Who are you? We want to know

Dakota Linden

Dillon's Log, Stardate 55749.7

I did all this once before. There was a rather long-lived thread about strengthening the SL Community. I finally contributed, and I showed myself as is, was, and would be. With details. This time I'll be more brief.

I became aware of my transgender nature (and my bisexuality) much later in life than is typically the case. I was grown. An adult. With a family. I didn't have to go through any of the anguish that so many girls have done because they lived with it through puberty or even earlier. It was easy for me; I just sort of said, "Huh. Never knew that, but okay. That's who I am." 

The trouble was that I started experimenting. It escalated. I  began stealing more time to explore myself. I crossed lines. I realized that if I continued I'd keep escalating. So I stopped. Purged. Tossed all my outfits and (costume) jewelry and the rest just the way I'd aquired it: a bit at a time. Let my online identity go dormant.

A few years passed. I seemed to be dealing with my suppressed persona well enough, but it was always there; I was never without it. Then I happened across an article about Second Life.

That's Dillon's story. My story. Our identities have mingled so much we use the wrong names sometimes when we check our emails. The funny thing is, I've met such wonderful people and given and received so much affection that I sometimes lose sight of the reason I'm here in the first place. Almost.

I don't worry, though. Dillon's here to stay.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I joined Second Life  when I was bored during one of my vacations. I love getting to explore all these different sims and take pictures there. I love traveling to places created after real places I may never get to go to in RL. Then after awhile I decided to start blogging and doing flickr as a way to remember some of these places and of course clothes/accessories. I do love shopping! Then almost 2 months ago, I came across a posting here in the forums from a store wanting bloggers...I applied and I now I have my SL bestie that I never knew I needed in my life. Not only did I gain a close friend, I blog for her and also am the blogger manager for her. She's also kind of turned me into her store manager too lol.  

I've loved working with small store (who has since then moved into a larger shop and is part of next month's Girl Power event) and decided to apply at some other smaller stores to blog for and got accepted. Through doing this I've made new friends, explored new places, and they also have fed my shopping addiction lol. 

• Like 9

On 8/30/2018 at 8:34 PM, Dillon Levenque said:

I became aware of my transgender nature (and my bisexuality) much later in life than is typically the case.

I’m a real life Trans ally. My best friends are Trans, in fact had lunch with 6 of us today!

• Like 2

I'm a daddy's girl, I didn't know I was one or that I'd enjoy being in this kind of relationship until I met my daddy and we clicked instantly on the first day that we met. I tend to be on the shy end of the spectrum but if you say hi, I do respond and open up to people unless I'm busy or I failed to see it. I'm quite chatty once the conversation has picked momentum. I love to laugh and make people laugh. I prefer to surround myself with good vibes and positive energy, but I understand when someone is having an off day too. I currently "live" on a 3 sim tropical beach resort where I sometimes help the sim owner with estate stuff.

I like to explore interesting places, take photographs, go wandering along mainland streets and waterways just to see what is out there. I love sailing on my little catamaran and play songs from the Moana movie on repeat while doing so, especially the song "we know the way". *smiles sheepishly* .. I have other boats as well but the cat is my favorite. I go horseback riding, fly a helicopter, and drive a little carrot car sometimes too. I like to shop, attend interesting events, live performances, or just go dancing and talking. I've played several Madpea mystery games and enjoyed some of their themed hunts. I like decorating as well and there was a time when our parcel at home kept changing every few months because of this. Aside from having a human avatar, I sometimes transform into a tiny little bird and a mermaid when the mood hits me. I'm open to making friends that I can either hang out with, explore, have adventures with, or just someone to chat with and share interests and random talks.

Even though I'm not a newbie anymore, I still see Second Life with awe and wonder. I love the possibilities, the endless creativity, ingenuity and the sense of community that it brings.

