Who are you? We want to know

Dakota Linden

On 4/22/2020 at 9:32 AM, 1GoldenHoney said:

So I keep it nice and short. I am 2 months in of playing SL. I love bowling and going to the different clubs on SL. I love all types of music except Hard Rock. I am looking for new friends and one that I find is helpful is by having house parties and asking ppl to bring someone new. Anyways, if you are looking for a new friend to hang out with inworld, I am 1goldenhoney. Thanks. 

Snapshot ex_002.jpg

love your...um..blouse.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

I am a writer and musician. I work as Head Moderator for a forum.

I really like my life set, I am very chill and well. I work from home on my computer so I have a lot of time to play video games such as SecondLife that I spend most of my time periodically. I have a lot of time but short on resources, my income is provided by the provincial governmental disability program.  I claim to be an extraterrestrial alien which provided me a serious mental health diagnosis. I do not consider myself that disabled from it. They just don't believe me...

I like to make new friends and follow them in their path as a supportive pall.

One thing I love the most is to commission artist for custom work. I have a good collection of art! In SecondLife I have not hire much artist yet though but I spent quite a linden at the market place. I have only played a few months so far so I don't always know how to find where is the fun. O.o 

I have a lot of interest for video production/editing and also making animated gif from them.

Before I left the normal employment market 10 years ago to work privately as freelancer under contract, I was working from Garbage to desk office. I did many jobs of sales, customer service or technical support. I had issues fitting jobs that I was jumping from one to one other... Until I found a different way that was not as financially profitable but I was happier and satisfied! I have a story that I made my RolePlay, but for me it is real.

I have worked in development of next generation of technologies under signed non-disclosure agreement which bound me to silence about something that will show up within the next 10-15 years. It is not a secret but I could be called a conspirator to point it out as experiencer of testing. I am not worried about the future of video games such as virtual realities and simulations. I just hope the platform will be compatible with what is coming for our children to play with in a short future.

I invest a lot of my time and effort in here when I am on a project and I try to keep it professional.

• Like 2

Welcome to SL! Heres my intro, 14 years later. If you are smart, lgbtqia+, love music or a misfit who dont fit in, come and drop me a line in game. I been here for along time, and SL is my home away from home. I will try and keep an open mind for you, if you try and do the same. I prefer mutual respect over mutual disagreement, and I think mistakes are learnig opportunities, in life as in SL. I try and stay fairly anonymous, but everything is fairly clear in my profile if your curious. 

Edited by Maddness Axon
spelling ofc
  • Like 4

I find it not so easy to make friends on SL.  By friends I mean more than acquaintences.  Some people are befriending you to add to their invite list because they DJ or host at a club. I had one person befriend me because she saw me as some kind of project that needed fixing :(. She proved to be no friend at all.  I have no time or patience for "fake friends" but it seems to be the norm here in SL. Too many people treat others in SL as if they are disposable. 

• Like 2

Hey all! I'm a 25 year old female from New York.  I am somewhat fairly new to SL. I've been on and off SL with many different avatars, but I never stayed on long enough to gather a full experience of all that SL is possibly due to lack of creativity, boredom, and no one to really talk to. I hope during this run on SL I can be able to meet some new people whom I can possibly have a meaningful conversation with as it felt during my previous attempts on here, people really didn't talk much or didn't want to meet up with me on here all that often. 

My SL hobbies are very far few in between, as I know there's so much out there, but I just haven't explored it yet. But some of the things I do like are shopping, and trying on demos to try out looks I'd put on my avi in the future.

Something I hope to do in SL which I've heard about from other around here is roleplay (in sci fi, maybe even an anime based world [feel free to give suggest of cool RP in world) and run my own sim (with a club or something of the like)

My RL interest include: Watching Anime, Wrestling (mainly All Elite Wrestling at the moment), video games, and writing (although my creativity seems to be lacking in this quite often. I don't know whether it's writer's block, burnout with dealing with my mental health over a long time period, or just something completely different) I've been trying to find my passion or something I'm good at. And coincidentally, something I use to be good at was creating characters on other virtual world sites. But alas, that creativity has come and gone.  However, with my umpteenth time here on SL, I hope I can make an impact and not only do something creative here, but also to make some fun connections on here! So feel free to hit hit me up! Even if I'm a bit socially awkward in RL... lol

*Also would love to make friends w/ people in the LGBTQ+ community as I'm exploring my sexuality and would love to connect and maybe build a community with people.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone!

