SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 minute ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Someone from the other thread reporting in.

Here's another Flickr picture from the LH album where the house  looks very similar to the photo Patch posted of his large deck on the other thread.

Skating the Campwich!

I'm pretty sure that one is him at the Campwich (?sp) Lodge - shortly before the release of the Campers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Heck, it just hit me... What if the new log cabins regions have SEASONS!

I wouldn't look for any Linden Home regions to be truly seasonal anytime in the foreseeable future.  They would need scripts in all their trees, pavements etc. to do that, and if you look you will see that, except for seats, all Belli landscaping is free of scripting.

• Like 2

I followed the Bellisseria railroad's eastern spur through the upcoming Victorian regions, and one aspect of the scenery caught my attention: there are few, if any, water features in these regions compared to the earlier releases. The waterview and direct access parcels may be less common for the Victorian GOHs as time goes on ... just sayin'.  💧💍

SSPE1058_200223.thumb.png.3e23b79609fba6f84ba2aba8453b75ea.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Lukas Thetan said:

I followed the Bellisseria railroad's eastern spur through the upcoming Victorian regions, and one aspect of the scenery caught my attention: there are few, if any, water features in these regions compared to the earlier releases. The waterview and direct access parcels may be less common for the Victorian GOHs as time goes on ... just sayin'.  💧💍

SSPE1058_200223.thumb.png.3e23b79609fba6f84ba2aba8453b75ea.png

Without any water features those look rather uninteresting places to live. Sure there will be lots of trees and flowers, but it's the water features which give the regions the extra inviting and lovely looks. I wonder are they too busy in creating new regions as fast as possible, so they have no time to beautify the regions nicely with water features like earlier was the case?

I went walking near there in some regions which already had been fully landscaped with trees and flowers. I must say that It got boring very fast. Nothing much to see except very similar places with houses after houses. It's a bit sad if that kind of thing continues to be the new norm in new regions. 😢

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Without any water features those look rather uninteresting places to live. Sure there will be lots of trees and flowers, but it's the water features which give the regions the extra inviting and lovely looks. I wonder are they too busy in creating new regions as fast as possible, so they have no time to beautify the regions nicely with water features like earlier was the case?

I went walking near there in some regions which already had been fully landscaped with trees and flowers. I must say that It got boring very fast. Nothing much to see except very similar places with houses after houses. It's a bit sad if that kind of thing continues to be the new norm in new regions. 😢

Don't they typically first put down the houses and get those locations squared away.  Then they replace the houses with the monopoly piece that provides for outer dimensions of all houses combined.  Then they can do the landscaping around it all.  Much of the landscaping can't be done until they finalize where each house will sit and how it will be oriented.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Don't they typically first put down the houses and get those locations squared away.  Then they replace the houses with the monopoly piece that provides for outer dimensions of all houses combined.  Then they can do the landscaping around it all.  Much of the landscaping can't be done until they finalize where each house will sit and how it will be oriented.

That may be true for the prim water in the mountains, but I don't believe any terraforming is done after the parcel locations have been finalized. So if there is no lake, pond, stream, river, or shoreline using SL water on a region once defined parcel boundaries appear there, it's unlikely one of those features will be appended to the region later.

Edited by Lukas Thetan
tidied up my syntax
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As I said, very close to those unfinished regions there are also regions with houses in place, land fully terraformed and landscaped (not released yet, but ready to be released). There are regions after regions without any water features at all. And the regions look very similar to each other. Those things make the regions to look kind of monotonous and uninteresting.

2020-02-24_Victorians-in-east.thumb.jpg.66531d3ebc2a0c5d823faefbcc025733.jpg

• Like 2

I noticed that "interior checkerboard" look too last week.  Honestly a lot of the sims in the big Vic release were pretty dire in that "I really don't want to move here" way.  This is no doubt faster and they probably want to get those old linden homes down as soon as they can.  But yes, not all that exciting. Agreed.    

Maybe the new theme will be something to clap about. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

There are regions after regions without any water features at all.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  I think they've made an effort with this new area to give people what they seem to want, more coastal Vics.  All the regions outlined in red have as their water feature ... THE OCEAN!

