What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

40 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I am gonna be blunt but polite here. We are not calling you an idiot, we are just saying that this day and age. That perma on the internet means jack squat. Also it doesn't take someone who has been in SL for a long time, to know a lot about SL. I knew a fair bit by 9 months. Lol

PLEASE, stop assuming I don't understand. I understand exactly what was said.

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

JFC people I'm not an idiot and I have been in SL long enough to know more than most people in SL know about SL. Please, stop assuming I don't know.

It doesn't matter if people can create new accounts and get right back in. The point is they are not allowed to do that and when LL sees someone doing that, the new accounts are banned as well. Only a fool would keep creating new accounts after being banned.

Actually there is someone in sl that does it.. he creates new accounts every  2-3 days.. and rejoins groups and spams them again and again.  He had been doing this since around  2010 and ll can't stop him.

So it does happen.. not everyone just gives up.

3 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Actually there is someone in sl that does it.. he creates new accounts every  2-3 days.. and rejoins groups and spams them again and again.  He had been doing this since around  2010 and ll can't stop him.

So it does happen.. not everyone just gives up.

He's been around for years and so has a few others that do the same stupid thing. If LL really wanted to they could stop him/them. It just isn't financially feasible.

I know of a few that have so many accounts its ridiculous. One person I was friends with had over 100 accounts. LL could stop people from doing that, too, but again, financial feasibility.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

He's been around for years and so has a few others that do the same stupid thing. If LL really wanted to they could stop him/them. It just isn't financially feasible.

I know of a few that have so many accounts its ridiculous. One person I was friends with had over 100 accounts. LL could stop people from doing that, too, but again, financial feasibility.

Technically the only way they could is to make everyone  verify identity when creating an account or else it won't be approved. And make everyone use only their viewer with special coding that prevents spoofing of ip/email/mac/serial..use of vpn or proxy..

Even doing that it still would be possible..

Nothing is ever impossible on the internet.. except making rlv permanent and inescapable..

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Technically the only way they could is to make everyone  verify identity when creating an account or else it won't be approved. And make everyone use only their viewer with special coding that prevents spoofing of ip/email/mac/serial..use of vpn or proxy..

Even doing that it still would be possible..

Nothing is ever impossible on the internet.. except making rlv permanent and inescapable..

I'm not going argue about it. They don't need to do all that. There are other "non-technical" ways. I'm sure if you put a little time into thinking about it you'd come up with one or two.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'm not going argue about it. They don't need to do all that. There are other "non-technical" ways. I'm sure if you put a little time into thinking about it you'd come up with one

Yeah.. shut down sl.. that is the only other true way. 

Any other method could be defeated.  Even  trying to sue the person into stoping would not work.  Pressing legal charges would not stop them. 

Not everyone would care about such things. 

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Yeah.. shut down sl.. that is the only other true way. 

Any other method could be defeated.  Even  trying to sue the person into stoping would not work.  Pressing legal charges would not stop them. 

Not everyone would care about such things. 

Yeah they would ultimately have to shut down SL. As you said. Because even with those work arounds, and if SL had an anti cheat system like that. People could just up and make a linux ran system and have windows as a virtual machine. No anti cheat system works, people will find ways to reverse engineer it, or find other ways to circumnavigate. So as you said before, they would ultimately would have to shut down SL altogether

People who use an x at the end of a text/message instead of a full stop or just  leaving it blank.  Or worse, things like "How are you xxx"  Stop.  I don't need a kiss at the end of every message in a text conversation especially from a casual aquaintance.  I can deal with bye xx or night xx but meh to the rest

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

People who use an x at the end of a text/message instead of a full stop or just  leaving it blank.  Or worse, things like "How are you xxx"  Stop.  I don't need a kiss at the end of every message in a text conversation especially from a casual aquaintance.  I can deal with bye xx or night xx but meh to the rest

I would agree with you. Or when they write run on sentences, in multiple texts. So you have no chance to catch your breath. So by the time you are done, you are winded and are like. Use punctuation God Dangit. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

How cute ... Someone got bent out of shape over a peeve being aired.

Bent out of shape... lol.. not even close.. but you seemed to have been enough to need to make a reply. 

A peeve to me is just a very minor irritation.. similar to a fly constantly buzzing around.

So try again.. buzz buzz buzz..

3 hours ago, shiviex said:

When you try to enter a sim, but it is full because people start camping there...sheesh

Well it is their right to stay as long as the sim owner permits them to..

No one has to leave to make room for others just because they think someone should..

It's  called try a different time or day..

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Well it is their right to stay as long as the sim owner permits them to..

No one has to leave to make room for others just because they think someone should..

It's  called try a different time or day..

Yeah this is true but people should be considerate enough to know that other people might want to enter the sim... they can go afk in any other sim, but we can't get what we want from other sims. By sims, I mean shopping events specifically.

41 minutes ago, shiviex said:

Yeah this is true but people should be considerate enough to know that other people might want to enter the sim... they can go afk in any other sim, but we can't get what we want from other sims. By sims, I mean shopping events specifically.

Well sometimes real life interferes and they  might have to do other things.. and might not be done looking themselves so stay logged in right where they are. Which is their choice to do.  Even if some think they should leave. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.