SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Gone.  SSP Belli has been flickering on the map for a week or so now, but today I cannot make it appear at any zoom level.

gone.JPG.2e6d1ca412d60426a450792c00ff7ba2.JPG

But the SSP thread moves on!  Today there are 4 dots in the SSP1001...  group of regions.  And SSPE1048-1052 is rapidly filling up with Vics that have roads headed into thin air, where new Vic land will eventually appear.  At this point I'm doubting that SSP1001... will drop into the corresponding point in Belli, as I theorized earlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Couple odd observations.  Is this what happens when they are cloning?  My avatar is in SSPE1052, looking at the brand-new parcels there.

CloneMethod.JPG.995fb6a2691a043fa7aa91f44fdbcfc3.JPG

And the ever-intriguing SSP83X has two new, looks like L-shaped, buildings that someone is playing with.  Never noticed a home that looks like that on a map, I believe there used to be Vics in those spots, but, *shrugs* maybe just miscellaneous pieces for testing. 

527523915_SSP83xdraw.JPG.526b5b2d23106b5fe7aaefeed5920719.JPG

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

nd the ever-intriguing SSP83X has two new, looks like L-shaped, buildings that someone is playing with.  Never noticed a home that looks like that on a map, I believe there used to be Vics in those spots, but, *shrugs* maybe just miscellaneous pieces for testing. 

My best guess is that this is the prototype sim for the RFL Home Expo.  You can see the trailers and the Vics clearly  and most likely the Traditionals.   Two people working there now and they are supposed to have them ready today for people to start decorating.  Not sure about the houseboats. Maybe those will be added along a coast line after? 

OR the coastline and houseboats are "THERE" we just can't see them because of the lag in map update time.

image.png.804f028174891a53831d7d31d98e72e2.png

Looks like two sims for this so the houseboats as I suspected - (maybe)  Will go in the Southwest corner?

image.png.3f84cc6016db1c6f298902f3a0a56fbf.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Chic Aeon  WHAT??? A reveal???  Did they say, a reveal of a new theme, or what?  I suppose it could be a reveal of a Belli Home & Garden commercial region in Millbank, but IMHO that's a reach.

I don't see anything in H&G facebook or website.  Or on Patch's flickr.  Insider info, I love it!  Was it announced in H&G builder's group, or an ACS group, or Belli chat, or? 

Very interesting, the region you show up North (yes, still on the map) looks like the last theme reveal at the Christmas Expo.  Doubtless just a placeholder.  Perhaps it will actually be the region below the Bellisseria Demo region, which just shows as "Loading" right now? 

I assume the Bellisseria Demo region is the one Nikki is working on. 

I doubt SSP83x is a prototype region, it's looked pretty much that way for months, with the exception of the few parcels in the Northwest that somebody has been working on for the past couple days.  It is possible (WILD GUESS ALERT) that Quartz and/or Dyna are working on a new theme house controller there, tho.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

WHAT??? A reveal???  Did they say, a reveal of a new theme, or what?  I suppose it could be a reveal of a Belli Home & Garden commercial region in Millbank, but IMHO that's a reach.

Yes NEW theme. Announced by Nikki this morning. Not what the theme is of course, just that it will happen during the Expo.   On the "will there be a theme revealed" thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

@Chic Aeon  WHAT??? A reveal???  Did they say, a reveal of a new theme, or what?  I suppose it could be a reveal of a Belli Home & Garden commercial region in Millbank, but IMHO that's a reach.

I don't see anything in H&G facebook or website.  Or on Patch's flickr.  Insider info, I love it!  Was it announced in H&G builder's group, or an ACS group, or Belli chat, or?

I went looking for the source too, I think it's Nikki's post here :)

Edited by xrockinfree
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

There WILL BE (just announced) a reveal during the Expo. It "looks" like it will be in the North. You can see that on the map but it is no longer THERE if you go to look :D.  

image.thumb.png.e7bb5de1a9de03d8318c0f8cf9db1469.png

That map tile looks to be from the victorian reveal last Christmas. It's probaby in the same location.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Christhiana said:

That map tile looks to be from the victorian reveal last Christmas. It's probaby in the same location.

Well I just took the screenshot immediately before posting. There are lots of new things there and many RFL team booths on the other side and a new party place. Looks very different to me.  They "may" have left that Vic demo up for months and JUST taken it down.   No info on that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cryogen Crimson said:

The old victorian revel region docked some minutes ago as "Bellisseria Demo" but got invisible after some seconds.
Maybe it got accidently visible?

In the original place or down where the Belli demos are actually going to be (and were in December)?   But yes, maybe just testing. We have seen that before :D.

Still Nikki's post said "adjoining ACS sims" I am pretty sure. 

