SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Daniel Voyager just reported an extension on the lower east side of Belli. I went to look and it appears as if it could be extended in possibly three directions, with hills or mountains starting to show up at the farthest east point. I can't wait to see what happens!

WestBellisseria2-10-2020.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
'east', not 'west' - oh dear...
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

Daniel Voyager just reported an extension on the lower east side of Belli. I went to look and it appears as if it could be extended in possibly three directions, with hills or mountains starting to show up at the farthest east point. I can't wait to see what happens!

WestBellisseria2-10-2020.jpg

That has been there awhile. I was over a few days ago, but yes, interesting. 

Oh, wow, that's not far away from my Linden Home, I'd check it out if I could...get...in...world...right...now. Grrr....

I was over at Cosmopolitan when my Linden Dollar Balance suddenly became -$L1. Thought I might need to log in again to get it back. And haven't been able to log in since then.

At any rate, the only thing negative I can say about the positioning of that new land is the junky stuff to the south. It doesn't bother me as long as my draw distance isn't set too high, but I can't tell from the images if the new land will be any closer to the mess.

EDITED TO ADD - looking the current map it appears I misunderstood. I see an extension to the east of "Northern" Belli - I'm in the south of "Southern" Belli

Edited by Trinity1776

Before you release the new Vic regions,  @Abnor Mole and .@Constantine Linden (apologies if you're not the right people, I'm unsure of who to direct this to), maybe there's a small modification to the area around Swithins Bridge that could enable a cool later development?

My partner & I took a longish road trip (GOLF CARTS FTW) from our home in South Belli, up around North Belli, and out East.  We discovered that once you go east of the road-and-rail pass through the mountains separating North and South Belli, you're kind of trapped.  There's great connectivity of course, everything to the east can be reached by road; but there is no quick way to get back to South Belli, so you either just get out and TP home, or drive drive drive back home.  This can of course be completely dismissed by saying, who cares?  But it would be nice to get back home easily!

I found myself wishing that the Swithins Bridge region contained either an actual BRIDGE to South Belli, or a ferry. Looking over Swithins' coastline, I don't see any place you-all are planning to put a bridge footing with road access.  If I've missed something, feel free to laugh and not read further :)

Ferries are much easier to site.  A small one accommodating a car or a few horses needs only a small dock, with a rezzer object.  Being a person who has made and deployed a few ferries in my SL, I found myself looking for likely ferry dock spots. 

786418338_Swithinsroute.thumb.JPG.5ac204bdfc7f3bd63e1d339ec9ae31d8.JPG

The aqua line and text just point out the issue.  The red line runs from a rather vacant spot on the Swithins Bridge coast (that has good road access), across to the only possible spot that I found in Crawford.  This Swithins spot would need a little terraforming and adjustment to host a dock, i think, so wanted to mention it before you release the region.  It's an attractive route because it crosses only one region boundary, and so could be handled with a simple llSetPos based script with hardcoded route. 

There are a lot of houses right on the beach in Crawford, the road does not come near the coastline.  But just at the spot I've indicated, there is a space between two homes that appears to have been originally intended to have some sort of pathway from the road to the beach.

2106298511_Swithins2_001.thumb.jpg.1733c47a13486d88040964f3de34f211.jpg

I've derendered a bunch of shrubbery running between the two rock piles blocking each end of this possible path and (at the moment) spurious walls, none of which are on a parcel.  The camera is positioned at the end of a pedestrian walkway that of course is connected to a road.

So, that's all I really wanted to say.  With just a little adjustment to the Swithins Bridge region, you could clear a space to put a future dock and simple ferry, leave Crawford as it is right now, and if you never put it in, no loss.

----------------------------------------------------------

There are alternatives.

On the large map, the two red X's indicate other, simpler places to put a ferry dock.  One is at the base of a bridge that has a larger open area, and the other is this seemingly ideal spot in Fairfax.