• Like 7

I started my Second Life almost 12 years ago. An internet friend introduced it to me as "something I might like" and just kind of left me there after the first night. I probably would have stumbled along for a long time if it hadn't been for a couple that I met at the welcome area. She gave me some outfits and a flexi hair and they explained a few basics to me. Then I found all the freebie warehouses and started experimenting with fashion... sometimes badly. :D 

I also found a sim called Cyberpunk City in my travels and discovered that I liked industrial music... something I had never been exposed to before. While hanging out there, I met a new friend and after one of the sim managers chased us off a few times for putting down some seating to chill in, my friend took the initiative to rent a plot of land and throw up a small castle. He invited me to share the place and that was when I found out I knew nothing about texturing, lol... so many times he would log in and I'd have to ask him to fix what I messed up. Eventually he thought it was good idea to teach me a few things about that. After a while, he left SL, so I took over the full rent and stayed there until they sold the sim and I had to move. ?

Since then I've had 3 different homes, a small gothic furniture store (pre-mesh days) and briefly stayed in a free treehouse whilst in between homes. I've been partnered twice. One ended badly and the other was due to RL circumstances on his end. I'm SL single but not looking because I have someone in RL atm. I've had a select few good friendships over the years, but they've all since quit SL. I've been saddened over the loss of some favorite clubs over the years as well... The Ivy Tower goth club and Club Industry to name a couple, some good times there... and some favorite DJs and musicians who have also left.

But life goes on. I'm not anti-social, but I am kind of shy and a bit of a loner now. I identify with a lot of things that were mentioned in the introvert  thead.

I love decorating my place and my av.... and I take a lot of pics even though I'm an amatuer at it. I am a frugal spender nowadays, so I love group gifts, hunts and perusing the MP. Sometimes you get crap but every once in a while, you'll find a gem or something that works well with an existing outfit to switch it up a little. I spend a lot of time going to live music venues. There's three rock musicians that I follow regularly. Occasionally I'll go to a goth club on the weekend if I have time. And I like to explore and see some of the beautiful sims out there... and finding new photo spots. 

I've never really taken much of a break from SL because I love it here. I only have one male alt which I only bring out occasionally to dress up to take pictures with. Very rarely does he leave the apartment. I'm drama free and that's the way I like it. In RL, I'm from Northeastern US. Not much more of interest to tell there.

Anyway, happy to meet you all that have shared here. :) 

• Like 7

Who am I? hmmm... I'm not really sure myself.  I guess I'm just me.  I like all the girly stuff like unicorns and rainbows, pink and lace, romantic and stuffed animals.   I also like stuff that's Gothic, black, Steampunk, Victoriana, historical, sci-fi and just anything that catches my interest. 

I've been called quiet and reserved and I am...at first.  I tend to sit back and absorb stuff. I sit and watch and listen and don't really talk much.  Once I get comfortable around you,  I can be raunchy, talkative and flirty.  I'm very much an introvert, so letting people in is hard for me.  I have a lot of acquaintances and only a handful of people I actually call friends. 

A few friends introduced me to SL because they knew I loved playing dress up in pretty much every MMO I've ever played. ?  I also love shopping, so this is like the perfect place for me.  I stopped playing for a few years, as the only people I knew were my friends from other games, they quit and it just wasn't the same.  When I came back,  I was burned out from the MMOs I'd been playing and wanted to give this another chance.  I don't usually come to the forums on the games I play.  Something made me check the forums and post.  I was met with a lot nice people who welcomed me into the group.  I'm not that active on the forums, but I try to pop in now and then.

I tend to spend most of my time shopping, playing dress up and taking pics of the outfits.  I also spend time at a club run by friends I've made in game.  Every once in a while I'll go exploring.  If you ever need a shopping buddy, or trying to find an item on the MP, just ask.  I'll be more than happy to help out. :) 

• Like 6

I have been a SL resident since 2007. I first read about it in a local newspaper and was eager to try it out. And it didn't disappoint me. I used to stroll freebie shops and romantic dance venues for the first years of my SL.

Later i decided to become a mentor to guide the new users. It has been both emotionally investing yet rewarding experience. Then i took a break from mentoring and joined a combat community in SL called C:SI = Combat Samurai Island. We had clans and tournaments, it was a great way to make new friends. Of course there was a little bit of drama too. However i can say those were the best and most enjoyable years of my SL.

Lately i been involved in the fashion community of SL. I have founded my own fashion feed where i work as a middle man between the consumer and the designer, helping consumers to find the best products that there are. I also like to take pictures of different ladscapes and my own avatar. My flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/145622796@N06/  I don't log in as often as i used to but i still find SL pretty enjoyable.  

