Dakota Linden

Who are you? We want to know

? Hello!

My name is SirParadox (I go by Tezla though). 

I am 25 yrs old. 

I live in the North East of the U.S. 

My avatar is 5 years old, but my actual experience with SL is a bit over a year. I wasn't using it on a regular basis until the summer of 2017 rolled around. You see, I never had a draw to use SL. I was totally sold on IMVU for a long time, which I joined that back in 2007. I still have my OG account on there too, and I pop on there once in a while. However, once I got used to how SL worked and ended up appreciating the detail of everything.. It's hard to go back to IMVU, where everything is a stretched out texture or a pixelated mess.

In the past year, I have been a moderately active host working two sets a week.

I am mostly just looking for people to hang out with and talk to. Which just like real life, is kind of hard to do lol. Maybe I just don't go to the right places? Most people would rather hook up and not actually be friends ? Which is not my main focus.

What I'm into: 90s (cartoons, shows, games), music (anything between swing and country so don't ask for a favorite song), anime (DBZ, Naruto/Boruto, Lupin, AoT, Deadman, FLCL, Kuromukuro, etc), cartoons in general which also includes movies, games, painting/drawing/sculpting. Cars/Street racing.

YouTube is my drug. Netflix is my backup drug. 

My real life: It's boring. I work, come home, do errands, eat, go online, and go to bed. Sometimes I go do other things, sometimes I don't do anything, and sometimes things are just a plain ol' jumbled mess... but mainly; it's boring. Which is why I'm even here. I'm just myself online, so there's really not much to say. I won't get too detailed unless I've been speaking with someone for a few weeks and they seem genuinely interested in what's beyond the avatar and screen. 

Ok this is getting way too long, so this is the end ? Inbox me, IM me, or shoot a notecard my way idk. 

• Like 6

I'm Leesha. :)

33 (34 in December) 'Merica / Tennessee.

In SL I am a bit of a loner save for maybe 3 avatars and 1 is currently in the midst of self-care so he hasn't logged in since early or mid-October, I believe; he's in the next state over (Arkansas) and the other two are in Finland; needless to say my nights are empty. I'll hit up Lar's Bar as I've been going there since it pretty much opened (2010.) I can't do a lot of exploring due to a low-grade video card and shared internet sooo... My SL is somewhat predictable. However, Pulse Games have released their horror hunt so I may hit that up when my Finland friends wake up.

I am in a relationship with the self-care individual so along with my SL being predictable, it's a spot lonely right now, but I've never really fit in so I keep to myself a lot.

Socializing is not easy for me. I'm either chatty and having fun, or watching and barely talking. Somedays I'm both.

I love to decorate, play pool, explore (when I can), take photos (say it isn't so) and role play when the mood strikes. I've been meaning to hit up a GoT sim but I keep putting it off. I recall seeing someone post about a Dinosaur RP-Sim. I have maybe 4 Dawn Kingdom avatars and 1 "Ankle-biter" as I call it, so maybe I'll go check it out later. See what kind of people I can find. :) I did play in Liberty City for a bit, but I lag too much some days and I got tired of being shot and sent to the hospital. lol...

I have a Facebook. Anyone from SL is welcome to add me.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

In RL I live at home. I am my Mother's Caregiver and sometimes (see: a lot) I am overwhelmed with how many times I have to AFK. I really can't go anywhere without getting a "when you coming home?" text and respite is out of the question so, Second Life is sort of my sanctuary; the people I know, plus my family, don't quite understand my situation so I get a lot of BS for being on Second Life.

I enjoy dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, philosophy, psychiatry, light gaming, and writing (musing/role play.)  I don't discuss politics (because I don't know what news source to trust) and animal abuse (esp towards Cats) will destroy any ties that may have formed between people and myself; I don't put up with that crap.

I have no children and I am unmarried. I am, however, not Single. I am in an LDR with the same man that I am with in Second Life.

I suffer from mental illness so if anyone contacts me, just be aware of that. But that should not deter you from who I am.