IRL, I'm a straight, cis-gender female ally in my late 20s and living in the Midwest (Central time zone). I'm very very new to SL - I remember checking it out briefly about a decade ago, and decided not to get into it. Well, this time my decision was the opposite! I'm excited to be here, and to explore all this world has to offer. 

I'm still learning the basics of how to move, how to interact, how to put on and take things off of my avatar - yesterday was my first foray into AOs! - but I feel like I'm picking it up decently quickly, and I'm also really enjoying myself. It's a nice distraction from the state of the "real world," which is honestly quite stressful. 😅

I would love to connect with others from around the world, male or female (or anywhere in between), any age, any race, any... anything! All I ask is that you're polite, kind, and speak English pretty well (as that's the only language I speak). If you're a seasoned veteran of SL, even better - you can show me where to go and what to do to have the best time!

Hobbies when not on SL include arts/crafts, listening to music, reading all the words, writing all the words, and playing with my two puppies. 

Thanks for taking the time to read - I hope to hear from you! 💕

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VeroniqueValiquette said:

Hello, everyone!

IRL, I'm a straight, cis-gender female ally in my late 20s and living in the Midwest (Central time zone). I'm very very new to SL - I remember checking it out briefly about a decade ago, and decided not to get into it. Well, this time my decision was the opposite! I'm excited to be here, and to explore all this world has to offer. 

I'm still learning the basics of how to move, how to interact, how to put on and take things off of my avatar - yesterday was my first foray into AOs! - but I feel like I'm picking it up decently quickly, and I'm also really enjoying myself. It's a nice distraction from the state of the "real world," which is honestly quite stressful. 😅

I would love to connect with others from around the world, male or female (or anywhere in between), any age, any race, any... anything! All I ask is that you're polite, kind, and speak English pretty well (as that's the only language I speak). If you're a seasoned veteran of SL, even better - you can show me where to go and what to do to have the best time!

Hobbies when not on SL include arts/crafts, listening to music, reading all the words, writing all the words, and playing with my two puppies. 

Thanks for taking the time to read - I hope to hear from you! 💕

what music, what arts, what crafts? I'd like to make some Native American crafts.

48 minutes ago, BeautifulXu said:

what music, what arts, what crafts? I'd like to make some Native American crafts.

For music, I tend towards pop and alternative/emo. Arts and crafts - I've tried almost everything! Right now I'm getting into embroidery, but I've done jewelry making, paper crafting (including scrapbooking), crochet, knitting, coloring... the list goes on and on.

3 hours ago, VeroniqueValiquette said:

For music, I tend towards pop and alternative/emo. Arts and crafts - I've tried almost everything! Right now I'm getting into embroidery, but I've done jewelry making, paper crafting (including scrapbooking), crochet, knitting, coloring... the list goes on and on.

where can I see examples? these all sound great!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I recently had my 12th (!) rezzday inworld. I made a longer pause and came back in August last year for a short while, and am back for good since late March this year. SL had changed since my first steps this long ago XD About me: most time i look like a neko, but can be a tiny hippo, or Loco skunk, or or or. I like the fact of transforming! Most time I stay around at my home. And cause I am shy and introverted - making friends isn't that easy for me at all. I like to travel around SL, explore beautiful places and SIMs. I like live concerts, so I am always on the hunt for a good performer.

If you fetch me online - drop an IM and start chatting :)

• Like 1

I breathe. I eat pizza. I'm Batman!😎🦇

Big shout out and thanks again to @Orwar for sticking that in my head the other day. lol With out him the thought of posting this screenshot would not have been possible. Lmao!!!!😎🦇

Batman.jpg.a67598db0a67682835b5f858c3057bb0.jpg

*Cues the dramatic music as I swoop down on another slice of pizza!*🦇

*Cues my Batman theme song that keeps me in competitive mode in Fortnite next.*🦇

Enjoy! lol😎🦇

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, My name is Ssam Rayna, I am looking for new friends, girls only,  as a lot of my old friends have left SL

I love shopping & looking for freebies & hunts, we all need nice outfits.

I am a girly girl, a lesbian, like to meet other lesbians, bi etc, enjoy a good dance, flirt a lot (giggle).

Nice to hang out & see where it goes & have a good time.