1228832851_Ferrystop_001.thumb.jpg.8086944f834ed57a55506578459a995b.jpg

Both of these alternate spots, however, involve multiple region crossings and you'd want to use a ferry system such as Jonyblade's.  Personally, I use my own system, KFM based.  KFM can be so tricky around region crossings that it took forever to debug --- at least it did in the early days of KFM, when I wrote it.  Wouldn't recommend starting from scratch to do your own, lol.  We used it to run a ferry that crossed about 20 regions at its largest reach, it was very reliable and extremely low-lag.  I use it occasionally still here and there.  Perhaps there are similar commercially available systems now.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 13

Mountains from Mole Hills, or speculation, supposition and perhaps-osis (SSP)

At http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE1062/249/146/81 SSPE1062 I climbed a very steep 80m+ hill / mountain, at the very edge of the not yet uploaded new land.

Q1: Is this to be an isolated feature, or will it be a foothill of a new Mountain range?

Q2: If foothill = true, and therefore mountain range = true, could this mean an early indication of a 'change of theme' visual barrier?

mountain_001.jpg

mountain_map.jpg

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

@Raspberry Crystal  Hmm, they're soon going to hit some private islands to the East, so perhaps this is the land equivalent of a snow plough?

Yes, that's true. The Mole Hill is at the bottom end of the 'end of world', I wonder if they plan to turn the corner and go South?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

At http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE1062/249/146/81 SSPE1062 I climbed a very steep 80m+ hill / mountain, at the very edge of the not yet uploaded new land.

Q1: Is this to be an isolated feature, or will it be a foothill of a new Mountain range?

Q2: If foothill = true, and therefore mountain range = true, could this mean an early indication of a 'change of theme' visual barrier?

2 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

The Mole Hill is at the bottom end of the 'end of world', I wonder if they plan to turn the corner and go South?

I think it may signal a barrier between themes, yes.  The mountain range between North and South Belli clocks in at about 100m for most of its length. 

And yes, they might 'turn a corner' and do the new theme lower in the southeast, who knows?

However, if you look at the existing eastern edge going north from that peak, the land has been terraced up to about 50m for 3 regions.  There are also Vic roads pointing into those as-yet-uncreated eastern regions, so even if the new theme DOES drop in to the east of where they're now making Vics, looks like there will be even MOAR Vics before a barrier range fully manifests.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

However, if you look at the existing eastern edge going north from that peak, the land has been terraced up to about 50m for 3 regions.  There are also Vic roads pointing into those as-yet-uncreated eastern regions, so even if the new theme DOES drop in to the east of where they're now making Vics, looks like there will be even MOAR Vics before a barrier range fully manifests.

Like the way the traditionals reach into the mountains? 

• Like 4

MORE NEW VIC LAND!!  8 regions so far.  Zut Alors, may be sort of a narrow channel through there!

North of the new area being built out.  Not terraformed yet, just flat land at a height of 21M (the land it abuts is at about 33M).  There are brand new Vic roads pointing off into this new terrain, so I assume that at least some of it will be built out as Victorians.

1351373191_newlandagain.thumb.JPG.50b6e830689f47c3f7edacd984b8b77a.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Someone on another thread found what looks like a "hint" photo of the new theme on Patch's Flickr. So I am pasting in here since you guys may have missed that.  Saving my comments until we see the reveal.

As someone pointed out on that threat this image is from 2018 - so I doubt you could consider it a hint. If there are any hints in Patch's Flickr then surely it would be in the most recent pictures, not ones before the camper, trads and Victorian hints....otherwise this one would be a hint too (also from 2018) ...oooohh space theme 😁

Spaceship E-arth

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

As someone pointed out on that threat this image is from 2018 - so I doubt you could consider it a hint.

It could be a very early version of what would eventually be split off into trads and vics.
Or, and it is also quite possible that this is a design which just did not quite make the cut and was scrapped. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Someone on another thread found what looks like a "hint" photo of the new theme on Patch's Flickr. So I am pasting in here since you guys may have missed that.  Saving my comments until we see the reveal.

Puppies!

This may be an old photo but I'd still like to live in one of those.  It looks more like an old English house than anything currently available. :) 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Puppies!

This image is significant.   It is the inspiration for, and cover image to the "pitch deck" internally we put together when we first presented the idea of  "New Linden Homes".   You could say, it was the very first hint that something was coming soon™.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4