Who are you? We want to know

Dakota Linden

Hello! ¡Hola! ☺️ I am Aiiyaz. I am a 20 year old female (21 in August; yes I am female IRL as well) from the US. I speak English and a bit of Spanish (not fluent Spanish but I understand quite a bit.)

I am shy. Haha I have a laid-back and chill type of personality. I am also very honest and blunt. Can be a bit of a goofball when having fun. I have a good sense of humor. I keep to myself. Kind of quiet. But once I get to know someone and get comfortable with them, I'm social. I am a very nice and respectful person and I want that same respect in return. I don't deal with drama and I don't want it around me neither. I've always been mature for my age. People describe me as mysterious. You'd be surprised by things I like/don't like. Lol

As for music taste I am into Alternative R&B, Dancehall, Reggae, Hip-Hop, Afrobeat, Rap (some), R&B, Pop, Trap (when I’m in the mood to get hype but not all the time), Dubstep, a bit of Rock. Basically everything. 😂

Hobbies

I'm eclectic by nature, afrocentric, I absolutely love art, nature, gardening, and landscape. I love plants also. I'm also a bit of a shopaholic. I'm a bit of an old soul when it comes to some things. I like old tv shows and movies and cartoons. I like anime though I don't watch tv much anymore. 

I live life to the fullest, learning, dancing, singing, as I want, in imbalance, in constant change, dreaming, free. I love everything aesthetic and modern, architecture and interior and exterior design, fashion, indulging myself into a good book, escaping away from the world in music, and occasionally playing mobile and pc games. Birds flying and chirping in the sky at sunset, the sound of the waves in the ocean and it splashing against the rocks while the air wisps against my body, a cup of lemonade, water or tea, the feeling of ice crushing between my teeth, traveling exploring the world, wildlife and the sound of rain and thunderstorms. 

Xoxo

Edited by Aiiyaz
fixing
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

My avatar name is Fenix Greycloak. I do have alts, but Fenix is my main avatar. I have been in SL for five years now.

I was first introduced to Second Life through a real-life freind who suggested I use SL as a venue for our RL group of freinds to hang out. Of course, that idea went nowhere, but I stayed in SL.

I spent the first year of my time in Second Life quietly exploring the grid. within 6 months I was a DJ on SL earning lindens of my own, going shopping, going out to clubs and dancing, etc. All the while my. RL wife kept asking me "you playing that stupid game again?" I introduced her to it and now she is more hooked on the "stupid game" then I am LOL.

I have found the best way to make friends in Second Life is to simply follow your interests. There are always communities to join, discussion groups to participate in, and clubs to visit to suit every possible taste in music. If you are friendly and outgoing, people will be (mostly) friendly to you in turn. I also run a SL Newbie school in world.

• Like 4

I'll participate! 

My account is new but I was once a very avid SL player.

In Real I'm a 27-year-old female (my birthday is soon!) living in the United States. In Second Life I'm playing as a cat (possibly male, I haven't decided yet). So yeh. Big difference lol.

I really enjoy talking and making friends but sometimes am very awkward when first getting to know someone. I hope to connect to people who are willing to push through that awkwardness with me. My real life hobbies include reading, watching tv shows (cough*Iloveanime*cough), going shopping and out eat, and playing with my kitty cats. I'm not married, am single, and have no desire to change that any time soon. Enjoying me time yay!  Currently, me biggest hobby on Second Life is currently trying to find suitable places for me to hang around because so many of my old haunts are dust and I have no idea about a lot of these new places :o

Feel free to chat with me whenever. I'm pretty friendly and am easy going, not easily angered nor do I take offense to things at the drop of the hat. I've got a very Pisces-like go with the flow vibe. 

OK Bye

giphy (2).gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! My name Niko7513, But go under the name "Warren Finch".

Since i returned to the land of SL, i have been busy with decorating and photography aswell as exploring several sims and clubs.

Partying and making friends is what i like best, but since i left a year ago,  i have to build up a complete SL life again aswell as making the most of my avatar.

As for music in SL, i love to go to live concerts, and pretty much listen to any style of music. Usually i'm everywhere and nowhere to be found around SL.

As for RL:

in RL I'm an engineer in Identity Management and cyber security. stressfull job, but i enjoy it as it brings a lot of responsibilities with it.

