SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Looking at this I'm not sure how likely it seems, but I've been wondering if we do get the four new themes if they might have their own continent elsewhere, such as tucked under Satori. There does seem to be a neat empty space there. It just doesn't seem to connect to existing Belli that well, though there is one straight sea route. I'm not sure after what's been said before if a long , and otherwise empty sea route would be a viable option.

Anyone else been playing around like this?

newcont.jpg

new2.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

SSPE1049 Abnor and a mole crew were working away. I was delighted to see a half completed railway bridge. This rail network is going to be HUGE!!

sspe1049_001.jpg

I think the half complete railroad bridge will always stay uncompleted. That half completed bridge in SSPE1040 has a surprise in it. :SxD
The actual completed railroad bridge will be on the side of the road bridge. The railroad bridge is still hidden (100% transparent) but is revealed by pressing Ctrl-Alt-T

2020-01-27_Victorians-expansion.thumb.jpg.b311ca8d237a33d0d1248c9a914a32b7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

I think the half complete railroad bridge will always stay uncompleted. That half completed bridge in SSPE1040 has a surprise in it. :SxD
The actual completed railroad bridge will be on the side of the road bridge. The railroad bridge is still hidden (100% transparent) but is revealed by pressing Ctrl-Alt-T

2020-01-27_Victorians-expansion.thumb.jpg.b311ca8d237a33d0d1248c9a914a32b7.jpg

This is because the visible bridge was ordered from ACME company and being built by Wyle E. Coyote Mole under Road Runner Mole's supervision.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Looking at this I'm not sure how likely it seems, but I've been wondering if we do get the four new themes if they might have their own continent elsewhere, such as tucked under Satori. There does seem to be a neat empty space there. It just doesn't seem to connect to existing Belli that well, though there is one straight sea route. I'm not sure after what's been said before if a long , and otherwise empty sea route would be a viable option.

Anyone else been playing around like this?

newcont.jpg

That would be a great undersea rail route.  Landing you in what seems to be an Abyss of Krakens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The BelliSLRR is almost complete! Only a couple spot left to tweak, many of the road-crossing gates aren't working yet (though many are), and the junction switches aren't working yet. But ALL the track is alive.

I went from Campsite rez zone to Campwich Forest near the lodge, did a full loop (all the way around and until I returned to Campwich) - then continued again until, at the junction to go south, I had to cheat (Edit to place myself on the southbound tracks, because the switch isn't working) - then went along on my merry way all the way over the mountain pass, then down through Willow Tree country to the station at the very bottom of Bellisseria.

And it's a beautiful, nay: gorgeous drive the entire trip!

Southern Bellisseria

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Several moles are at work right now on the new Vic land adjacent to it.  Including one new to me, created on Jan. 17th, Maximus Mole.

He obviously was hired specifically for the LH team.   I believe I saw this on some other Mole's profile too:

Q. How can I get a home?
A. Linden Homes are assigned through the website.  https://secondlife.com

Q. I don't see the new styles there.
A. If they are not listed that means all the available existing homes in that style are occupied.

Q. When are there going to be more?
A. As soon as we can make them and release them.

Q. Can you tell me exactly when?
A. No, I cannot. Sorry.

Q. I see a home I think is empty. How can I get it?
A. You can't. You can only get a home through the website.

Q. Can you help me get it?
A. No.

Q. Can you tell me when the next release is?
A. No.

Q. If I keep asking you questions, does it take you longer to make more homes?
A. Yes.

maximus_001.jpg.d64ab786ff0c812f10259e30cd84be38.jpg

Ambassador Kosh has been a busy boy today.

~*~*The talks are over for the day. We shall commence again tomorrow at the hour of longing. *~*~

Edited by LibGwen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Time for a geography exercise!

The new development area at SSP1001 has grown, and is now 7 regions high.  Previously, when LL moved new stuff from the SSP area down to actual Belli, they showed up in the same place, relative to existing Belli land mass, as they occupied up in SSP.  We have this old picture from Dec. 30, showing the SSP1001 area relative to SSP Belli, which of course was then intact.

956118232_Prevnewtheme.PNG.a4c4192f3935e690a80d547505a05b60.PNG

Extrapolating from that pic, if we took today's SSP1001 area and dropped it into the corresponding space on ACTUAL Belli, this is how it would look.  The new vertical band of regions (SSPE1048-1052) has been terraformed and textured,  in fact SSP1050 already has Vics all over it,  but in this pic it's useful that SSP1048 is still showing as pale land on the map.   We have been speculating that SSP1001 was a development area for a new theme.  If so, there's not much space for a barrier between it and VictoriBelle!  Of course, it's hard to believe that there's any technical constraint saying that they have to drop SSP1001 etc. into an area corresponding to the space it occupied relative to SSP Belli; perhaps it'll be dropped elsewhere.  Or perhaps there will be a smooth transition from VictoriBelle into the new theme.  Interesting.