My humor is dark, dirty, and deadpan.

Edited by Laoise Rumsford
left something out...
  • Like 5

Hello, I'm Thorine (okay, ThorinII, but I changed to a female avatar quite some time ago).

In Real Life, I'm 50 years old, early retired, and a hobbyist writer and part-time interpreter. I do have a few stories published on Amazon (via KDP); and sometimes, I draw illustrations to my stories and stuff.

Anyways, before my early retirement due to chronic depression, I worked in several branches and in several regions, mostly as a temp worker.

Fun fact: My display name Thorine is indeed a legit - though rare - Norwegian female name. :)

Edited by ThorinII
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, ThorinII said:

Hello, I'm Thorine (okay, ThorinII, but I changed to a female avatar quite some time ago).

In Real Life, I'm 50 years old, early retired, and a hobbyist writer and part-time interpreter. I do have a few stories published on Amazon (via KDP); and sometimes, I draw illustrations to my stories and stuff.

Anyways, before my early retirement due to chronic depression, I worked in several branches and in several regions, mostly as a temp worker.

Fun fact: My display name Thorine is indeed a legit - though rare - Norwegian female name. :)

I´d be highly interested in reading those stories *grins*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Howdy from northern Oklahoma. I'm old enough to know better but still too young to resist the doing questionable ... things. In RL, I'm called Cookie or C.C. which stands for Cosmic Cowgirl. I've been working in the health field for 25 yrs and am SOOO ready to retire. I'm almost there! I write poetry and am an artist... I use paints, charcoals, oil pastels, acrylic paint and so on. In my spare time, I paint wall murals and work with clay. Someday, if I ever get to retire, I'm planning on building a big kiln and making hand painted tea pots and cups and saucers.. fun stuff!

I came to SL in 2006 with many members of my poetry forum. We had a grand idea of building a poetry "lodge" and having events where we could speak our poetry to our founding members and others who wanted to join our bohemian lifestyle family. And of course.. it all went to he*l very quickly. The forum members were lured away "by the soft glow of electric sex". Yes, SL had become like the Leg Lamp from A Christmas Story. As far as I know, they are still lost in SL pursuing that soft glow.

After all these years, I've become very jaded and have lost my gut feeling for Second Life, but, now it's part of my life and I'll probably never let it go. I do log on everyday and rarely leave my land. When I do leave, I'm usually at the Forest listening to beautiful ambient music. I putz around, landscape, make textures, take pictures and go to shopping events. I sometimes venture out into the larger SL world on the weekends with cocktail in hand. I have found that Skype and cocktail are a dangerous combination! I also peek in to the Forum Cartel chat (yes I am a member) just to read the silliness that goes on there and it puts a smile on my face every time. Maybe someday, I'll show up at Sunday Breakfast... if I can ever get myself motivated!

Cheers and hugs from a Cosmic Cowgirl ?

• Like 5

Wow, where do I start? Seems a lot of responders are giving a biography of sorts, so, here I go...

I first joined SL in early 2006 under a different account and was quickly joined by my RL spouse. Sadly, there was heavy drama involved and life under that account became tedious. GoSpeed was born in November 2006 (yay! 12 years old this month!) Some of that residual drama followed me and RL became burdened with troubles leading to a divorce. After a rough patch between 2008 and 2012, my SL life gained stability when I became a member of Bay City and a participant of the Sunday Breakfast.

In SL I was a blogger who hung out with other well-known bloggers and Plurkers. The only blogging I do nowadays is related to my writing. 

I've assumed control of KONA Stream, a legally licensed internet radio station. It's carried on a number of sims, you can hear it on smartphones and it is also listed in iTunes.

I've been an active Flickr user since 2007 and have over 9,000 screenshots posted there.

I'm a self-published author with two novels already released and book 3 coming soon. I draw a LOT of inspiration from SL and many characters are based on my SL friends.

