Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can answer this. The main focus of Linden Homes is the homes themselves. One of the main features is that the home does not count against your parcel prim count. That cost is absorbed by the main pa

Here are the locations we've added rezzing zone parcels:  Boat Rezzing Zones (Basically, look for a lighthouse ) : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Plafil Waters/14/138/21 http://maps.second

We've decided to delay releasing any campers or trailers at the moment, for obvious reasons, until hurricane Jorge passes.     In other news, our newklear operations are at fully r

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Does anyone know what is going on with the regions that begin with "LR"? There are three almost-identical land masses. There are a number of inland lakes. There's another set of three to the right/east.


image.thumb.png.04283a40cf792f1a90ee8ebf65e91703.png
 

They are Linden Realms (nothing to do with Linden homes) you can access them via the portal park you can't direct TP, there's a few other games and places that can also be accessed from there, not sure what's there these days as i'm not allowed there anymore

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

So, we've been speculating that the work regions SSP1001-1035 are destined to be the first release of theme 5 (which we now know to be log homes).  If true, that would make 35 regions in the log home release.  The reveal region has 8 homes in it, and although a couple of corners have been left mountainous, the cabins feel a bit cramped to me, since their footprints are so large.  If LL averages 9 homes per region, that's 315 homes total.  Perhaps there's some other area where log homes are being developed, we will see.  Or perhaps they can quickly build out more, perhaps they built this area for simple cloning. 

And maybe those 8 untouched regions above the newer, unnamed Vic regions will have some log homes in them as well.

Anyway, if there's only 300-400 log homes in the release, I would expect they would all be taken in less than 6 hours or so.  The campers were about 700, weren't they, and were pretty much taken within 8 hours.  I believe the VIcs were about 600 in the first release, and then the coastal release about a week later added many more?

(Btw, a side note.  The redwoods clock in at about 100LI each, so in terms of landscaping resources, they're roughly equivalent to the Vic regions' willows)

 

I think the footprint is the same or close to the Victorians. I think the reveal region has few houses in it. The Victorians reveal had very prettied up landscaping. I would guess a minimum of 10 cabins - minimum. Does anyone know the average number of Victorians in a region? I could pull up a map, but I am sure somebody else knows the number.

That is one of the reasons I will in a region with water. Fewer houses. And more beautiful (to me). Someone may be disappointed about the closeness. I cross my fingers for a region that's not overpopulated.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I think the footprint is the same or close to the Victorians. I think the reveal region has few houses in it. The Victorians reveal had very prettied up landscaping. I would guess a minimum of 10 cabins - minimum. Does anyone know the average number of Victorians in a region? I could pull up a map, but I am sure somebody else knows the number.

That is one of the reasons I will in a region with water. Fewer houses. And more beautiful (to me). Someone may be disappointed about the closeness. I cross my fingers for a region that's not overpopulated.

I think it's about 20, similar to the Traditionals which I counted last year at about 20, maximum 25 if I remember correctly. I think it would be safe to say we can expect the number of log cabins to be approximately the same in a region as the trads and vics.

The trad reveal was the same, it looked like less homes in a region, but the reveals are only an example of course, not the final thing. The trad reveal also had a prettied up landscape. I was a little disappointed with the released Victorians areas. Although they are very nice I find them less attractive than the Traditional regions which to my eye has more varied and pretty landscaping.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I think it's about 20, similar to the Traditionals which I counted last year at about 20, maximum 25 if I remember correctly. I think it would be safe to say we can expect the number of log cabins to be approximately the same in a region as the trads and vics.

The trad reveal was the same, it looked like less homes in a region, but the reveals are only an example of course, not the final thing. The trad reveal also had a prettied up landscape. I was a little disappointed with the released Victorians areas. Although they are very nice I find them less attractive than the Traditional regions which to my eye has more varied and pretty landscaping.

I know the first region I was in, was packed with boats, all narrow plots, like teeth in a comb. Two rows of them. I think at least 20 boats plus 5 houses. So I had a pretty place, but there was simply too much. Too many rezzed out boats with lots of scripts, too much furniture. And I am not known for keeping a simple, sparse decor. Everyone of my 351 Li is put into use. That did not help.

The next place had 13 houses and only 4 boats. It was better. Now I am in a region with only 14 houses, thanks to the lake.

There are some corner regions with only 5 - 6 houses or boats, but they are few.

