SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

2 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

You're really funny, I like to read your posts lol

I hope you get the best location in all the fantasy regions, you really deserve it with all this enthusiasm : D

Thank you! You’re a sweetheart. Patch said not “today” but elsewhere in the world it’s tomorrow already. So maybe not “today” but now? Lol jk 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I am looking right now, and it really looks like there aren't even houses rezzed--just parcel boundaries and the transparent house marker thingies.

Looking carefully, yes, I also see just parcel boundaries, not homes.  But look at Buttercup Meadow, I see a single house there.  IMHO that's just because the map catches up so slowly. The map has SUCH hysteresis - you know how regions seem to still be visible on the map long after they're gone.  I'll bet you anything the houses are there, and we just don't see them yet.

Anyway, Patch has said no release today.  I suppose they COULD release on Thursday or Friday - but they've never released a new theme late in the week (I assume that's because of possible support headaches over the weekend if things don't go well, but who knows).  He also said no to

23 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I would say that at the earliest it will be 2 weeks from now.

So, perhaps next week, Mon-Wed?  Or maybe he meant even later, late August or September.

In scheduling this, of course, Patch has to take into account more issues than just SL timing, and we have no visibility into those issues.  Vacation schedules, school year ... many US school systems start the school year in August, and this year may be more ... um ... exciting than most, after a year of remote learning.  Atlanta, for example starts public school on August 9th (next Monday); San Francisco starts Monday Aug 16th (of course I'm choosing cities COMPLETELY at random!). 

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Or maybe he meant even later, late August or September.

I don't think Patch really gave anything away as to when the release might be. He said "no, try again" - whatever that means lol. So perhaps next week, or next month, or the month after...

They seem to have a lot going on regarding the new homes - still unreleased chalet, log and stilt regions, plus finishing the edges of the continents. We don't know what order of priority all that is. The region is big. If those homes haven't been placed yet (i.e. the map is correct as it stands) , then I'd say it might take longer than that - that is if they are going to place all the homes before releasing any regions. Maybe they'll just roll out a few as and when they are done. My guess is that it won't be within the next week or two.

All fun speculation, and something to entertain the Moles and Patch:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

23 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Definitely not. I would say that at the earliest it will be 2 weeks from now. The Moles still have a lot of QA to do an in regions that contain as many scripts as the Fantasy regions do (not just the homes this time, but also the landcaping items!), that may take longer than usual.

No, try again.

Considering I said "at the earliest" (which means that I estimated it to be 2 weeks or longer) and his royal Patchness said "no, try again", I will take that as meaning that my 2 week estimate was too pessimistic. 
So... Somewhere in the next 2 weeks then, and at the pace the regions are going in and are being unhidden, perhaps even just a single week!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Considering I said "at the earliest" (which means that I estimated it to be 2 weeks or longer) and his royal Patchness said "no, try again", I will take that as meaning that my 2 week estimate was too pessimistic. 
So... Somewhere in the next 2 weeks then, and at the pace the regions are going in and are being unhidden, perhaps even just a single week!

Oh, good point! Scratch everything I said in my last post LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

The Lindens usually release as part of events or Holidays. So, my best guess is Labor Day weekend.

Usually a week or so before a holiday or after a holiday.  They don't release on Holidays or Weekends because they don't have the support staff for it then.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Usually a week or so before a holiday or after a holiday.  They don't release on Holidays or Weekends because they don't have the support staff for it then.

I seem to remember (tricky to check with my phone and poor wifi) that the Stilts were released on the 21st of December. A whole lot closer to Christmas than anyone expected at that point. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

It sounds like Patch is having fun with all of our guesses...  :)

It's a public secret that the Lindens and the Moles enjoy our speculations, our squirming, our guesses, whether correct or way off.
And who are we to derive them of that pleasure? :D 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3