The 40+ crowd! Do you exist in SL?

Kush Daddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all. I am over 60, happily married for 37 years, and NOT seeking a SL boyfriend. I am seeking friends to chat with, play games with, and hang out with. I don't care if you are male, female, in between, gay or straight. I like a good sense of humour and a kind heart. I have joined the Forum Cartel group mentioned in this thread, and look forward to meeting people through that group. 

I am a SL creator. I make mesh and script, and you can check out the kinds of things I make on my blog, http://myblackrose.net if you are interested. I am always interested in meeting other creators. I am retired and dabble in art and music in real life. In SL, I enjoy playing games, such as Greedy and various board games. 

I have been in SL since 2004 and have had some wonderful friends here. Over time, they have drifted away and left SL. I miss them and feel the void. I do my best to avoid drama and do not create drama for fun, like some I have met.

Perhaps I will meet you through the Forum Cartel group. Feel free to IM me in game or offer friendship if you are interested in getting to know me better.

• Like 10

On 4/28/2019 at 6:00 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

Give it a couple of weeks and everyone will have sheepish outed themselves in this thread.

Mine is in my profile. lol

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, Chicky Delicioso said:

I need people I can relate to.. 30s - 60s if you are out there, say hi! (Girls or gays only)

So, what do you have against straight males? Are you that scared they might hit on you? Is it ok for women to hit on you? What a strange post. 

On 4/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, Chicky Delicioso said:

In a long term relationship almost 2 years and already gone RL with him so you don't need to protect your boyfriends from me! I am totally uninterested in that sort of drama. 

Yet you bring it up... "Long term" LOL, I have t-shirts older than that. 

So basically this was just a drama post looking for women and gay males to... what? Sit and play games with? Whatever. 

Still confused as to why you are against having straight males saying Hi...  Its not like they are gonna roofie and Cosby you...  Geez, people CAN just be friends... 

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

43 year old female from Australia here (why does this feel like a singles ad??) I like long romantic walks on the beach at sunset and... 

Pfft, no I don't! 😆

I shop. I build. I scream at scripts. I spend a lot of time in Second Life on my own, primarily because the older I get the less I can stand young whippersnappers on my lawn stupidity in general. I used to role play but haven't been inspired to do so for a long while now. I don't really do the social scene anymore either. I keep my social circle small on purpose nowadays. That doesn't mean I won't say hello and have a chat with people if the urge strikes or there's something to say. But I'm not someone who has to be constantly entertained, or enjoys constantly entertaining others. 

Not sure we'd ever actually cross paths (I'd be too preoccupied trying to redesign path and build it with less Land Impact) BUT just wanted to shout out (because I could) as another from the 40's crowd. I sincerely wish you all the best in finding what it is you seek :D 

• Like 3

On 4/21/2019 at 10:08 AM, Elora Lunasea said:

Most people I know personally are well over the 40 mark including myself (like, way over it in fact) although I'm not in-world very much and when I am, I'm more into doing my own thing for the most part.

However, I'll suggest that The Forum Cartel Group is a great place to meet people in general - we have a diverse group of people and there are a lot of older members. I know, because I've been in the group since it's inception and that's like umm, 12 years ago, close to 12 years? Many of us haven't been shy about sharing our ages (more or less lol). The group tries to do get-together events periodically. There is a "hangout" where people pop and and out of. My partner DJ's there and I believe he has another gig lined up sometime in May, or may do it elsewhere for group members. The last one drew a nice crowd, everyone is friendly and chatty and you certainly would be welcomed as we're very "newbie" friendly.

The in-world group chat is usually quite busy also - and can range from intelligent and useful info to ridiculous silly banter. 

If you are looking for like-minded friends it may be a good place to start. Nearly every person I'm friendly with in SL came from meeting them through the Cartel, or an off-shoot of it. 

I do my own thing but would be interested in the forum Cartel group.  How would I find this group?  I'm kinda new...  Would I look in sl using the 'search' feature?  Or, is there a link u can give me?  ty

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

I do my own thing but would be interested in the forum Cartel group.  How would I find this group?  I'm kinda new...  Would I look in sl using the 'search' feature?  Or, is there a link u can give me?  ty

You can do an in world search for "The Forum Cartel" and the top two listings should be the group and a LM to the hangout.

Also, I just sent you a group invite.  You should see it when you log on.

Welcome to the cartel ;)

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

You can do an in world search for "The Forum Cartel" and the top two listings should be the group and a LM to the hangout.