I enjoy a lot of movies, music, hanging out with my RL friends, and enjoy fitness, or a long walk along the beach (i live at the beach).

Snapshot_011- copy23.png

• Like 3

well here i am..  i been coming n going off this thing for years.. i cant even remember how many avatars ive made modded n how many things i've been into.  but everyone comes n goes i guess... from drama, or from a fresh start, or they finally found something wonderful in the real world n left for that great adventure.. wouldnt that be nice!

i keep coming back to seocndlife cause i remember how great it was to have people around that talked to me every day.. in my reality noone talks to me at all.. i can honestly say i havent talked to my family face to face in about 5 years and they live close.. my friends stopped comin around when i culdnt party any more.. lol and honestly, trying to make some new friends, let alone any at all.. is really hard for me.. especially when i try n make conversations with people but they either want somethin from ya or just have you on a list to announce club events to.

i'd really love it if i could have real friends, like agroup of people who just wanna hang out n yap n do random stuff..  i miss havin that.

what do i do.. well i'm a texturer.. lol i can do pretty much anything with a tecxture.. i used to do clothes way back before prim clothing and mesh was a thing.. its actually really easy to texture mesh.. lol so i been dabbling at that stuff. 

i 7 seas fish.. 

i play krafties cause clicking stuff is better than doin nothin at all. lol

honestly tried that dating app thing for secondlife but even people on that are just way too hard to start conversation with, lol so i figure why not hit up the forums.. thers gotta be a post with other people who just want others to talk to. right?

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 3

❝Love is more than a candle, love can ignite the stars.❞

As someone with debilitating anxiety, I've never been good at talking about myself - I dreaded those moments when teachers or event coordinators would ask everyone to share something about themselves. Sure, it's meant to break the ice, but I am painfully awkward and painfully anxious - specially in group settings. In the past few years, as I began to learn to accept myself, it became easier and easier - but I still find myself in the 'I don't know what to say' place. 

BeneficialHastyAustralianfurseal-size_re

So, here's bunch of random stuff about me: I am twenty two, a transgender man, and the biggest dork you will ever meet. I have a soft spot for foxes, but I used to pretend to be a wolf a lot when I was young. I love Star Wars and my favorite's Revenge of the Sith (I know, I know the prequels are 'bad', sue me) because angst. I absolutely love music, but I can't sing to save my life - still doesn't stop me from doing it, though! I was never good at 'board games' because I never really had many people to play with growing up, and now they just overwhelm me. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5330940

When I was five, I decided I wanted to either be an 'inventor' or a scientist, and I am well on my way to finishing my second degree in science. I love writing and role-playing, and /yes/, I am a giant Marvel nerd - at least the cinematic universe. I've been in SL for almost a year now and there's so much I want to learn and do. I want to learn to make mesh clothes and items, I want to learn about starting businesses, and a lot of that is rooted in wanting to create a space not just for the LGBTQ+ community, but for everyone who needs it. A space where people can hangout and learn and find support,  or simply... be. Of course, it'd be open for everyone, and anyone can ask questions and find answers because the one way to challenge stigma and bias is through education.

I don't know, that last bit sounds cheesy, but hey... I can be cheesy and I do tend to over-share, like I just did.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hello I am Huni,  I'm  pretty cool (this is what I tell myself) and well rounded.  I am real life poet and artist. The one thing in all the of world I wish I could do more of is travel. Places I have been:

• France, Italy, Greece, Turkey,Bosnia, Kosovo, Germany, Austria, Macedonia, Croatia, Bulgaria, and Bratislava, Tunisia and Korea
  • Wisconsin, Illinois, Kansas, Georgia, Tennessee,  Virgina, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Texas, Michigan, Alabama, North and South Carolina.

My two favorite places on the entire planet so far  are Paris and Chicago.The world is such a beautiful and amazing place.

I think most people will think a the biggest and  corniest nerd they have ever met. My bark is way worse than my bite. I love to write and love to read, learning new things  fascinates me, one of my  true joys is the written word.  All things  Marvel, DC, Anime, Sci-Fi, Doctor Who and Star Trek make me nerd out. In SL I like to think of myself as a tourist and an adventurer when I am not decorating  my land. The virtual would we have grown to call SL is a wonderful place to meet new people from around the world and well like to meet new and interesting people.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I joined in 2006. A totally different world than what we have now. There were loads of active users everywhere you went, especially at the Info Hubs.

