SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Aha!  For those who have a wearable boat, or swimming anims in their AOs, I'm thinking this release will still be a very immersive event! (so to speak)

1704015170_fantasyregion.png.b0c400ef372

There is a boat rez zone on the west side of the small island in Hanshin region. We can do a grand boat parade from there to Barneys Fief - when the gates open. 😁
🚤...🚢...🛥️...⛴️...🛳️...even helicopters with floats will do 🚁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moles
2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think green means 'all good to go'.

It does but... without ruining the mystique, its one of the first colors - so thats up before the majority of the team even touches a region, way way before QA even has to think of that region existing.:)

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Moonstruck Mole said:

It does but... without ruining the mystique, its one of the first colors - so thats up before the majority of the team even touches a region, way way before QA even has to think of that region existing.:)

Oh, I sort of remember now -- Green is early on and red means DO NOT DARE to touch this as all has been finalized, I think. So yellow & orange and who knows what else are possibly different Building and QA stages.

Someone, one of the Moles I think, did give us a meaning of a few of the colors way back around Camper or Victorian times - if someone is brave enough to go searching through threads.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
15 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

And?  AND???  The Moles are bringing their teasing to new and excruciating heights!!  😱 😱 😱

Well I could explain.. but if I do that, I can't focus on getting Fantasy released. I'm sure everyone would agree that the option is that I'll continue working on the regions. Just keep watching those pretty colors! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

28 minutes ago, Squeaky Mole said:

Well I could explain.. but if I do that, I can't focus on getting Fantasy released. I'm sure everyone would agree that the option is that I'll continue working on the regions. Just keep watching those pretty colors! 

/me passes Squeaky and the other moles some ice cold water, cucumber sandwiches, and cheese (with caffeine added to all) to fuel all that hard work they are doing to get the new theme released "really very soonish"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Moonstruck Mole said:

:D Right, and sometimes more colors get added depending on the theme or what has to be done to them - so that confuses it all a bit further. :D

Very individualized and articulated. Only moles are smart enough to understand all this confusing stuff! 

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

Current map, as show in the viewer (Firestorm):

GlimmerBelle210806.thumb.png.e0671079e985cc3a96e475892a6a57bd.png

The lighter border all around was added by me, to highlight the possible coastal region additions…

Yeah, they've said this theme will not connect to any other land, so it probably won't extend out much more to the left on the map.They could of course extend more out to the right. But what you have shown has a nice 'done' feeling, so I'm sticking with that guess😁

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Yeah, they've said this theme will not connect to any other land, so it probably won't extend out much more to the left on the map.They could of course extend more out to the right. But what you have shown has a nice 'done' feeling, so I'm sticking with that guess😁

They did say that but that leaves me mystified as to why locate the new area so close to existing land, it's not like they don't have a lot of the grid to play with. My hope is that they have changed the plan to having one or two connesctions with existing land so we could see the new land over the void water and maybe sail/fly in at a couple of locations. I get that they need to retain the fantsay immersion so maybe it's just so close on the map to let us know it's there 🤨

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lloyd Overland said:

They did say that but that leaves me mystified as to why locate the new area so close to existing land...

I'm sure that Patch gave the reason why but I can't remember now. It was at one of the interviews this year (Meet the Lindens maybe at the last SL18B), so you might be able to find it on Youtube.

EDIT: Found it, see my post below.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Thanks 1

If anyone wants to revisit the concept for the theme as envisioned by the team Patch talks about it in this interview (I'd forgotten already most of what he said back then). It includes the mention about the Fantasy continent being stand alone from 29.:25: The whole converstation about the new theme starts from 23:25.

Patch says in the interview it will be a standalone subcontinent. He says we will eventually be able to sail across to it but at the time of the interview they hadn't finalised exactly where it was going to sit on the map, and so they weren't quite sure how close to the other lands it would be yet (we can see their final decision now of course). The overall aim was not to have this theme sitting amongst the other ones (in the way that say campers blend with logs in places) because the theme doesn't blend well. The aim was for release in a couple of months (interview was in June) with the hint of a really grandscale awesome community center (that might not be ready at release).Perhaps one (or more) of those regions which looks completely filled with vegetation and no homes might be for that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Patch says in the interview it will be a standalone subcontinent. He says we will eventually be able to sail across to it but at the time of the interview they hadn't finalised exactly where it was going to sit on the map, and so they weren't quite sure how close to the other lands it would be yet (we can see their final decision now of course). The overall aim was not to have this theme sitting amongst the other ones (in the way that say campers blend with logs in places) because the theme doesn't blend well.

I'd love it to be something like 2-4 water regions from anything else in all directions - so you sail, and sail, and sail, and eventually you come across this mysterious new land....

Ooh. Wonder if on water sims, our lovely moles could do something like the entire continent being shrouded in fog, that you have to pass through to see it?

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Alan Cyr said:

I'd love it to be something like 2-4 water regions from anything else in all directions - so you sail, and sail, and sail, and eventually you come across this mysterious new land....

Ooh. Wonder if on water sims, our lovely moles could do something like the entire continent being shrouded in fog, that you have to pass through to see it?

OMG a fog shrouded region would be awesome, maybe dotted with hints of the lands ahead like the odd sandbank type thing with  a few crystals or mushrooms on them. Someone suggest some boats earlier somewhere - that would be so cool too, like the elven boats in Lord of the Rings. We already have the ferry boats at Bellisseria Fairgrounds, fantasy ferry boats to take you to the Fantasy homes would be great.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lloyd Overland said:

They did say that but that leaves me mystified as to why locate the new area so close to existing land, it's not like they don't have a lot of the grid to play with. My hope is that they have changed the plan to having one or two connesctions with existing land so we could see the new land over the void water and maybe sail/fly in at a couple of locations. I get that they need to retain the fantsay immersion so maybe it's just so close on the map to let us know it's there 🤨

Although I really liked the idea of it being self contained, I do think the prospect of two points of contact to be able to travel to it is a good one.

Connection or not, it HAD to be placed close to Bellisseria in order to be a part of it. With Zindra (the adult continent) so far away from the rest of the mainland and Linden Homes, it really is easy to forget it’s there, and I’ve often noticed a ‘them and us’ mentality in posts relating to it from residents of both sides. That’s really not something that I’d like to see for Bellisseria. :) 

• Like 2