SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

23 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

Sadly, not once today have I seen the group chat running. 😒

It wasn't running for me either.  But that seemed impossible, so I relogged and started it explicitly by hitting "chat" in its Group profile.  That worked.

So, now that you're here, can you offer a refinement on the big yellow "SOON"?  Is it very soon?  very very soon?  soon-ish?

When will we all be belly dancing in the Stilts?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

It wasn't running for me either.  But that seemed impossible, so I relogged and started it explicitly by hitting "chat" in its Group profile.  That worked.

So, now that you're here, can you offer a refinement on the big yellow "SOON"?  Is it very soon?  very very soon?  soon-ish?

Yeah, you have to actively go into the group chat to see it - it doesn't seem to automatically display anymore.

I think on the day of release,  they should put up a "IT'S TODAY!" message to replace "SOON" lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

The Inventory was yesterday - only profiles today

And are there really the same people involved ??

I'd HATE to wait around like paralized for another day!

That is just the special scheduled maintenance stuff that shows on the Grid Status.  There is also regular weekly deploy stuff and given what is mentioned in the thread for this week, I could totally see Patch not doing the Stilt release this week.

• Like 5

If it's really going to be "not till after Thanksgiving" (which, if so, would mean the earliest potential release would be just shy of two weeks), it would be nice if they would tell us so we can just go about our business, and not clog up the land page with refreshes. For that matter, if it's not going to be THIS WEEK it would be nice if they would tell us.

I understand that there's fun in the teasing and it's all with good natured intent, but when some of the signs suggest imminent release (houses passing QA, Patch's skateboard image) and some do not (uplift, general maintenance, upcoming holiday), we're getting mixed signals - and (if we aren't using alts) we basically need to stay homeless all day and periodically refresh the land page if we want one of the stilts.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Evidently Patch said this in Belli chat last Friday morning:

[07:56] Jon Ree: [12:02] Patch Linden: No Stilt Homes next week....  probably....™
[07:56] Jon Ree: [12:03] Patch Linden: Too much stuff in the air, making things very hard to predict at the moment

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

7 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

[12:03] Patch Linden: Too much stuff in the air, making things very hard to predict at the moment

That is the part that is probably the most frustrating for Patch right now.  He knows we are all anxious and I'm sure that he truly does want to release these homes as soon as possible.  I really feel for him, with folks demanding that he give them some sort of definitive answer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Look at it this way, when you're pregnant, you want, you hope that when your due date is nearing, it'll be soon, you want to know will it be today, this week?  But you just don't know, you have to just wait until it happens and the joy comes.  The Doctor will give you information of possible outcomes, but they can't say for sure. 

Its the same with region releases or new theme releases. They are working on it, to get it to the point of a 'delivery' but they don't know the answer either, they can only speculate with their work load. They are not just working on this release, but other projects as well. Like the Christmas Expo coming up.  We just have to have patience.  We're not going to get a specific answer. Patch suggested it would not be this week, probably.  He'd love to release it, but he can most likely see with his planning schedule, that possibility is narrowing down, not shut off. So we are not going to get the answer we want.  Just like giving natural birth, when it happens, it happens.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Well LAST Monday he said something like ..." maybe not this Monday ... we will see how quickly we get the QA done ..." that sounded like not today but hopefully this week ... which was LAST week!

So we waited and thought maybe THIS Monday ... nothing !

Now it sounds as if not this week ... and not the next week because of Thanksgiving ...

If He would have said at the start when they appeared at the map ... "No false hopes folkes! This will not be released before Thanksgiving!" then we could have gone about our busiiness! ... instead of biting our nails and watching ... nothing!

• Like 5

I'm as curious about new releases as anyone else, but I really don't see why being patient is such a problem. Patch clearly cannot give a specific date because there is too much going on right now. I wouldn't blame him if he just stops giving hints altogether if it's going to cause so much angst. 

• Like 12

There will be enough Stilt homes that they will last at least through most of a day.  Thus nobody really HAS to abandon their home ahead of time, unless you predict that you will not be able to log inworld at all and will only have access to the website to claim a  home.

• Like 5

I've been part of a building team in the past, working on building multiple regions, having an estimated target date of when the work would be completed and the regions opened to the public. We had to keep moving the opening date back and forward, as we tried to estimate when we'd be done, ready for release and then have something unexpected come up, glitches, scripts not working correctly, a discovered error in a build that needed to be fix, etc.  Long before Bellisseria was released, our joke was saying soon because it became apparent, we honesty didn't know. It would happen, when it happened.  You learn to live in patience.  Give Patch and his team of moles some understanding, they are doing what they can to get the Stilt home theme to us as soon as they can.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I have all the sympathy and love for the residents that would just like something definitive! Vague teasing is exhausting.

So, no clues going forward would be better? I have a feeling there would be protests about that, too. Poor Patch, he can't win here. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

It's very simple really. A release is a very involved process with multiple things that all have to come together and work exactly as designed and intended. Any delay or problem with any of those pushes back the time when the actual release can happen. Even though we have done these before, each release tends to have something unique to it that has to be accounted for, or something comes up that wasn't expected. So in many ways, "Soon" applies to us as well. We don't know exactly when it will happen any more than you do. We have an idea when we want it to happen or even a rough idea when we plan to have it happen, but until we get right up to the point where everything is actually ready... our guess is as good as yours. ;)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 27

4 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

It's very simple really. A release is a very involved process with multiple things that all have to come together and work exactly as designed and intended. Any delay or problem with any of those pushes back the time when the actual release can happen. Even though we have done these before, each release tends to have something unique to it that has to be accounted for, or something comes up that wasn't expected. So in many ways, "Soon" applies to us as well. We don't know exactly when it will happen any more than you do. We have an idea when we want it to happen or even a rough idea when we plan to have it happen, but until we get right up to the point where everything is actually ready... our guess is as good as yours. ;)

Thank you for that @Abnor Mole, very well put and understood.  We're all so excited for when the new project is completed and released. Keep up with the wonderful work you moles put into these homes for our enjoyment and SL living experience.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1