I think the Log Cabins, if LL release as many regions as the Victorians, it will be the same number. Roughly. But I hope they use more lakes and hills in between. Never give up hope.

I told myself that it was unrealistic to get regions like the showcase Victorians, and I was right. The differences are bigger in the Victorian areas, I think. Some are almost as the showcase regions, with lots of love and details put in. Some have barely a few flowers in front of the houses.

Don't shoot me for saying it. I got a pretty place. I am lucky. But I bought a new alt for premium, because my first alt got 5 houses that was far from the showcase houses. Luck, plus more money to LL. It is not strange that I abandon and try again in a release.

Edited by Marianne Little
Typos
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Victorians being laid out in SSP1069 and 1070 right now.  Road placements indicate that Vics will also be placed in the uncreated land east of 1070 (though of course they could cap those roads before release), as well as North into 1065 and 1066, as one would expect.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 9:30 PM, Eirynne Sieyes said:

@Abnor Mole Question: Given the Belli water bug, why not substitute prim lakes in the affected regions? The lakes on the continent are beautiufully done, and most of us seem to be in love with water!

We chose to go with linden water because we are working on a scale where it is possible. Linden water simply looks much better than prim water and has zero land impact cost. It also allows for scripted items that interact with water levels like boats and swimming AOs to work normally as intended, which is something that would not be possible with prim water. We just have to adjust how and where we have raised water levels to minimize the impact of that particular problem going forward.

Edit: I see now you were referring more specifically to the affected regions that are already in place. The fact that prim water does not look or act the same as linden water is still a big factor, especially if the water covers a large area. It will be an obvious and very prominent difference between those regions and ones with actual water. I fear that would make them much less desirable and "sub-par" in the eyes of many residents, many of whom would not or have not ever noticed the gap in water level out in the far distance.   

The solution then would be to fill those ponds and perhaps make it an open meadow or something similar. However, that still requires land impact for content to fill that space even of we do so sparsely... Land Impact (and time to do so) we simply do not have available in many cases. 

Edited by Abnor Mole
Clarification
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The map is showing some of the SSPE regions offline by the new Vic regions. I just looked, and there are pink boxes coming and going, and it looks like one region might be named Malthus (SSPE 1046).

I think folks should get ready to click soon 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still checking: SSPE1045 looks like it will be Cobbs End. SSPE 1049 is Great Banks. SSPE 1040 is Clayton Ravine. 
 

ETA: SSPE1048 says "Effing Parade". LMAO

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Still checking: SSPE1045 looks like it will be Cobbs End. SSPE 1049 is Great Banks. SSPE 1040 is Clayton Ravine. 
 

ETA: SSPE1048 says "Effing Parade". LMAO

"Effing Parade:? OMG now I want to move...🤣

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm pretty sure this train track was not here in SSPE1040 (now Clayton Ravine) when I was here a few days ago:

Snapshot_002.png


That track has been there for many weeks already. It had been hidden from normal view (it was 100 % transparent), but it was visible with Ctrl-Alt-T view. I guess the Moles wanted to keep that track as a secret until now, for some unknown reason. :ph34r:😁
Below is a snapshot I took on 27 January 2020. The hidden 100 % transparent track is shown in red colour.

2020-01-27_Victorians-expansion.thumb.jpg.b311ca8d237a33d0d1248c9a914a32b7.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to list out all the newly-named Victorian regions, since they're now showing up on the map!

  • Effing Parade (lol)
  • Epsom Quarry
  • Clayton Ravine
  • Great Banks
  • Cobbs End
  • Malthus
  • Tilting Meadows
  • Merriweather
  • Pididdle
  • Grenouille
  • Soft Downs
  • Quixote
  • Knapping
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 12:20 PM, Abnor Mole said:

he solution then would be to fill those ponds and perhaps make it an open meadow or something similar. However, that still requires land impact for content to fill that space even of we do so sparsely... Land Impact (and time to do so) we simply do not have available in many cases

The water features in these regions are so lovely...please do not change them to meadows...I don't mind that blue line at region edge...and given the choice of prim water or meadows, i'm sure most of us would gladly keep the linden water instead

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DellaLaBella said:

The water features in these regions are so lovely...please do not change them to meadows...I don't mind that blue line at region edge...and given the choice of prim water or meadows, i'm sure most of us would gladly keep the linden water instead

Yes, please please please keep the water features. The new Vic regions being being built out to the east right now are very plain and repetitive without all the typical water features and ponds and canals we have all over the earlier Vic regions.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...