What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have seen all of these used in conversation, and probably a few more I didn't understand at the time.

My sim ~= my avatar

My sim ~= my parcel

My sim ~= my build

My sim ~= my region

My sim ~= simulator running my region

My sim ~= computer hosting simulator running my region

My sim ~= my huge city built on an estate made up of multiple regions

10 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

When someone comes to the mboard to ask for help and accuses the posters of trolling instead and blocks them.

Well this would be mine as well, as everyone is probably well aware. I have started several threads about people who do this. It’s appallingly ungrateful, disrespectful of the whole forum.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

when mod picture frames are sold , but there is no indication as to the aspect ratio you need to load a pic properly.

An unusual gripe, that made me smile :) Might I suggest assuming 4:3 to avoid at least some disappointment ?

Edited by rasterscan
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, animats said:

Pet peeve for the week: low level of detail models which drop flat surfaces down to one triangle, leaving a huge hole in the object. Looks awful and doesn't reduce LI.

Like all the wheels on most mesh vehicles at 20 Mters away? Bahaha!

I would add to this: The gigantic Titanic-sizes ships-they-call-yachts crammed into the bathtub called Sirens Isle that are such bad LOD that they are invisible until you get within 30 meters and have to to an emergency reverse in your 8-foot long powerboat.

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Like all the wheels on most mesh vehicles at 20 Mters away? Bahaha!

You're right; wheels are a huge problem. The low-LOD model for  a wheel ought to be a flat picture of the high-LOD model. That would look great at distance. But none of the wheel builders seem to do that. Most vehicle builders buy wheels, rather than modeling them. There's a junkyard of full-perm items behind one of the big motorcycle shops for that sort of thing.

(If you have copy and mod perms on a mesh object, you should be able to replace the lower LOD and physics models. Then we could upgrade older content. I'm going to bring that up at Creator User Group.)

• Like 1

People that carpet bomb the forum with (almost always short and inane) replies.

Sometimes you get people with their heads so far up their own backsides that they legitimately believe they have the divine right to push a topic they dislike off the page through sheer volume of nonsensical spam. Other times you get people who somehow think four word replies to each of two dozen posts in the space of many twenty minutes is a good use of everyone's time.

In either instance, it's obnoxious and needs to stop.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 1:14 PM, Mahala Roviana said:

The watery pre-mustard that shoots out all over your bread on the first squeeze.

Or what happened in my bar other day when some patrons was putting mustard on their hot dogs.  We put out a full bottle and somehow when someone squeezed it to hard, it shot over to the DJ booth.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

People who ask for landmarks to a store in group chat because they couldn't be bothered to take 5 seconds to utilize the search function.

And... people who start a group chat in a super-group (Like Blueberry, with thousands of users) with something like "Hello! How is everyone?" Or worse: a shortened link to some picture and nothing else. Seriously?

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

People who ask for landmarks to a store in group chat because they couldn't be bothered to take 5 seconds to utilize the search function.

Bonus points if the landmark is in the group description, about half the notice log and also a group message sent four minutes previously.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.