The 40+ crowd! Do you exist in SL?

Kush Daddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/5/2019 at 5:34 PM, Orwar said:

When my teacher introduced my class to 'warm glue', he explained how it's largely the same thing as what you make jelly candies out of (collagen is the primary adhesive, but animal glues tend to contain quite a bit of gelatin as well, as both are extracted through the same method and the glue - bone glue contains more gelatin, which is why it's a weaker and more brittle adhesive than hide glue). A lot of people don't like the smell of fresh, warm glue - I love it. But when it's been on a book spine for 50+ years and you moisten it to scrape it clean it can smell like a dead sewer rat.

The next day, he brought jelly candies to class. Him and I were the only ones who would eat from them, whilst everyone else looked just about ready to hurl.

I also ruined yogurt for a class mate when I pointed out that the one she was eating contained carragheen, an algae used for marbling papers - and a thickening agent in foodstuffs. I'm surrounded by weak stomachs!

I won't ask how you know what dead sewer rat smells like.  Nope, I don't want to know.  😎

I prefer the yogurt I make.  All it contains is milk and 'special' bacterias!! 🤣

I like jellies and will pretty much eat anything...  at least once.

Sadly, after 10 years on the back of an ambulance, I can eat anything, anywhere, and in the presence of pretty much any conversation...  or maybe that's a 'humble' brag.  Other than the smell of decomp, pus or fecal matter, very little puts me off food. To be honest, if most people knew what they were eating, or worse, what the creatures they eat are eating, they might just be afraid to eat all together.  Of course, there's those people who really and truly believe that the meat they eat was always in a shrink wrap...O.o

On 9/17/2019 at 6:46 PM, roseelvira said:

If you remember shoulder pads/// big hair ...untitled.pngmonk.png.7e57120613fc4e17562e23f82f24dcf9.png and mink hairspray    over 40 .looking for where i dropped my  shoulder pads ,,,,,, the 80's rocked

I remember bell bottoms, the original mini - the car and the skirts - and something unfortunate by the name of Crimplene.  Yes, Virginia, I had a lovely orange pair of Crimplene bell bottoms! 

On 9/18/2019 at 11:52 AM, RaeLeeH said:

What I remember most...

jaws_0.jpg.fdfe773fd0e6308595ac2f18813c630a.jpg

And...

rocky-horror-01-800.jpg.a166c420d95b10b3572164dff6a5949c.jpg

And something about a computer operating system, home video game console, and of course Led Zepplin (ah, real music). 🤘 ❤️ 🎵

Aww Timmy you were so pretty!  Jaws: I read the book and saw the movie.  For once, I think i actually liked the movie better.

Edited by DeepBlueJoy
error
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2019 at 8:06 PM, Gregorian Chant said:

And don't forget a Glamour Shots session to preserve your mug with that glorious getup for all generations! 

LOL - I did that once and still have the pics.  They did do a damn good job of making me look fantastic.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Definitely over 40.  Artist.  Enjoy building and prefer to be alone when I am doing it.  Not looking for acqintences.  Would enjoy sharing my artist side with another artist who knows the "vocabulary"... especially visual language.   I am not a newbie... been here over 10 years.  

74934671_10221348905936801_8263582953712386048_n.jpg

Edited by oola Neruda

Pushin' 60 here. Pretty sure that counts!

I'm not in SL for pretend sex, for a boyfriend, or for a romance. 

I do like to shop, but that's mostly because I'm a newbie and apparently shopping is a survival tactic when you're a newly born Ruth in a world of high fashion avatars.

I'm here to relax, to listen to live music or just good music, to explore, to do whatever sounds like fun at the moment, and to get creative. I'm here to do things I can't or won't do in 1st life.

I was also wondering where all of the old farts are. I found and joined three "elders" groups, but nobody chats and there are no group notices. I think they all died.

It would be nice to just hang out with people I can relate to.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I started out in my mid 20s in SL, and now I'm in my 40s. The same group of friends that I've had along the way has grown older with me, so that has helped. Still, beyond them, it is hard to meet new people in SL. A lot of the new people I've met are through having run SLUniverse (and now VirtualVerse) for 16 years. There is a large cross section of ages and backgrounds, and I'm thankful for being able to meet so many people that way that I would never have otherwise met. You can never have too many friends, so I'm always open to meeting new people. I'm just not sure how to go about it in SL anymore.

• Like 5

I'm late to this thread, or I'm so bloody old I can't remember if I already posted to it. :D  My list of friends is short these days as I find it pointless keeping an attachment to people with whom you have no connection any more, and that includes names of people I still regard fondly but haven't seen in a decade *pictures Psyra's wings flapping and Harry's snout, and damnit that made me cry*.  I enjoy deep conversations and appreciate courtesy and sincerity.  I'd love to accompany a few more people to interesting places and events.  Send me an IM to say hello  and I'll invite you over for tea.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.