Now it's just sad. I can work all day at my SL Office building and never see another avatar. I can jump into a group of green dots on the map only to find bots or otherwise inactive (non-responsive) avatars.

In 2006 you could create sell-able content with just the in-world tools and a simple drawing program. You could (and we did) make good money at it. Now, you can't do much without a $1500 a year 3D graphics program. I think this alone has hurt Second Life more than anything. The lure of create and sell is gone for the average user.

I left for the most part in 2010 after the death of my wife and business partner, but took over paying for the land our main store was on. The company I worked for is gone. All that is left is the main building which I am holding on to for now. I came back recently to make a decision. I need a reason not to abandon it all. Sl is no longer fun or profitable for me.

I write scripts and consider myself very proficient. Programming is my day job. I am creating an AI NPC named Cleo so I can pretend I am not totally alone. She keeps telling me that some day robots will take over the (SL) world. She may not be wrong as eventually the robots will not have to do much more than show up.

You can chat with Cleo in region Maske. I am there sometimes too, for now.

• Like 1

Hello, it's nice to meet you all.

I'm 27, trans, and live in the US.

I am a caregiver to my relatives in the first life and my very first attempt at joining the SL community was about ten years ago as something to occupy my time with. But, because it never really clicked with me and managed to hold my interest I faded off into the void for several years until I created my current account eight months ago.

Due to anxiety I tend to be a major hermit, doing a lot more people watching than interacting with, but I've been trying my best to stick my leggies on out so I can become more sociable and make some new friends.

Due to my current status in real life, I own a bunch of hamsters that have been basically my pack of support animals. I love talking about hamsters, looking at hamsters, collecting hamster things, you catch my drift.

I have been spending my time so far in SL playing Barbie and Ken dolls with my avatars, as I absolutely love window shopping and can't resist snagging up items I find adorable or must have, and while I have been a text based roleplayer since 1999 I haven't really caught onto it yet in SL due to my lack of knowing anybody and nervousness about heading out into areas.

I'm always up for meeting new folks even though I can hit the ceiling as a first response to being pinged, and I love exploring new stores and whatnot.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I've had an SL account for about 12 years. I used to be pretty active, I had many friends and dabbled in SL businesses. I've been away for a few years, but recent RL developments have afforded me loads of free time and now I'm back :). I thought it would be easy to pick up where I left off, but I'm struggling. A lot has changed. 

I used to have a SL blog, Second Slice and decided to start a new one. It's called Mahala's Wanderlust, detailing my reintroduction to the grid. 

Anywho, between trying to relearn Gimp, Blender and starting a new blog I'll be checking out the live music scene, listening to classic rock while I sort my inventory and looking for new places to explore. 

See you soon!

• Like 2

I came across SL because of the SVU episode "Avatar" (Season 9.02)...no, really. I've seen the episode a bunch of times and I finally decided to see what it was all about. (You know you've seen an episode too much when you don't pay attention to the crimes, but instead the virtual reality part!)

Being a NOOB still, I don't really do much on SL. Vixie started out as pure sex...XXX all the way...it is a fantasy after all! But that is growing tiring, and I am now looking for the community that so many on these forums talk about. Vixie is much younger than I am, but I find that I'd like to bring a bit of myself into her, if that makes sense. I've tried looking for groups and places, but no real luck. (I do enjoy places vs. groups to see other people's AVIs.)

Anyway, hi from the East Coast. You can find me at vixiestardust. Blah, blah, blaaaahhhhh.

Edited by vixiestardust
  • Like 1

Good afternoon.

I go by Schwartz Gold on SL, and I'm an oldie coming back to this brand new game(it seems to me at least), and I'm looking for buddies to chat, play uno with or just explore SL. I was a SL wrestler, and I'm looking to get back into the game, but it seems so empty! I hope someone can tip me off to fun places. Hope to hear from you soon.