Edited by Jeny Howlett
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hi everyone

my name is Curse Smile aka Yellow

I think Curse look pretty, doesn't it?

I've been on SL for about 2 1/2 and I've been on and off partly due to RL school and work activities.

I got wind of SL because I used to play Perfect World international and I used to get ads about it and I was like hmm let me check it out. 

moving to the world of SL was different for me, I had mixed feelings for it, I still do but I've connected with a few people, I consider buddies and friends, 2 I've connected with RL who are cool in both worlds.

but it wasn't fun for me, at my newbie stage, I came to the drama-filled lifestyle in SL, I think the majority of residents come into that unless they already have friends of the family in SL. I came into the club scene, it was an opposite for me, cause I couldn't care less to be dramatic.

So now, I got a few close friends, I work as a hostess @ Frank's Elites, I'm not a fan of any 2-hour events, but Elites is an exception because I like the atmosphere and my coworkers.  I spent time with friends and families. and take selfies lol. At the moment I started blogging places I visit, you know like little finds. B/c there are so many sims out there, and there are some the sim owners really went all out, or put their own creativity in it. I hope to get into knowing the basics of building/creating clothes/ furniture just cause I wanna learn. But I'm in no rush, after all, there are people who have been in SL for 5 years+ and still look like a noob, and love it, so I'm focusing on my degree, getting that $$ RL and meeting new peeps, no pressure.

I know this is different for everyone, but if you're on SL and just wanna learn, enjoy the time you're online, chatting w/ new people, I say travel, say hi a profile you like and don't take things personally. Unlike RL, you can always turn off your laptop and computer and come back later.  And if you ever need help, there are surprisingly a lot of kind hearts who are willing to help you

• Like 3

Hi! I am Hippie Bowman. I build spaceships. I Dj. I perform live singing and keyboard playing.  I am the founder of Hippiestock and the Breakfast Club. My Rez day is August the 9th 2006. I am old but still a noob in many ways. If you want to get to know me, just contact be. Don't be shy. I don't bite. Hard that is!

Peace!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:
4954F253-E374-434C-B8E5-4BF339C5C498.thumb.jpeg.688dffa57c9cf6cf47625df9d5d0ac7a.jpeg
Sorry that this has been posted as a picture. I just wanted to use that font, but I don’t know the name of it! In the mobile, it says “Comic Sans MS” in here, but when I got on the computer, the font looks completely different! I became utterly unpleased when I saw my computer screen.

It looks very close to Zapf Fino (A TrueType version comes on macOS and iOS) - It's a *very* pricey front if the full version is purchased from the Foundry. There there are (copycat) freebies on the interwebs you can find (called Zapfino <-that's the clue it's a copycat). Not the same quality, but unless you're into fonts like I am you will likely not see the differences.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

It looks very close to Zapf Fino (A TrueType version comes on macOS and iOS) - It's a *very* pricey front if the full version is purchased from the Foundry. There there are (copycat) freebies on the interwebs you can find (called Zapfino <-that's the clue it's a copycat). Not the same quality, but unless you're into fonts like I am you will likely not see the differences.

I just looked up the said font. It’s not quite it, but I already found the font I was looking for. It’s the Roundhand Font.

1 hour ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

I just looked up the said font. It’s not quite it, but I already found the font I was looking for. It’s the Roundhand Font.

Yes, I knew it wasn't Zapf Fino proper, but close. :) Happy that you've found what you were looking for. Though if you're looking for something "in theme" - you may want to consider one of these: https://www.fonthaus.com/fonts/ThreeIslandsPress/Antiquarian/3I10126 (And again, there are freebies on the interwebs). :)

Edit to add: because it is actually based on real handwriting found on documents of the 16th through 18th centuries. :)

Edited by Alyona Su

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes, I knew it wasn't Zapf Fino proper, but close. :) Happy that you've found what you were looking for. Though if you're looking for something "in theme" - you may want to consider one of these: https://www.fonthaus.com/fonts/ThreeIslandsPress/Antiquarian/3I10126 (And again, there are freebies on the interwebs). :)

Edit to add: because it is actually based on real handwriting found on documents of the 16th through 18th centuries. :)

That’s nice. Well, my handwriting looks kind of like that. Sometimes I have troubles reading my own handwriting. I have 0 patience for writing.