Also, I just sent you a group invite.  You should see it when you log on.

Welcome to the cartel ;)

Ty so much!

• Like 2

Just go to biker places. Most of them are in their 40's and 50's. Generally the people at Wet Willies, Big Daddy's even and a few others to be more specific. You can hang out with the crowd then while making new friends here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/1/2019 at 8:53 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

So, what do you have against straight males? Are you that scared they might hit on you? Is it ok for women to hit on you? What a strange post. 

Still confused as to why you are against having straight males saying Hi...  Its not like they are gonna roofie and Cosby you...  Geez, people CAN just be friends... 

I see you want to believe there are heterosexual men in SL that are harmless but unfortunately 99.9% of the time, a Hi from a guy I don't know, leads to the guy being interested in getting into my avatar's pixel panties. She has every right to state what she wants so you are in the wrong to harass her because you don't like it. I've never had any male who greeted me just only want to be my friend. They always want sex or just want to flirt. Instead of making comments to make fun of this woman, why didn't you just greet her with a hello and lead by example by your own words?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I see you want to believe there are heterosexual men in SL that are harmless but unfortunately 99.9% of the time, a Hi from a guy I don't know, leads to the guy being interested in getting into my avatar's pixel panties. She has every right to state what she wants so you are in the wrong to harass her because you don't like it. I've never had any male who greeted me just only want to be my friend. They always want sex or just want to flirt. Instead of making comments to make fun of this woman, why didn't you just greet her with a hello and lead by example by your own words?

Harmless.. What an interesting word to use about someone. There are "harmless" men in SL, i know many of them. We don't all want pixel sex with every female. I am typically not in a human av, and i constantly get IMs saying how hot i look and "i bet you have a huge ___." DO i come here saying only men and lesbains can speak to me? No, I either ignore them of not, my choice. 

I wasn't harassing her, i was actually curious as to why she won't talk to straight males.

Also, I wouldn't greet her at all, I am a straight male, she would get offended. Judging people before they say anything to you, how open minded. Yes yes, lets slam the door on people because of a few bad apples. Yes, there are some men that will hit on you, mostly newbies. But is that really a reason to refuse to talk to all men? 

• Like 6

I'm 35, mentally who knows as honestly depends on my mood that day or what we talking about as sometimes I can be playful and feel younger then other days you can talk to me I can be serious.  If I'm not hosting, I can be either found quietly relaxing at home either playing one of the two Tiny Empire games or both at same time; or working/planning a blog entry or randomly being creative and make a profile picture for myself in future use.  I admit I do love to shop because I love studying fashion and fashions (considering I don't see myself as girly girl I find quite amusing.) but I don't just shop for clothes, i love buying decor, poses and even houses!  I do enjoy my music but not big on clubs when not working, I do try to play Greedy but not very good at it though I have a laugh with my friends when I do try and I'm terrible gigglesnorter when I play CaH (Cards Against Humanity for those who don't know) however that what I enjoy trying to spend time with my friends and have a laugh!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 1:41 PM, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I do agree on the part where almost every random "Hi, how are you" message from an unknown male avi ends up being triggered by the need to flirt/have sex. But there's loads of guys who are not looking for that. They just do not send out the random "Hi" messages either, so you don't notice them probably.

• Like 3

Isn't cloaking your real age a major part of SL?😊

And its also the most common question in world in my short experience here.

One thing I will say.... the older guys (the ones who admit their age) have the best chat and behaviour. At least in my experience. In fact one guy opened up with "I'm 66 so I guess you won't be interested". Oh and at the time I was in my Wonder Woman outfit.......and dancing with a guy I just met.

But the 66 year old became one of my oldest SL friends, and nothing to do with his RL age. 

Here I'm 32 *coughs* and my sisters are 28 and 25. And that's how it will stay.

😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

One thing I will say.... the older guys (the ones who admit their age) have the best chat and behaviour.

Am I not sufficiently eloquent and well-behaved for you, then?!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Here I'm 32 *coughs* and my sisters are 28 and 25. And that's how it will stay

The person behind Zoya is over 40. Zoya herself is frozen in time at an age before my autoimmune disease changed me. She is young enough to wear bikinis and sexy little dresses and old enough to also have a collection of leggings, sweaters, and every pair of jeans L&B has made. Oh, and bunny slippers.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

Am I not sufficiently eloquent and well-behaved for you, then?!

Sufficiently eloquent without a doubt. Well behaved? I have insufficient data derived from sufficiently close encounters to be able to establish a benchmark...…….. 😉

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.