scientist, lives and breaths this stuff all day long and is pretty much the only topic I enjoy... can see right now is just not the time to engage...

I will probably fail to avoid engaging... but... yeah...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

Has Trump fled the country yet?

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, what the President wants is often irrelevant, because only Congress can pass laws.  The President can play with Executive Orders and veto things, but the real power is with Congress.

Actually, I said proposed not enacted nor "wants".  A presidential administration can still make proposals and formulate a plan.  Biden is proposing a plan that is one step ahead of Trump's at this juncture - bring jobs home to America. 

Edited by FairreLilette

14 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

This thread is a VERY BAD IDEA...

Nonsense.

This thread will enable people to blow off some steam regardless. If the thread dies , it dies. If it's pulled it's pulled.

It's just another goddamn thread.

( I mean I do respect other threads , but if this turns out to be only politcal banter gone bad , so be it .. it's in our own control )

Edited by TDD123
hyphenation

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:
11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, I said proposed not enacted.  A presidental administration can still make proposals and formulate a plan.  Biden is proposing a plan that is one step ahead of Trump's at this juncture - bring jobs home to America. 

Yes, and my wording was specific to what a President "wants" (or "proposes").  I did not say or imply that you said anything about "enacted".

What the President proposes (or wants) is still pretty much irrelevant unless he can get Congress to go along. 

That is part of why I find it somewhat comical that so many people get all excited about Presidential campaign promises.  

• Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, and my wording was specific to what a President "wants" (or "proposes").  I did not say or imply that you said anything about "enacted".

What the President proposes (or wants) is still pretty much irrelevant unless he can get Congress to go along. 

That is part of why I find it somewhat comical that so many people get all excited about Presidential campaign promises.  

Yes, I agree about promises promises...it's all a wait n see really, as well as coronavirus "hurdles" to overcome for the next few years. 

looks like Michigan is going with Biden. If so and Nevada also goes his way then Mr Biden has enough provisionally to be the next US President. No matter the outcomes in Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Georgia

altho I think Mr Biden would be pretty happy to win at least one of these last three states as well. North Carolina the least likely of them I think

• Like 1

Another thread, a while ago, was closed because for a little while some people had a side topic about huds for multicolor textures. It had gone too far! Even though still, at page 6 or 8 (the length of the thread), people were still very much commenting on topic. THIS thread, now at 4 pages, is still going even though it went sideways soon after the original post.

Ain't consistency grand? That's my mostest favoritest thing about these Forums here. Beautiful consistency, artfully wielded.

On topic: Because of COVID, "everyone" (who bothered to educate themselves) in the USA knew that the results could take many, many days to determine. All of those mail-in ballots and various (mostly Red) states that have wonky rules about when they could start counting them. Of course not everyone bothers with facts, and my newest favorites follow The Grand Poobah in decrying "voting after the 3rd". Oh wait. No one VOTED after the 3rd. The ballots, which must be post marked by the third, are merely being counted.

Pesky details.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

THIS thread, now at 4 pages, is still going even though it went sideways soon after the original post.

Context and timing perhaps? This might be a containment thread for blowing off steam? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Elisaisabel Munro said:

If you are Italian why would you care?

Because countries are not isolated and trapped between their own borders anymore and what happens in one may have implications and affect other countries. 

After all, we are talking about the country that is s'posed to be the superpower, the bastion of freedom and equality, the shining example of democracy...right?

Now back to what is really important...

what-if-cat-meme.jpg

Edited by Jordan Whitt
I got affect and effect mixed up!
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TDD123 said:
2 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Hopefully the Democrats will stop finding fake votes and things will settle down so we can get 4 more years of stability and prosperity.

@Luna Bliss: Here's your target !! xD

Ding ! Ding !

PAUL HEXEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

no kitty.jpg

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.