The 40+ crowd! Do you exist in SL?

Kush Daddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love young people, no offense. I really do.

I need people I can relate to.. 30s - 60s if you are out there, say hi! (Girls or gays only)

I don't love to shop.. sorry if thats a disappointment. I do love to play board games and I have pretty much all of them. Happy to go to a club or venue, discussion, etc as long as theres not like 5 people in the room with tip request spam. (tacky!)

I have a foul mouth and am an east coast girl with a big heart. In a long term relationship almost 2 years and already gone RL with him so you don't need to protect your boyfriends from me! I am totally uninterested in that sort of drama. 

Anyway, say hello my mature ladies! 

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

Whilst not a mature lady myself, I do know that they're out there. There's quite a few of them on my contact list and in my family. Happy hunting!

• Like 6

Most people I know personally are well over the 40 mark including myself (like, way over it in fact) although I'm not in-world very much and when I am, I'm more into doing my own thing for the most part.

However, I'll suggest that The Forum Cartel Group is a great place to meet people in general - we have a diverse group of people and there are a lot of older members. I know, because I've been in the group since it's inception and that's like umm, 12 years ago, close to 12 years? Many of us haven't been shy about sharing our ages (more or less lol). The group tries to do get-together events periodically. There is a "hangout" where people pop and and out of. My partner DJ's there and I believe he has another gig lined up sometime in May, or may do it elsewhere for group members. The last one drew a nice crowd, everyone is friendly and chatty and you certainly would be welcomed as we're very "newbie" friendly.

The in-world group chat is usually quite busy also - and can range from intelligent and useful info to ridiculous silly banter. 

If you are looking for like-minded friends it may be a good place to start. Nearly every person I'm friendly with in SL came from meeting them through the Cartel, or an off-shoot of it. 

• Like 10

On April 20, 2019 at 1:47 PM, Chicky Delicioso said:

mature ladies

When I hear this term, I am reminded of a woman I once met. I had met this guy, and we started a relationship. He told me he wanted me to meet his SL sister, so went to the sim where she was. She and I were having a very nice conversation about her RL grandkids. Well at some point he told her in an IM that I was his new girlfriend. She suddenly transformed from sweet grandmother to angry teenaged ex girlfriend. Apparently sister wasn't the way she saw her relationship with him. She went from appearing to be one of the most mature people in SL, to one of the least in an instant.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

64 here, artist, designer, builder and business owner -  keeping very busy. I'm always looking for new exploring, adventure, surfing, diving and sailing peeps to hang out with.I am married but my partner no longer spends much time online with me so I've been feeling a bit lonely. Give me a shout out if you'd like. I'm easy going, 420 friendly and very drama-averse.  

-Danny (The Mysterious Mechanic) 

danielwolfsong

• Like 10

On 4/20/2019 at 10:47 AM, Chicky Delicioso said:

I need people I can relate to.. 30s - 60s if you are out there, say hi! (Girls or gays only)

I don't love to shop.. sorry if thats a disappointment. I do love to play board games and I have pretty much all of them. Happy to go to a club or venue, discussion, etc as long as theres not like 5 people in the room with tip request spam. (tacky!)

I have a foul mouth and am an east coast girl with a big heart. In a long term relationship almost 2 years and already gone RL with him so you don't need to protect your boyfriends from me! I am totally uninterested in that sort of drama. 

You had me up until the bolded part. 

when-people-show-you-their-red-flags-sho

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You had me up until the bolded part.

Aw, you don't like it when people are in long-term relationships and like to avoid unnecessary drama through boyfriend theft?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Aw, you don't like it when people are in long-term relationships and like to avoid unnecessary drama through boyfriend theft?

Creating drama to avoid drama doesn't work. The only point in even mentioning it, is to create drama.

Two years isn't that long for a serious relationship. It's when you look back at the 20 (or even 10) year relationship that you realize just what long term relationship really means.

• Like 5

On 4/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, Chicky Delicioso said:

Truthfully, most of the people i know in SL are over 50. I think it depends on what you're interested in.  I think if you hang around certain type of activities, the crowd tends to skew younger, but the fantasy and building/landscaping/making stuff crowd that I know are mostly folk over 40 and the majority of those are 50 and above.  Many work in tech or tech adjacent areas.   I find younger people when I look in areas that cater to things like killing zombies or for some reason, in some newcomer areas.  Since most of my interests tend to fantasy stuff, landscaping etc., I meet a lot of people in my age group. 

Few people wear 'older' looking avatars, so that's not a good way to judge.

• Like 1

Anecdote: Years ago when the Forum Cartel was initially formed there was one night a large group of us were at the Hangout, talking and sharing some personal information with each other as would happen periodically (and more so as time passed on and we got to know each other better). One night, we were discussing our music influences and favorite bands and such  and The Beatles came up in conversation.

One of the girls, Claire Silverspar (some here will remember her, I still sort of keep in touch with her via other means than SL)  was like "Who are The Beatles?" . Well, we all just about died. She wasn't trolling us either. Turns out, she wasn't even 18 yet and all of us were well in our late 30's to our 60's (and one person there I know was around 70ish). We were gobsmacked and even more so when we learned she was British 🤣 She was the "baby" of the group, and we loved teaching and goofing on her about her lack of life experience; she was a good sport about it too. 

Heh. Will have to remember to remind her about that Beatles thing to her at some point 😋

Edited by Elora Lunasea
spelling duh
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.