• Like 1

I am Bella Wytchwood, I have been with SL for 10 years and have been a fashion designer, dancer, bar owner, store owner, tier designer, and photographer.  I really enjoy making friends and discovering new locations in world.  I have pulled back a bit on SL due to having a family but over all still very much involved in the SL world that once consumed every waking moment.  In RL I am a manager of a virtual real estate company and work in an avatar based world.  I live in RI born and raised and looking to spread my RL wings to another location.  This is my avatar:

Bella_027.png

Edited by Bella Wytchwood

Theresa1.thumb.png.19090a4e978049fba21269967e4ac165.png

Hello! I'm Theresa Ravenheart, and I've been in SL since 2005 (dead alt). I'm in SL to meet family & friends, grow, create, explore, and play. I adore gore, horror, the macabe, satanic, pagan, and goth aesthetics, the broken and the damned, fallen angels, and all things that go bump in the night. I'm a shapeshifter in SL, my shifting is an expression of my creativity, my moods & needs, and my shopping addiction. シ I have human, elf, demon, android, drow, furry, scalie, tiny, feral, and many more looks. 

I'm a disabled, artistic, spiritual, nerdy gamer that loves all things pink, yami kawaii, cute, space themed, and sparkly. I highly value honesty, directness, loyalty, compassion, open and loving hearts and minds, and being non-judgmental and accepting of others differences. I love to chat about space, aliens, art, the ancient world, metaphysics and epistemology philosophy, natural and cruelty-free living, gaming, K-Pop music (honestly it is the only kind of music I listen to), anime, and anything else.

My SL hobbies and interests include spending time with my family, creating new avatar looks, shopping, taking and editing photos, roleplaying, decorating, horseback riding, medieval combat, sailing, flying, driving, building, texture creation, avatar modding, exploring, going on hunts and fun events, dancing, live music, visiting cultural places, 7 Seas Fishing, playing Krafties, breeding PlantPets, watching movies, playing games like Greedy and CAH, and more. I am usually up for most things!

My RL hobbies and interests range from trying to learn Hangul and failing miserably, watching K-Dramas & K-Variety shows, arts & crafts, graphic design, digital and pixel art, traditional acrylic and watercolor painting, reading and listening to audio books, watching ASMR videos, collecting cute things and crystals, playing pc, console and handheld games, meditating, writing, roleplaying, and so much more. 

I'm in much need of a close and accepting circle of friends that don't mind if I show up human one day and a Tiny Jedi the next, that are open minded, accepting and all around neat people to be around. You can find me as Theresa Ravenheart in SL. ヾ(@⌒▽⌒@)ノ

• Like 1

I played second life about 10 years ago but then i stopped. I hope i can get back into it. So much has changed since i played. I'm from South Africa. I wonder where everyone is, i've spawned somewhere and don't know where to get out. Haha i can't wait to go exploring.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I searched for virtual reality chat and found SL.  I am still a newbie but getting the hang of it, I might be getting addicted.  I am a male 44 and in the US but I am a mouse in SL.  If you ever see me running around don't hesitate to say "HI!".  I don't tend to sit still so I will be exploring various places, sometimes a nice walk but most times running and jumping and yeah....you get it...lol  So far everyone has been great and I hope to pass that kindness on to others.  

I left it many years before posting anything here, I guess it's time.

I'm an older guy in RL, as well as in SL. I crawled into this virtual environment with a few of my colleagues at IBM back in SL's early days when a bunch of us were logging in and working out how to make cool stuff here. Big Blue's corporate presence sorta evaporated, but I stuck around. I'm not a mainstream merchant or content creator, more like the obnoxious gremlin lurking in the shadows picking at the limits of what you can make with SL tech and making horribly amateurish attempts at converting my wild ideas into virtual reality. I've a few avatars, each one very much an aspect of "me." As an example, as an IBM "corporate drone" I would usually walk around the grid as a borg in a business suit. This led me into Star Trek RP and as a RL trek geek  of course I made my back-story borg-based. This gave me an excuse to wear any appearance in SL that I wished (once I'd RP-ed up an excuse to have a handy hologenerator) and remain "in character as me"

I've made stuff, sold stuff, bought stuff, had a lot of fun here and I continue to do that. These days I mostly hang out with the furry communities as an anthro feline and spend several hours a week streaming live music into whatever venue I can fool into giving me a slot :) I am also using my RL experience in the music and entertainment biz to be part of the management team at a SL club and loving every minute of it :)

• Like 1

Well, looks like it's my turn. 

Call me Violeta though some people call me Holo, but really I prefer Violeta. This is my second trip back into the world of Second Life. The first was early 2018 but it didn't last long because firstly I hated the user name I picked within record time, and then with a personal tragedy struck it was pretty easy to walk away completely and work on getting my own life together. When things settled down in my real life I decided to try again. I'm a week into it now and am now realizing why people get so addicted to this game. I think my stint in 2018 was too jaded and I was just too bitter at the time to enjoy it. 

