SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

49460871992_9cecb2bc7d.jpg

OK @Patch Linden , anyone who has time for the Dolly Parton Challenge, no matter how cleverly done (/grins at the Grindr substitution), has time to give us hints! 

Or ... is it a hint?  Next theme, Dolly Parton?  Down Home Country? 

OK, I'll grant that there are a lot of avatars walking around SL with big racks, big blond hair, and tight clothes but that is NO EXCUSE!!!!

😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

....anyone who has time for the Dolly Parton Challenge, no matter how cleverly done (/grins at the Grindr substitution), has time to give us hints! 

OK, I'll grant that there are a lot of avatars walking around SL with big racks, big blond hair, and tight clothes but that is NO EXCUSE!!!!

Always a keen eye with that Nika!   Past history suggests the VP can drop clues like the subtle action of swiping left..(or is it up these days?). 

Had to giggle with with the lower right photo:  A colleague just yesterday, bemused that our IT could see app names on his phone... while I'm explaining the TOS he didn't read... (and really just wanted to say "own it B.... & move one", rofl.)

Maybe it's time to consider Country live'n.  Barns, Corn fields, apple pie.  Think I'll grab a Marlboro & take a little walk. "...he thinks my trackor's sexy...." ;)

Edited by Mitch Merricks
Added link
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

You are barking up the wrong tree.
Yes, it must be a hint for the next theme, but we all know that Dolly Parton's most distinguishing feature is not her voice, nor the musical genre of her choice, but her bazooms.

Will LL make homes shaped like bazooms? No, that's not LL's style.

So surely, the next theme will be IGLOOS!

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

You are barking up the wrong tree.
Yes, it must be a hint for the next theme, but we all know that Dolly Parton's most distinguishing feature is not her voice, nor the musical genre of her choice, but her bazooms.

Will LL make homes shaped like bazooms? No, that's not LL's style.

So surely, the next theme will be IGLOOS!

Don't forget Dolly's lips. Oh, wait, Catwa has that covered, nevermind. ~Snorts~

I don't think Patch's Dolly-challenge is a hint to anything. Not everything he puts up to his Flickr is SSP or LH-related. Sometimes he just likes to do what we do and since that was a challenge game created by a Linden, it only makes sense that Patch would participate, would it not?

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Don't forget Dolly's lips. Oh, wait, Catwa has that covered, nevermind. ~Snorts~

I don't think Patch's Dolly-challenge is a hint to anything. Not everything he puts up to his Flickr is SSP or LH-related. Sometimes he just likes to do what we do and since that was a challenge game created by a Linden, it only makes sense that Patch would participate, would it not?

I think we were all just joking around .. but ... Dolly Parton is a Linden??  Hooray!

That should take care of any funding worries for a good long time!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

If someone can figure out how my headless torso shot relates to Linden Homes I will be very interested in seeing how that's going to work out.  Other things have been foretold on less.  🤣

Underwater mer-neko grotto homes off the coast of Bellisseria!!

Edited by Lukas Thetan
left out a word

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

If someone can figure out how my headless torso shot relates to Linden Homes I will be very interested in seeing how that's going to work out.  Other things have been foretold on less.  🤣

"Sock-in-trouser" theme, woot! No... wait... Hmmm... ~ponders some more~

I seem to recall some mentioned about "Beach" or "Beach house-is-ie-ish" something or other. So, maybe MAUI THEME! Yes! And remember, silence is an implied YES!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Well, we all know you are a very cool guy, and a headless torso shot is extra cool. Snow is cool too, cold even. Which brings me right back to igloos!

I swear, all the signs are there!

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Tropical archipelago theme! 🌴🍹🏝

19 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Se alguém puder descobrir como meu tiro de tronco sem cabeça se relaciona com a Linden Homes, ficarei muito interessado em ver como isso vai dar certo. Outras coisas foram preditas com menos.  🤣

Stars... hmmmm ... Space theme? Futurist? The Jetsons?

An inconvenient truth?  We keep assuming that LL will at some point delete the old LH regions, presumably because they aren't being utilized.  The pics below were all taken within a couple minutes this morning at 10:45 SLT, and as you can see they are all at the same level of map zoom.   I was once again checking out my perception that although Belli is more utilized than the old Linden Home regions, it's not impressively so.  Even allowing for the fact that parts of Belli are not yet released (then again, parts were very recently released, and those are more populated right now for that reason.) The classic LH regions are certainly not deserted. 

