What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

two peeves:

1. people who randomly start talking over you mid sentence, you point it out and they apologise then do it 12 seconds later.

2. being the responding staff member to an incident, submitting evidence and chat logs to staff chat (discord room), then hours later other staff acting like the hours old incident wasn't responded to (because they prioritize IM's and 3AM discord calls over looking at staff chat) and the third and final staff member (the owner) wanting to whine and complain way after it's been resolved and proceeds to curse me out after i've done 95% of the work.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Well sometimes real life interferes and they  might have to do other things.. and might not be done looking themselves so stay logged in right where they are. Which is their choice to do.  Even if some think they should leave. 

Well if they have RL to deal with. They can come back later. They don't need to take up space and camp in the sim for hours.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Well if they have RL to deal with. They can come back later. They don't need to take up space and camp in the sim for hours.

But see that is their choice if the sim owner allows it. Its not for anyone else to tell them what is fair or right or not. only the store/sim owner. Its up to the sim owner to control if that happens or not by using the tools available to prevent it. If they dont, then they have indicated they dont care if people do that.

And those that dont like it.. oh well tough luck.

complaining about the people who do it is a waste of time. instead the complaints should be to the owners of the sims directly about doing something about it. At which point it is their choice or not and if they dont.. oh well.. time to get over it.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

But see that is their choice if the sim owner allows it. Its not for anyone else to tell them what is fair or right or not. only the store/sim owner. Its up to the sim owner to control if that happens or not by using the tools available to prevent it. If they dont, then they have indicated they dont care if people do that.

And those that dont like it.. oh well tough luck.

complaining about the people who do it is a waste of time. instead the complaints should be to the owners of the sims directly about doing something about it. At which point it is their choice or not and if they dont.. oh well.. time to get over it.

But still if I have stuff to do and I am waiting for something to open. I either go home or log out. I am not selfish or rude and take up space on the region. I would rather give my spot to someone else who is online and wants to get in. I can go another time, when I am not busy RL.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

But still if I have stuff to do and I am waiting for something to open. I either go home or log out. I am not selfish or rude and take up space on the region. I would rather give my spot to someone else who is online and wants to get in. I can go another time, when I am not busy RL.

That is you, not everyone is or will or has to be like you ever. They dont have to care if anyone thinks its rude or unfair.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:
5 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

That is you, not everyone is or will or has to be like you ever. They dont have to care if anyone thinks its rude or unfair.

That is fine, I was just giving my opinion on it.

2 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

I know, which is completely allowed. I was just giving the opposing view.

I think this is why it's a "peeve."  Just because it's allowed doesn't make it a nice thing to do.  And just because some people think it's fine doesn't mean that others can't be peeved.  Personally, I think it's insensitive.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

My pet peeve is somebody who constantly thinks they have to tell others this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I think this is why it's a "peeve."  Just because it's allowed doesn't make it a nice thing to do.  And just because some people think it's fine doesn't mean that others can't be peeved.  Personally, I think it's insensitive.  ;)

I think it is too. But I was also raised to let other people take their place, if I am gonna busy with anything. So I brought that to SL. And if I have to do something RL, I will either go to my house in world or log off.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Though you are quite right, the other side of the coin is that hopefully such insensitive ones are ok with being kicked, griefed or spammed even though usually such are the first to be filing a peeve wherever there is someone who will listen to them. One should expect that the law of karma will give back what one puts out.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Haha 1

A rando offers you friendship without ever speaking or meeting first.  And dead silence after you ask them if we had met somewhere.

How would they know that I'm not some cereal killer? Come on, man. Didn't your mama tell you about stranger danger? LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Though you are quite right, the other side of the coin is that hopefully such insensitive ones are ok with being kicked, griefed or spammed even though usually such are the first to be filing a peeve wherever there is someone who will listen to them. One should expect that the law of karma will give back what one puts out.

Usually they won't care. Because they are afk and can just  close any messages or ignore anything said in local .

Plus if they have  common sense they  will move lock themselves  or ground sit before going.. so only a eject will really do anything. 

I used to afk at help hubs for hours.. often ejected when I came back.. didn't bother me at all. That was their choice on how to handle it and I was fine with it.  I just wandered back in after and  things went normal.. no drama over it.