1530408276_coastline2.thumb.JPG.27d4f71d1a28d757e3c90436e10ed686.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  I think they've made an effort with this new area to give people what they seem to want, more coastal Vics.  All the regions outlined in red have as their water feature ... THE OCEAN!

Yes, agreed there is ocean all over. I walked route: SSPE1053, SSPE1054, SSPE1055, SSPE1057. Four regions totally dry, except the very south coast of SSPE1057.

Anyway, I'm not complaining, just observing how it looks and how I felt about it. Those regions as they are do not bother me too much because Victorian houses are not the ones where i would like to have home in. I like my traditional house in very nice location the best so far. And I'm very happy with it, it's a keeper "for ever". 😉

Even though I'm a bit disappointed how some of the new Victorian regions look, I want to say that I do appreciate a lot what the Moles are doing.
They have done amazing job in making Bellisseria beautiful place to live in. A big thank you to every Mole! ❤️

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Agreed. Initially I had thought the areas looked not so interesting based solely on the map, because of the lack of interior water things. However, once I went in person to check out the regions that have coastline, I changed my mind. These are not the same as the original Victorian regions, but they are just as nice! There are some great water views from high elevations, which surely will be popular. :) 

• Like 7

Doh, thanks to @Alwin Alcott I only just spotted a really obvious pun!

The (not white) Cliffs of Drover. 102m high

Good hang gliding territory.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Drover/113/68/97

Overlooking the new Victorians.

The water underneath is very deep too (seabed 1m), great for jumping in!

Need a good splash on entry though, and a few bluebirds in the air, as in 'thar'll be bloooburddds over, the (not) whaaaat cliffsofdroverrrr, tomorrooooow just you wait and seeeee.
Just in case this is one of those 'so obvious you might fall over it patch clues' I checked out the rest of the lyrics of the song.

I didn't get anywhere.

car_003.jpg

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
spelling
  • Like 5

• Moles
21 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Agreed. Initially I had thought the areas looked not so interesting based solely on the map, because of the lack of interior water things. However, once I went in person to check out the regions that have coastline, I changed my mind. These are not the same as the original Victorian regions, but they are just as nice! There are some great water views from high elevations, which surely will be popular. :) 

These new regions we are building lack "interior water things" on purpose. We discovered a problem with raising the water level to add water features along regions where the horizon on the coastline is visible. When the viewer renders the horizon it extends the water out to meet it at the same level as the region you are in if there is no region there or if it isn't loaded. What can happen is you look out over the houses near the beach and the water there is at 20m, but the water in the region further out to sea (if there is one) is at 30m. This creates an unsightly gap in the water in many cases depending on draw distance. So as far as these regions go... we can have a coastline with pretty views out over the open ocean or we can have interior water things, but we cannot have both. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 17

30 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

These new regions we are building lack "interior water things" on purpose. We discovered a problem with raising the water level to add water features along regions where the horizon on the coastline is visible. When the viewer renders the horizon it extends the water out to meet it at the same level as the region you are in if there is no region there or if it isn't loaded. What can happen is you look out over the houses near the beach and the water there is at 20m, but the water in the region further out to sea (if there is one) is at 30m. This creates an unsightly gap in the water in many cases depending on draw distance. So as far as these regions go... we can have a coastline with pretty views out over the open ocean or we can have interior water things, but we cannot have both. 

Rivers that are at the same water height as the ocean, that run through the land mass, these still work I assume. (Since there's one on the new Vic area.) 

I have noticed the blue lines where the water height difference is. It doesn't go away with different WL, and changing draw distance just moves the "lines" around. It's too bad there's no workaround for it because the inland water features in BellSouth the First are really nice. The lines are most noticeable on the regions that are one region inland from a waterside/ocean region, but once you cross into the actual waterside region they disappear.

I'm glad it's being addressed going forward, as it is truly annoying to have one's view ruined by those lines/water gaps. And the new Vics look great! I'm hoping for more "islandy" areas like Wuthering Downs and Highmarket.

• Like 4