Every once in a while I just eyeball this.  Now, LL has, presumably, actual statistics on length-of-stay etc. ... I would lay money that the average length of stay within Belli is longer than with old LH regions.  Who knows, maybe everyone in the classic LH homes are just checking out what they got at the Saturday Sale.  But my feeling is that the pics below are pretty representative of a fairly busy time-of-day throughout SL.  What do you-all think?

I didn't play with color levels and contrast to enhance the green dots, so let me know if it's too hard to see.

LH_001.jpg.0a702b8f5825beeb2faac46ce729fe22.jpg

LH_002.jpg.1c9621be5c1e0014363290561515885a.jpg

LH_003.jpg.4bc2756b481d7e9b1d100fbe9dba4c26.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
spillink
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

We keep assuming that LL will at some point delete the old LH regions, presumably because they aren't being utilized. 

I haven't assumed that they will go away due to utilization.  I've assumed that they will eventually go away because Patch said they would.  After 'enough' (not fully defined) of the new homes are released, Patch said that they would begin making people move out of the old ones so that they can be taken down.

Now, given that we only have a bit over 10K new homes released, out of a needed 30-40K, the forced eviction most surely is quite a ways off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

An inconvenient truth?  We keep assuming that LL will at some point delete the old LH regions, presumably because they aren't being utilized.  The pics below were all taken within a couple minutes this morning at 10:45 SLT, and as you can see they are all at the same level of map zoom.   I was once again checking out my perception that although Belli is more utilized than the old Linden Home regions, it's not impressively so.  Even allowing for the fact that parts of Belli are not yet released (then again, parts were very recently released, and those are more populated right now for that reason.) The classic LH regions are certainly not deserted. 

Every once in a while I just eyeball this.  Now, LL has, presumably, actual statistics on length-of-stay etc. ... I would lay money that the average length of stay within Belli is longer than with old LH regions.  Who knows, maybe everyone in the classic LH homes are just checking out what they got at the Saturday Sale.  But my feeling is that the pics below are pretty representative of a fairly busy time-of-day throughout SL.  What do you-all think?

I didn't play with color levels and contrast to enhance the green dots, so let me know if it's too hard to see.

I think it's possible that some of those green dots don't even know about Bellisseria. Second life can be a very disconnected experience, and there must be multiple people who only talk to one or two others, or who log in alone and enjoy SL  as a non-social experience and are out of the loop. Then there will be those who have heard it is difficult to get a new home and will assume that is still the case until proven otherwise, and will be getting on with their usual slife.

It wouldn't be surprising if after a year's notice, and multiple reminders there will be old continent residents suddenly complaining that their home has disappeared and no matter what efforts anyone makes to tell them about the change. 

However, there will be many who are just waiting for a favoured theme to appear, or an easier crack at a home they fancy, or still others who have multiple premium accounts including old continent homes, and those who are well aware of all changes and just hanging on to their loved lakeside cabin , or sea-view modern until the last possible moment.

It's going to be interesting!

• Like 3

I think the majority of SL residents never read the official blogs and forums. And has turned off notifications from SL. 

When the old homes goes, I think there will be lots and lots of unhappy people. "My home is my castle". "I spent years to get it just as I want, and now you take it from me". If they read about the change, I think some will live in denial and think LL will not really shut their homes down. They will say they leave SL, they will quit SL. And some of them will. 

I think we who know about the forums are more adapt to change?

When there is threads about new avatars, it is always some who say that everything was better 10 or 15 years ago. I hope LL plan to make many more homes with open interiors like the old homes. I think that those who have a close feeling of ownership to their current home, will have difficulties with living in the smaller rooms. The time has come for big, open rooms, and panoramic windows. I think some new homes could have a similar floor plan as the old, but a visual upgrade. And facades in concrete, plaster and brick. It is only painted panels now. (Unless you use campers, and campers have absolutely no similarities to the old homes.)

I think @Patch Lindensaid that they already work on 2 new themes, and that they decided on all the new themes? So I suppose they have a plan.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1