56 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Some one has too or people begin to forget and  think their view is what matters most.  Which it never was or will be except in their own mind.

You're right. It isn't what matters most. It's ALL that matters.

*ba dum tish*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

My pet peeve is somebody who constantly thinks they have to tell others this.

Some one has too or people begin to forget and  think their view is what matters most.  Which it never was or will be except in their own mind.

I get tired of what I perceive as a lack of empathy during conflicts between people too, and for sure it's good if we point out differing perspectives to each other.  But frequently you make lot of assumptions and imagine the motivation of those not exhibiting the empathy you'd like to see -- you direct psychobabble insults at them.  For example, when you see someone not understanding the other side you say:

"That is you, not everyone is or will or has to be like you ever. They don't have to care if anyone thinks its rude or unfair."

"Some one has to (tell them) or people begin to forget and  think their view is what matters most.  Which it never was or will be except in their own mind"

So you're accusing the 'lacking in empathy side' of:
1. Believing everyone is like them, will always be like them, or has to be like them.
2. Believing others must care whether their perspective is rude or unfair.
3. Believing their view is what matters most in a conflict.

However the reality may be that they just haven't had their coffee yet, or considered the other side enough, or that they truly believe their view or way of structuring the situation is the correct one. Could also be they have more trouble with empathy than some do and so and need a bit more clarification.

You could provide the other perspective without blasting them with a litany of unproven imaginary insults as unnecessary explanations for why they don't see the other side. This will actually get you much further if your true motivation is to help them see another perspective.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

A rando offers you friendship without ever speaking or meeting first.  And dead silence after you ask them if we had met somewhere.

That's up there with the...

Them "Hi"

Me "Hello there"

Them "How are you?"

Me "Fine thanks, and you?"

Them "I'm good"

*crickets*

Them "I guess you must be busy"

*friend request*

For a while my reply would be "Hi there.  I'm doing good thanks, how about you?  That's awesome!"  Saved SO much time!!!!

• Like 2

In SL?

• Parking lots you can't park in. Ones where object entry is off, or autoreturn is too short. Give us a half hour of shopping time. Longer for female apparel stores.
  • Comic Sans on signs. No.  Just no.
  • Offering notecards or landmarks to people driving by. Pops up a dialog drivers have to dismiss. Usually by clicking "Block". That's a TOS violation, by the way.
  • Billboards advertising billboard space.
  • 4m wide parcels with 20m wide billboards.
  • Large groups of vendors with constantly changing images. It takes minutes after arrival before texture loading catches up.
  • Glow on objects with bad low LOD models. The effect is a huge glowing thing in the distance which disappears as you get close.
  • There's a very nice "god rays" effect, and some good rainbows, that you can buy. They look great during the day and terrible at night. They need to turn off after dark.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Para RPers who go on and on about their looks and behavior with run on sentences. Also RPers who make it a point to say how strong/smart/powerful they are, and the ones who metagame/godmod. 

Also people who refuse to listen when something important is brought up about other users because "I don't want to get involved in drama" or "this doesn't affect me directly, so why should I care?". Or my all time personal favorite "you're lying to get something out of this, X wouldn't do that!"

No, trust me I have nothing to gain, or lose. Drama is petty arguments and insults. Pointing out that someone popular is skirting the law/TOS and doing legitimately horrible ***** *is not drama*. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lokiande said:

Para RPers who go on and on about their looks and behavior with run on sentences. 

I've told this story before... I was once in a Gor sim (it would have to be, for this level of dimwittery), in a tavern or whatever baby talk word they have for it. Most unusually, there was only one slave staffing the place and several free people. Given how much the average Gorean slave seems to love pulling pints, I thought she'd be in her element but unfortunately she was so obsessed with para RPing about her hair shining and her silks flapping about that she wasn't paying attention to the drinks order and kept muffing it up. One Gorean Master in particular got very annoyed and they started having an extensive barney in double brackets, and he was that much of a pillock (Gorean, after all) that he was still capitalising his pronouns throughout it. I wish I'd logged it, it was sublime.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.