What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I've told this story before... I was once in a Gor sim (it would have to be, for this level of dimwittery), in a tavern or whatever baby talk word they have for it. Most unusually, there was only one slave staffing the place and several free people. Given how much the average Gorean slave seems to love pulling pints, I thought she'd be in her element but unfortunately she was so obsessed with para RPing about her hair shining and her silks flapping about that she wasn't paying attention to the drinks order and kept muffing it up. One Gorean Master in particular got very annoyed and they started having an extensive barney in double brackets, and he was that much of a pillock (Gorean, after all) that he was still capitalising his pronouns throughout it. I wish I'd logged it, it was sublime.

That's basically why I stopped roleplaying in general. Only see those kinda roleplayers around, selfimportant, unwilling to pay attention to other characters, endless boredom while waiting for them to send their 3 page essays on how pwetty/badazz they are. Which are huge pet peeves of mine. 

In wow, someone once had a very long description of their character that was from the perspective of a "secret admirerer", aka stalker, who sounded like he's jacking himself off to said character by constantly harping on how pretty and awesome and sexy she was, and that only an idiot would not be totally into her. That was pure third person self-glorification.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Big pet peeve of mine, house builders in SL who still build for giant avis. Like you don't need a 10 foot tall door way, or the house to be 2 or 3 times bigger than the average avatar today. Like seriously, there are 2 house companies that do this and it drives me up the wall. Then you go, no wonder why the Land Impact is so huge, they make homes for avatars from like 2007 to 2014.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

Oh! Another huge pet peeve of mine is a certain building creator who always has 1-2 reviews within minutes of putting up a new product. It's so laughably easy to tell they're faking 5 star reviews.

How did you know when something was added?  It would be great if there's a clean-cut visible time stamp of each product added to MP.  It makes it easier to figure out if the mesh I'm considering is rigged or not, or if an animation is bento based on the Linden timeline. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

How did you know when something was added?  It would be great if there's a clean-cut visible time stamp of each product added to MP.  It makes it easier to figure out if the mesh I'm considering is rigged or not, or if an animation is bento based on the Linden timeline. 

The only way to know, is if you sort by newest first. Other than that, they don't post official date when it was added to MP on MP.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

Big pet peeve of mine, house builders in SL who still build for giant avis. Like you don't need a 10 foot tall door way, or the house to be 2 or 3 times bigger than the average avatar today. Like seriously, there are 2 house companies that do this and it drives me up the wall. Then you go, no wonder why the Land Impact is so huge, they make homes for avatars from like 2007 to 2014.

I have the opposite problem.  Many modern furniture I've looked at are too small for me.  My feet and calves go through the floor or the sides of the pool despite using the position adjust.  I would like to know the names of those stores you've been seeing.  I need to seek them out.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

I am a house-aholic and always have the Buildings and other structures mp site open, sorted by newest and I check it several times daily. I have been watching this creator for quite a while. A house is uploaded and within an hour max it has 1-2 reviews. It's always 1-2 reviews.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Or worse a FB group.  Freakbook I wouldn't touch with a 20 metre pole!

I don't have a problem with Facebook.

12 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

My pet peeve of the day; having a question about a product prior to purchase and being forced to join a discord group as that's their only way to get support. No, I don't think so.

Oh and whoever is doing that, sounds like they are lazy on the customer service end. If they can help you in Discord, they certainly can help you in second life.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

My pet peeve of the day; having a question about a product prior to purchase and being forced to join a discord group as that's their only way to get support. No, I don't think so.

Hmm.. sounds like a certain person I know.. the creator of the peanut collars..

• Like 1

Picture viewing pet peeve: dull, expressionless faces and 0815-starring into nowhere-eyes.

The huge majority of mesh heads come with animations and with eye control. OK, you might not bother to set it up for a quick snapshot, alright... but if you stage a shot, yet leave your mimics absolutely blank and on default, it ruins the whole pic for my liking.

Like, "here, lookie, lookie, our super romantic special time, just the two of us, love forever, kthx!!1111!"... his eyes pointed left, hers to the right. Both mimics looking as entertained and as romantically involved as if they'd be doing the dishes. No lips were ever parted, no mouth wrinkles moved. No cheeky peek darting from those eyes, no glances ever crossed.

• Haha 1

Guy who finds a pile of laptops that were taken out of service three years ago because they were no longer fit for purpose and no one got around to throwing them away, then decides to be the Covid-19 hero by handing them out as they are to random people for remote work without bothering to ask anyone in IT if it's a good idea.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Current pet peeve is the darn LL system that just doesn't always deliver all group notices.  I have a couple of groups that I never get the notices from.  I use Firestorm and I have even tried unchecking 'Receive group notices' and then 'Save' and then re-checking 'Receive group notices' and 'Save'.  No matter how many times I do that, I just flat do not ever get the notices for a couple of my groups.  Drives me nuts because I have to constantly remember to go check them.

• Like 2

Why?   Just why !?!?!?!?!

image.png.d3dbe202a03d6b5a6ff82e777f79312d.png

Even if you aren't doing your own LOD models and letting it default, the upload does not ever default the Medium to less than the Low & Lowest.  So somebody specifically did that. 

Likely, just to knock their upload cost from maybe L$11 to L$10.

*sigh*

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

3 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Ok, I have one. When a thread gets deleted - not locked, but deleted - and you had some really highly rated comments in it. 

Let's see if we can't try to make up what you lost . . .

/me carefully clicks "Like"

C'mon people! Help out here!

• Haha 3

On 8/9/2020 at 9:16 PM, halebore Aeon said:

I have the same problem! I really love some house companies, but even if the houses were half the size, they would be pretty big for me.

Then again, I am pretty short too.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.