SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

On 8/4/2021 at 12:02 AM, Nika Talaj said:

It looks to me that there is something unique about the water in the fantasy continent.  I cannot swear to it, because the map isn't fully updated, but ... all the creeks and streams ... am I wrong or are they completely interconnected, like the road networks in other continents?  The campers have a lot of streams and creeks, but they are not fully interconnected.  It looks to me as if, except for a few tiny ponds, you can get between any two points on the continent via a meandering boating expedition.

The only possible blockages might be posed by dense vegetation in regions like Mirror Pond, Toad Pool, Jacksprite ... it will be interesting what is actually under those canopies!

Get your leaf-canoes ready!  GlimmerBelle waterways are not deep, but they look EXTENSIVE.

The SL18B demo area had some bizarre glitches with the waterways, but if they can do this it would be good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

My prediction is........FRIDAY!!

I felt that too - this Friday at 10am their time (meaning 6pm my time). I would love a cryptic clue from them as to when the charity region I bid for will appear or even where - I really want to get started on it :)

Hint hint hint!!!!!!!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, LoganPryor said:

I predict it'll be Monday 16th August as i have a CT scan scheduled for then and so going to be well away from my PC

It would appear that Patch is saying that he will be busy this weekend. With what, one could wonder. With what indeed? 
(Click the pic to read the description that Patch added to this pic)

Looking for pet sitter...

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Moles
22 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I am looking right now, and it really looks like there aren't even houses rezzed--just parcel boundaries and the transparent house marker thingies.

Point of information:  we have a tool that can clear all the houses on a region or repopulate an empty region with houses within a minute or so. The landscaping and decorating teams use it a lot -- they need the houses there so they know what the region looks like but they need to be able to remove and replace them to keep track of the various different LI budgets.   

So at any random point between now and the heat death of the universe (i.e. soon™) someone can press the button and make it start raining houses.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

It would appear that Patch is saying that he will be busy this weekend. With what, one could wonder. With what indeed? 
(Click the pic to read the description that Patch added to this pic)

Looking for pet sitter...

🐉I would be happy to be proven wrong if it's this week and not next week

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

Point of information:  we have a tool that can clear all the houses on a region or repopulate an empty region with houses within a minute or so. The landscaping and decorating teams use it a lot -- they need the houses there so they know what the region looks like but they need to be able to remove and replace them to keep track of the various different LI budgets.   

So at any random point between now and the heat death of the universe (i.e. soon™) someone can press the button and make it start raining houses.

I GOT MY UMBRELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I couldn't resist...

FHomes.thumb.gif.c39e011e31af98af48573a4f913cc144.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19

18 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

My prediction is........FRIDAY!!

Have they ever done a release of a new theme on a Friday? 

I've not kept track, but given the issues that often pop up with new theme releases, I'd think that Fridays would be a day they would avoid.

• Like 3

On 8/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Looking at the map there is an awful lot of water, albeit small waterways, but it's way more than I expected. I wonder what's happening up at SSPE2539 - no home there and it doesn't look like it's and edge they will add onto (whereas the others are all unfinished edges - they've said their method is to build outwards, adding the edge regions last, like they're doing with the stil areas).

Fantasy.jpg.d927990966f4adcef406c8fc1bfdf62d.jpg

Now that the map has updated some more over the fantasy homes it seems that another water edge has appeared at Barneys Fief which COULD perhaps be a tell-tale for a link to @Lloyd Overland's favourite fantasy region lookout spot, Hanshin.

Could SSPE2539 and Barneys Fief be the 'portals' in and out of the new region perhaps?

1704015170_fantasyregion.png.b0c400ef372d8c2b20f8aadb0a6caffa.png

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Have they ever done a release of a new theme on a Friday? 

I've not kept track, but given the issues that often pop up with new theme releases, I'd think that Fridays would be a day they would avoid.

Not that I can remember. Seems a bit silly, as if something goes wrong on the weekend.. well.. most of them are off.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sister Nova said:

Now that the map has updated some more over the fantasy homes it seems that another water edge has appeared at Barneys Fief which COULD perhaps be a tell-tale for a link to @Lloyd Overland's favourite fantasy region lookout spot, Hanshin.

Could SSPE2539 and Barneys Fief be the 'portals' in and out of the new region perhaps?

1704015170_fantasyregion.png.b0c400ef372d8c2b20f8aadb0a6caffa.png

Hanshin is the place to see the new homes to from the void, I'm sure of it 'sometime' :)

And it certainly looks like there is something a little different to both Barneys Feif and SSPE2539

image.thumb.png.cdcf73216785471419b33f0e3a1c0d7e.png

image.png.41c322a42feeb39788af0dc90c7ab613.png

• Like 6

On 8/3/2021 at 9:50 AM, Jadziyah Nova said:

Viewing party won't quite be the same though without the land connection. The previous ones have been fun community events

Aha!  For those who have a wearable boat, or swimming anims in their AOs, I'm thinking this release will still be a very immersive event! (so to speak) 

Party on!

Oh, and does anyone have an idea as to what those red stripes are, off the coast of Barneys?  Kinda thin for docks.

1704015170_fantasyregion.png.b0c400ef372

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Aha!  For those who have a wearable boat, or swimming anims in their AOs, I'm thinking this release will still be a very immersive event! (so to speak) 

Party on!

Oh, and does anyone have an idea as to what those red stripes are, off the coast of Barneys?  Kinda thin for docks.

1704015170_fantasyregion.png.b0c400ef372

I’m hoping bridges made of shimmering light - a perfect way to arrive in a fantasy location filled with lights.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Sorry if this has already been answered many times but what do the different color borders above the unreleased regions mean?  Does each color identify some stage of completion to the Moles?  Or nothing?

If memory serves correctly, they indicate whether or not the region has passed QA or at what stage of testing and readiness they are.  I think green means 'all good to go'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3