And, way down south, there's a little activity in the Linden Home Dev regions that @Daniel Voyager documented last Sep.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/426577-ssp/page/125/?tab=comments#comment-1982638

Today they look like:

292488312_LHDev.JPG.2108039c42c87c02c94fd782259a0091.JPG

2018271660_LHDevFinal.JPG.5b4fdffa1a9b1eec809c69e0101c7140.JPG

Changes I see since last Sep:

LH Dev has added a few things, and LH DEV 2 region is new since I last checked this area, which admittedly was quite some time ago. 

"We Are Dooomed" (which I thought erroneously was We Are Doomed, no wonder I had a tough time finding it again), which looks like an archive of home styles, hasn't changed.  SSP Dev Final 2 has grown the homes in yellow blocks, three of which don't look terribly familiar to me.  The LH Dev Final2 region just came online last week (thank you @Tyche Shepherd ).

• Like 4

NEW LAND.   Not visible on the map yet.

805163445_Newland.JPG.2e113f913d0a66c8816f81cbd8fbda6d.JPG

There has also been furious progress on SSPE1048-52; Vics have been placed on all regions, not all showing on map yet.  Landscaping in some places hasn't begun yet, tho.

Also, there seems to be a push on to get all the trad regions above VictoriBelle past QA so they can be named.   Both Moles and Lindens have spent quite a bit of time in and around the parklands, particularly SSPE359 (the big rail station).  In fact, Kona Linden and Alotta are still there as I write, and the land has been sectioned by big blue translucent QA lines all afternoon.  All the other parkland regions appear to be ready for naming & release.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
21 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

And the ever-intriguing SSP83X has two new, looks like L-shaped, buildings that someone is playing with.  Never noticed a home that looks like that on a map, I believe there used to be Vics in those spots, but, *shrugs* maybe just miscellaneous pieces for testing. 

527523915_SSP83xdraw.JPG.526b5b2d23106b5fe7aaefeed5920719.JPG

I think what you're seeing there are two of the Victorian houses with colour-coded copies of the individual internal wall meshes above them, but somewhat offset, for ease of reference when we're checking the face and link number of each room's walls -- they're very difficult to keep track of.

But then I would say something like that, wouldn't I?

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Christhiana said:
18 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

There WILL BE (just announced) a reveal during the Expo. It "looks" like it will be in the North. You can see that on the map but it is no longer THERE if you go to look :D.  

image.thumb.png.e7bb5de1a9de03d8318c0f8cf9db1469.png

That looks suspiciously like the Victorian reveal. Likely a leftover "cached" image in the world map system that appeared when the flipped some switch. If you look closely, it's identical, even the position of the homes and the roads, etc.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 6:14 PM, Nika Talaj said:

I can confirm -- if no one else has -- that this is NOT the layout for the Belli demos at the Home Expo.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, there will be a reveal of a new theme in 4 days, and when I check @Patch Linden 's flickr I see only another Valentine's promo.  Patch is in Belli chat, but not saying anything.  Well, it's getting too late for "hints" now, I guess.  So we just wait until Thursday and see what we see.  I think this is worth marking in this thread: the first theme announcement without Patch sharing his excitement about it.  He could have delegated that to some other fun person, some of the moles are both articulate and playful, but no.  Perhaps Belli is regarded as well and fully launched, and so not needing fanfare any more.   I haz a sad.

Belli the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honahlee
Little Jackie Patch loved that rascal Bell
And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff!

Oh 
A dragon lives forever but not so little boys
Painted wings and giant rings make way for VP-ships
One grey night it happened, Patch came no more

Well, Belli will go on and not fade away, as did Puff.    Perhaps it is right if we all follow it more quietly now. 
/me pets the SSP thread and steps away ... for the moment  ....    for the moment   ...      for .....

• Like 2

Just now, Nika Talaj said:

So, there will be a reveal of a new theme in 4 days, and when I check @Patch Linden 's flickr I see only another Valentine's promo.  Patch is in Belli chat, but not saying anything.  Well, it's getting too late for "hints" now, I guess.  So we just wait until Thursday and see what we see.  I think this is worth marking in this thread: the first theme announcement without Patch sharing his excitement about it.

I think we were too good at guessing his previous hint for the Victorians, so we aren't getting any now :P

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

@Chic Aeon Are we absolutely sure that the reveal will be a house style, and not some other thing?

All I know is what Nikki posted a few days ago and someone linked to.

There WILL be a new theme revealed during Home Expo!  It will be adjoined to The American Cancer Society Island which is adjoined to the Expo and the Linden Homes Photo Thread Comes ALIVE region(s). 

So seemingly in the same spot that the Vics were located in last winter.   We don't know of course if it they) will be a HOUSE(s).  I suspect that it won't appear until very close to the time the Expo opens.   It does say THEME.  That's all I know. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1