what's the matter????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1243 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:
19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

At least we get plural "news" this time!

I'll have to remember to keep it simple next time..

Yes, because kitties don't have the ability to do much critical thinking, you see. Although I do think one of my kitties has a master plan to get as much attention from me as possible.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I hear, that they can lick the flesh off a bone!  Big cats like us Lions, at least..

Even the little ones can as well.  My poor old puss recently had surgery to remove a cyst and so had a great big wound stitched together along her side.  In the few minutes I was cleaning her Elizabethan collar, she managed to lick her wound so badly that she had literally scraped off a load of the flesh along the wound by licking it so vigorously.  Luckily she has healed since and nothing bad happened but it looked so bad when she had done it.

• Like 1

That seems to show Republican politicians' rhetoric around "LGBT Equality" has stayed about the same for a couple decades, but I think we know that the sentiment of Republican voters has shifted at least as much as that of Democratic voters on that subject. (Not that Republicans have come anywhere near catching up with Democrats on LGBT issues, but they had a very long way to shift from 2000 to 2018.) This suggests to me that there's an opportunity for Dems to whittle away at support for GOP politicians who haven't kept up with their voters. It's not, like, a vote-deciding issue for most of them, but it could be useful to identify issues on which "mainstream" centrist Republicans can part ways with the fascist "populist" far-right.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

That seems to show Republican politicians' rhetoric around "LGBT Equality" has stayed about the same for a couple decades, but I think we know that the sentiment of Republican voters has shifted at least as much as that of Democratic voters on that subject. (Not that Republicans have come anywhere near catching up with Democrats on LGBT issues, but they had a very long way to shift from 2000 to 2018.) This suggests to me that there's an opportunity for Dems to whittle away at support for GOP politicians who haven't kept up with their voters. It's not, like, a vote-deciding issue for most of them, but it could be useful to identify issues on which "mainstream" centrist Republicans can part ways with the fascist "populist" far-right.

Could be an 'in' for them, yes.

You've heard of the Log Cabin Republicans who are gay no doubt?  I do wonder if (due to the crazy slant toward authoritarianism their party has taken) they fled their cabins..lol   Will have to research.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1243 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.