Look forward to meeting you, please IM me or notecard, as IM's are capped, as usual

Ssam XX

Hiya! I am shivie and IRL I am 19 years old and I have been in SL for like, 5 months so I am KINDA new. Also I am a blogger/photographer In sl and I love shopping lol. I never found a lot of people I really vibe with, so if you're crazy like me feel free to your me up inworld!

• Like 1

Who is I? I ask myself the same thing everyday!

I've been absent from SL since 2018, well.. On this account anyways.  It served as an alt for awhile till I stopped logging in, it got hacked and I recently recovered it.  I haven't logged in-world just yet, well not for long anyways.  I have to re-do a lot of my avatar..  But, now I'll make myself known since this will be my new home.

I haven't decided as to what exact name I want to be refered to as, I've been hard at work trying to find myself, which has started with a FB account seperate from my family/friends as that is when you begin to see who you are since you won't have that expectation.   At least that's how it's been for me.

I've decided that I'm extending that to my SL as well.  So, here I am! On an account I've done diddly-squat on, except use it as a holder for rare gachas till I sold them.

I do like seeing who I actually am and I hope others will tag along on this journey!  I'm excited to be starting this new chapter of who I am and I hope to have some friends to come along the way.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi People!  Pansy here, I am just over 5 years old(61 in 1st life).  I enjoy playing skippo and greedy and a few other games while chatting in voice.  I am a Christian so don't participate on the x rated side of sl.  I used to play golf, boat and fly a helicopter on here but haven't done that in a long time.  If you want to come chat or just hang out with some great tunes I love to hang out at Bray's Place Blues club, its a fun interactive club which welcomes all kinds of SL beings as long as you keep your private parts covered. Though mainly fantastic Blues music there are beach, meadow and ballroom venues which offer other styles of music different days of the week.  If I am not there don't worry most everyone who goes there likes to chat in local and have a good time. Hope to see you there, don't be shy come and say hi!

Hi I'm Alix, I'm 24. I've been on here for about 3 months now. I was lucky enough to join when a lot of stores were giving away gifts for everyone being stuck at home; Because of this, I've had a pretty good experience on here so far (I seem to have skipped a lot of the aesthetic newbie growing pains I've heard others talk about).

I enjoy exploring random places and listening to music (my taste in music is kind of all over the place as I've always been exposed to a variety of it). I like to go hunting for freebies and find myself decorating my small but comfy place a lot. As RL bleeds over to SL, I end up gravitating towards wearing e-girl and k-pop inspired fashion. I like to play video games (primarily on my PS4 as my computer is basically a potato but still manages to run SL decently). I enjoy writing, though I don't necessarily fancy myself becoming a RPer in most casual settings.

I am pretty openly bisexual in both RL and on here, so I appreciate being in the company of anyone who is part of or at least an ally to the LGBTQIA+ community. I primarily work from home (especially as of now due to everything going on in the world) so admittedly, there are some times I'll just leave SL running on my desktop computer so I have something to keep me entertained on my breaks (though I always make sure to put up an auto-response message!).

I haven't quite found my 'purpose' on here as of yet so I find myself dabbling in whatever seems like fun at the time. Currently I've been trying to learn how to do a bit of photography and dancing. I'm still learning about what is fully capable of being done on SL so admittedly, most things tend to leave me genuinely surprised or wowed (mainly because my only prior knowledge of SL up until recently was seeing old, outdated info from years ago. So I wasn't quite sure what to expect). I know there's still so much on here I haven't seen or experienced and that seems pretty interesting to me. I'm fine with any age or gender reaching out to me as long as you feel we might have some things in common - would love to find some cool, relaxed people to enjoy my time here with!

Edited by alixxilhice
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 9:01 AM, 1GoldenHoney said:

936707936_Snapshot_DaVinciGardensKalepa(212352858)-General.png.a8fe4b1c6aed0951c731360d1002cb14.png

I guess I am still considered new to SL with so many people that has Rezzed years ago. 3 months in and I am still learning the game. Currently hosting at Fallen Angel BDSM and love the music and ppl there. Recently bought a house and occasionally throw themed house parties just in hopes that ppl will come so that I can make new friends and have fun. 28 in rl but realizes that doesn't matter in SL because I am still to young to get into places. If you have any suggestions on amazing places to hang out that is not empty (don't want to be the only one there  )  then send me an in world invite to 1goldenhoney. Oh and newly into photography with Photo shop which is cool. So drop tips if you have them. 

hi 1GoldenHoney ! I want to learn photography with Photoshop. I need to make a Chinese avi. tse tse!