1355773975_newthememerged.thumb.jpg.1e96eb94bdaf640ef927330ea12db635.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

...  Or perhaps there will be a smooth transition from VictoriBelle into the new theme.  Interesting.

Since there is quite a bit of room to expand east it's quite possible I think.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but there are two (new? I haven't looked recently so they might not be) testing regions in the north:

SSPGlamJPG.JPG.560d854f15524561df074ead9d2b6996.JPG

'GlamBuild' made me chuckle ...70's rock inspired?...luxury penthouses?...mansions?...lots of glitter and sparkles?...lol

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LibGwen said:

Ambassador Kosh has been a busy boy today.

~*~*The talks are over for the day. We shall commence again tomorrow at the hour of longing. *~*~

Brilliant! Made me laugh. (but unfortunately if they have to put it in their profile it indicates a probably high level of getting disturbed with the same questions time after time...after time...)

17 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Brilliant! Made me laugh. (but unfortunately if they have to put it in their profile it indicates a probably high level of getting disturbed with the same questions time after time...after time...)

Or they lurk the forums incognito and it is a preemptive strike?

19 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Since there is quite a bit of room to expand east it's quite possible I think.

Interesting factoid: if one were to position the SSP1001 etc. regions as I pictured, the east edge of that block would align exactly with Belli's current farthest east regions, in the Squishy Pickle (see Bilgewater).

19 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but there are two (new? I haven't looked recently so they might not be) testing regions in the north:

'GlamBuild' made me chuckle ...70's rock inspired?...luxury penthouses?...mansions?...lots of glitter and sparkles?...lol

Glambuild - maybe the rumored LL region for the Home & Garden expo?  Or maybe just a really rocky region (I kill me)

Actually, the Test Region 1-4 block up there is fairly new, or perhaps fairly recently returned, to the grid.  I assumed they were QA, altho it's a little intriguing that they have a green screen above them.

And I was also interested to see that someone was up in SSP83X today.  Last time it was discussed in this thread was Oct-Nov, we were speculating about what turned out to be the Vics in it's upper left corner.    @Daniel Voyager posted a series of photos of its evolution.  It ended up looking basically as it looks today.  

SSP83x.JPG.1790069c6174044abc61251d504a92a7.JPG

I'm wondering about the rest of it now.  Yes, those look like campers, but ... 2 next to each other?  @Alyona Su speculated at the time that they were Super Premium parcels.

Wild speculation alert: Are we looking at a mockup of a swift transition between a Vic region and theme 5?

• Like 1

• Moles
21 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

One of the things I love about this forum is that words like extrapolating get used :)

One of the many things we Moles love about this forum is comparing the extrapolations we read here with what we know to be the case.

21 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Now are they hiding stuff because it's good, or because it isn't and they don't want the drama?

If LDPW did have its own independent nuclear capability -- which it's above our paygrade to know whether we have or not, and even if, hypothetically speaking we did have one and were authorised to know about it, our NDAs wouldn't let us discuss it, were it to exist -- then we might well want to hide it.   Just saying.

43 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

And I was also interested to see that someone was up in SSP83X today

Ah yes, the mysterious SSP83X.   Dyna and I keep telling people we simply use it for building, testing and debugging purposes, but that's just what we would say had Patch told to spread disinformation about what we're really doing, wouldn't we?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

22 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Dyna and I keep telling people we simply use it for building, testing and debugging purposes

As opposed to, perhaps, bridge?

/me leans back and considers.  Opens the filigreed case on the table.  Cigarillo?

One Notrump.

...  The question is, building, testing and debugging WHAT?

• Like 1

• Moles
30 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Ah yes, the mysterious SSP83X.   Dyna and I keep telling people we simply use it for building, testing and debugging purposes, but that's just what we would say had Patch told to spread disinformation about what we're really doing, wouldn't we?

Yeah, what he said (or didn't say -- we neither affirm nor deny the strict truth of anything that we have made up or been advised to know nothing about -- Did I get that right, Patch?).  

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:
23 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Glambuild - maybe the rumored LL region for the Home & Garden expo?  Or maybe just a really rocky region (I kill me)

Well, duh - Glambuild is obviously some secret project that @Glamorous Mole is working on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, duh - Glambuild is obviously some secret project that @Glamorous Mole is working on.

Or a simple typo.  I am an expert at typos, so I am quick to notice when others do it.  That's obviously a mistake.  It's supposed to be Clambuild. The next secret project is an undersea theme for mermaids. 🐟 🦐 🐬 🐡 🐠 🐙 🐚 🐋 🐳

• Like 2
  • Haha 2