I"ve been partnered three times. My current partner is my best friend in SL :)

I have been called, funny, irreverent, sweet, sexy, fun, smart, and a wide variety of other things. My avatar looks nothing like me in RL, but she embodies my essence in many ways.

Yeliz outfit.jpg

• Like 9

I'm 45, Dutch (yes those people who invented THE stroopwafel), live on a farm in the middle of nowhere.
I've been in SL for about a decade, when I had only just joined I started the 1920s Berlin Project, a historical roleplaying community, which has been going very strong pretty much since day one.

I enjoy standing behind the bar there for our daily (!) happy hour, pour drinks, chat, listen to 1920s music, be grumpy and complain about young people, jazz and not getting enough tips.

I also own the Time Portal sim where people can visit several historical zones.

You may have guessed it; I love, nay I'm obsessed with, nay I'm addicted to history, both in SL as in RL.

• Like 8

Greetings from western Sweden. I joined SL in 2007 mostly because I have always been interested with virtual worlds and mmo games. Since that moment I have created 4 avatars, but I log in to SL only the newest one (the account I use here on this forum) and the one born in 2012. The other two are gone – I forgot the credentials, including email and exact name. I guess I might have deleted one of them.

There are months when I log in every day, there are weeks when I do not log in at all, due to being occupied with something else (playing WoW, programming, travelling, learning something new or just having a lot of work). What I like the most about SL is that it is a place of possibilities and I can do whatever I want (as long as I don’t break TOS of course), but I usually end up decorating lands, shopping or chatting with my friend. I have always wanted to try to create but I get distracted easily so here I am, not creating anything.

About real me – I am in my mid-thirties, working in IT as project / product manager. My mind usually wanders around geeky things. I love science (mathematics, astronomy, physics, IT) and learning new things. My personality is typical INTP. I am happily married and we are owned by 4 cats.

My avatar is my representation, I do not have any separate story for her, nor different image. It is more less the way I behave or look like or the way I would look like if I could change my image every day. Yes, I used to have pink hair and I loved that.

• Like 5

Hi all. I will throw my voice into the mix her. My name is Buttacwup Pwincess but most people call me Butta. I am a boy, my avi is a girl and I tend to spend my days shopping, standing around at various places around the grid spying on what people are wearing to fuel the aforementioned shopping, dancing at EDM clubs, exploring, taking photos. When I am not doing any of those I am usually sorting my inventory or helping out in one of the groups I help moderate for the CTS Wardrobe and Catznip Viewer. I make videos covering things in Second Life, mostly related to the CTS Wardrobe but on some other topics as well. I love to chat, live in the central US (SLT +2) so please feel free to say hello.

Edited by seanabrady
added location info
  • Like 4

I had an accident in RL, I had to stay in bed for a long time till I recover and I used to play The Sims at the time - and it was so boring, so at a forum, I heard about second life and decided to check and see what it was about. So I joined SL thinking it was like the sims, so everyone I met I thought it was an NPC like the sims, so I was quite impressed with the AI of the people around me - :P Took a while to figure out, so I still blush thinking about all the things I said to people around me, thinking they were not real people, just a computer. I planned to stay for a week and here I am 5 years later.  I live in the closet in RL, so SL helped me to be who I really am. I met people from all over the world, some of them I like more than my RL friends <3 I am very thankful for Second Life, it saves my life every day.

CesartjeProfile01.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey,

I'm Matt. I originally joined SL in 2007, because of a friend of mine showing it off one day. The ability to build, script, and pretty much do anything really caught my interest. Of course I enjoy socializing, but building things is my main squeeze for SL. I recently came back to SL to check in to see how things are going and to really pursue building on more of an advanced level than what I did before. Just curious to see what I can do now. Currently, I am learning the scripting language, working with Blender 3d, and trying to catch up with mesh and anything else.

I am "Cr4ziiMatt Akina" if interested in hanging out, building and chatting about nerdy I.T. stuff at a sandbox, or exploring the creative side of the SL world.