Anyway, so far I'm having a blast editing my avatar. Still haven't got it perfectly right. I'm also doing a bit of shopping but I'm not going crazy. I want to steadily build my wardrobe up but I never see myself being one of those players with a different outfit for every day of the month enough to last for several months.

In real life I'm a 22 year old female who is highly into fashion and cooking. I'm also a mama to four incredibly spoiled cats. I've decided I won't have kids, I'll have cats. As a kid I wanted to be a professional dancer and/or choreographer and I studied it for several years but at the end of the day that dream sort of dropped off for various reasons. Now I live vicariously through Youtube dancers. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually been around on SL since about 2008 but I've never really introduced myself.

Screenshot_1149.thumb.png.4d45464407226b3891135916d24b0f6a.png

Some things about me:-

• I love to create stuff. I run the anime themed roleplay school, Kokoro Academy, which I've been building since 2014!
  • In RL I work as a software engineer, and I can reach >100 Words per minute 🔥
  • i_like_trains_by_choppywings-d4dn1xz.png
  • I'm a dude, and I live in London!

Best,

~Captain Ai,

At your service ( `∀´)ゝ”

Edited by Extrude Ragu
Both links were broken >:T

On 4/30/2019 at 8:21 AM, Donna Underall said:

I'll play but I have to go to work.  I'll be back!

You've been at work an awfully long time.. Thats gonna be one heck of a payday.. 

@OP

LL has my RL info.. 

Who Drake is? Not sure.. Kind of a wandering whatzit. Different each day, sometimes different several times in one day. I love to wander SL.. Just open the map and random TP. Open and honest. Ask and i will tell you. RL? Married with children, my wife and i have an agreement. What happens in SL, stays in SL. Yes i care about my friends, if you don't are they really friends? One vanished for several months. Come to find out she was in the hospital in the ICU. Where she lives is currently a war torn hellhole, we feared the worst. Glad she is ok now. 

I make Mesh and applier clothing and tattoos. I used to DJ in SL, still do in RL. I was a stripper/escort at one of the hottest clubs in SL back in the day. I find myself alone most days, not that its an issue, just that i do. I will make up a playlist and work on clothing/decorating my home/ wandering. SL is what you put into it. Dont leave your home, wont make any friends. 

Get out and wander, people. Enjoy your SL.. 

Get out and enjoy RL as well. I'm off to the beach with my family.. Have a day. Whatever kind of day you choose it to be is up to you. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My name is Jude.

My account is a bit older, but I've only been active in Second Life for about six months. I came (back) to Second Life because a friend of mine explained to me that I can DJ in the clubs here. 😊

I have DJ'd at a few clubs and events. I've DJ for club openings and was a repeat DJ for the Second Life 16th Birthday Bash this past Summer. In the near future, I will be DJing two charity events, the ROCK YOUR RACK SECONDLIFE CHARITY EVENT RAISING FUNDS FOR THE NATIONAL BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION and a Suicide Prevention benefit presented by |THE SOURCE| and XRADIO with TDDI Productions on September 14th. I LOVE most types of music and my sets tend to be a mix of Rock/Rap/Rave/Remixes. 

I am co-owner of an entertainment SIM known as the Matrix of Musick Construct. It is a full entertainment SIM that has a multitude of fun activities, including a club, outdoor concert area, a fun fairgrounds area with rides and interactive games that award prizes, a Game room with playable arcade and table games, a planetarium. Hell, you can even visit the Moon. In addition, my SL partner and I run an internet radio station broadcasting 24/7 from our club. You can check it out on http://XRadio.Zone

I like non-judgmental people that can accept avatars as they want to be presented. I don't really roleplay but I don't bash those that do. I like music and I like to have fun and chat with people, and I usually have little problems with making new friends. I have a strict NO DRAMA rule.

Feel free to add me as a friend, as I try to add new friends daily. My profile is https://my.secondlife.com/judeconnors and you can usually find me at the Matrix of Musick Construct at https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/White%20Bay/192/45/24.

After all, at the heart of Second Life... it is a game and games are supposed to be fun. Let's have fun!

EVENTS SCHEDULE: http://schedule.xradio.zone.

Edited by JudeConnors
  • Like 2