SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I am okay with waiting until the release is really ready to go.  I seem to remember a release where some sort of glitch happened and people got homes on the land page only to have the region restarted and finding someone else had gotten the home they thought they had.  I felt bad for everyone involved - moles, Lindens, and residents.  There were several different issues when the log homes released like double homes rezzed and issues with permissions on the homes.  If they need to wait to try and prevent a few of these issues, I can wait a few more days.

I'll probably be at work when the release happens anyway, but with a dump of thousands of homes, there will still be some waiting for me when I get home and for several days after.  

(I may secretly be enjoying the drama, anticipation, and excitement here a tiny bit)

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Syane Jewell said:

The Mole has spoken with the truth basically and well stated at that.  Now you people with no life can stop speculating that its going to happen.

I have no life and I'm not speculating.  Does that make me better or worse?

Really, I'm just waiting for people to shove off to the stilts so I can get my dream Victorian. :D

• Like 7
  • Haha 13

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I had to chuckle at this part, since very few of the folks that participate in these threads ever truly stay at a single location for very long -- i.e. "put down roots".

Despite becoming a GOH addict over the last year or so, I stayed in my original Meadowbrook quite happily for 8 (?) years, and nothin's gonna get me to move from my Innside trad barring bankruptcy! Had my eye on two parcels in 11 cloned Log regions, *finally* got one and am staying put there as well (though it'll be in the queue to go before the trad should the bailiffs knock at the door). The camper was only intended as a temporary home after abandoning a Vic, but I like it so much that it'll stay in the collection until that alt's premium runs out in February. Have high hopes for the Stilt environment - grew up near the coast and I miss the sound of the ocean and seagulls - so if I get one of the parcels I've so-far identified as a dream location, I expect I'll be there for an extended period of time. (None of the speculation for theme 7 has whet my appetite.) But, I'll be cheering the rest of you GOHers from the sidelines!

• Like 11

• Moles

In addition to what Abnor said, I'd also point out that when LDPW's QA process ends with all the regions having been passed as ready for release (which is what the colour changes with the region boundary markers indicate)  several quite complex things still remain to be done, many of them by people in other departments at LL,  in sequence,  before the release can happen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 18

2 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

In addition to what Abnor said, I'd also point out that when LDPW's QA process ends with all the regions having been passed as ready for release (which is what the colour changes with the region boundary markers indicate)  several quite complex things still remain to be done, many of them by people in other departments at LL,  in sequence,  before the release can happen.

I would just like to point out that there is plenty of room on Fintastic for an exclamation point (or two!) when the time is near.  :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Zenna Goodliffe said:

If we are set to receive notification from Patch’s thread then we will have a “warning “ of when they are about to release. I have never been around for the previous releases so not sure how much of a warning time wise

With the Vics we were alerted to the imminent release first by the appearance of the visible  bridge between “north and south” Bellisseria - I recall it being announced in the When Did You Last See thread by a few of us at the same time. During the Log home release, many of us were too distracted by tornadoes, tumbleweeds and the volcano in Millbank to notice whether Patch’s announcement or a visible bridge to the new regions appeared first. (Personally, I was too busy dodging flying cows 🐄 and watching Ancient Mole dance at the top of the volcano.) But, in any case, the notice is a matter of minutes before/after  the actual release. EDIT: I should say those two releases began with a single ‘test’ region; the full release happened maybe 15 minutes later.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

32 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

With the Vics we were alerted to the imminent release first by the appearance of the visible  bridge between “north and south” Bellisseria - I recall it being announced in the When Did You Last See thread by a few of us at the same time. During the Log home release, many of us were too distracted by tornadoes, tumbleweeds and the volcano in Millbank to notice whether Patch’s announcement or a visible bridge to the new regions appeared first. (Personally, I was too busy dodging flying cows 🐄 and watching Ancient Mole dance at the top of the volcano.) But, in any case, the notice is a matter of minutes before/after  the actual release. EDIT: I should say those two releases began with a single ‘test’ region; the full release happened maybe 15 minutes later.

Please someone take a video of whatever they do!  And if anyone has any video of flying cows that would be awesome to see 😆 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zenna Goodliffe said:

If we are set to receive notification from Patch’s thread then we will have a “warning “ of when they are about to release. I have never been around for the previous releases so not sure how much of a warning time wise

If I remember correctly, all of the new theme releases showed up on the Land page a few minutes before that thread actually got updated - or at the same moment (except for the first supplemental Houseboat release - the Squishy Pickle).  Not to mention the delay in getting the notification via email, which doesn't seem to be working reliably these days.

Thus, it isn't really a "warning" so much as an announcement that something happened.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Patch has been in the Belli Citizens Chat some minutes ago - but did not breathe a word about the stilts

Ok; Not joking but it would be a nice idea to have a group in world just for upcoming releases.

Like one made by the linden where users could join and receive news and so on.

• Like 1