5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I simply did not put enough context into the statement.  LL does NOT owe you all the "pretties" that we get with the new Bellisseria homes.  Premium comes with the ability to get a Linden Home -- but, that can easily be satisfied with the older homes.

Oh were people getting too demanding in one of the Bellisseria threads?

• Like 1

Not sure whether I should be peeved that there was nothing in the sales today that I wanted. Or that I should be glad that I get to keep my L$. I still have a fair bit of inventory spring cleaning to do, so .. Well there's a peeve. 

• Like 2

Peeve #102: Going to a restaurant and they have no menus --- only a dumb QR code on the table. When asking the waitress for a menu she said use the phone. Told her I didn't have one. She gave a deer in the headlight look and walked out.  Ended up at the tried and true A&W and got a root beer float!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Peeve #102: Going to a restaurant and they have no menus --- only a dumb QR code on the table. When asking the waitress for a menu she said use the phone.

This !!!! 

It became a thing during Covid so that they didn't have to deal with washing the menus after each customer touched one.  However, I HATE, HATE, HATE looking at menus on my phone.  I am old, with eye issues, and it totally sucks trying to read a menu on a tiny phone screen.

If a restaurant won't give me a true menu these days, I simply leave.

• Like 5

I hate this is my peeve but man, the amount of stuff I have to put on to feel like I am dressed to the nines at a club these days. Don't get me wrong, I love the creative looks people come up with but lately I feel like my outfit reads as unfinished if I haven't picked the right 2 rings for each finger, rolled myself in baby oil and glitter, attached neon tubing that flashes more than my GPU, fashioned a floating crown or glowing orb using some kind of wizardry, incremented my head pat counter, tamed the right animesh companion...

Damn. I'm getting old.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not so well optimized mesh avatars and people basically dressing up at clubs or in stores and their complexity is over 100k. That is my biggest pet peeves. I mean yeah we all want to look pretty, but do you really need a complexity of like 200k to be considered pretty? 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

I hate this is my peeve but man, the amount of stuff I have to put on to feel like I am dressed to the nines at a club these days. Don't get me wrong, I love the creative looks people come up with but lately I feel like my outfit reads as unfinished if I haven't picked the right 2 rings for each finger, rolled myself in baby oil and glitter, attached neon tubing that flashes more than my GPU, fashioned a floating crown or glowing orb using some kind of wizardry, incremented my head pat counter, tamed the right animesh companion...

Damn. I'm getting old.

Don't feel bad.  I normally end up derendering those people.   He who wears the most accessories wins?  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

Damn. I'm getting old.

I share that peeve - This is fantasy roleplay sims in a nutshell. But I can't seem to break out of my old habit of dress, boots, my pipe and maybe a cloak. Cloaks are good actually, they hide the laziness of the outfit underneath. I suppose the club equivalent would be a hoodie. Maybe a pair of glowing eyes and leave them guessing what's beneath.

The peeviest part for me is super-dressed people who bring a wave of lag wherever they go, especially some of those pets and glow effects.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

do you really need a complexity of like 200k to be considered pretty? 

I do try to stay under 100K, but dang, there are a lot of outfits and jewelry and hair that are soooo pretty and that kick me up or even over 200.

So...I'm peeved about the whole Avatar Complexity thing. Sometimes a girl just wants to bling out, y'know?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I do try to stay under 100K, but dang, there are a lot of outfits and jewelry and hair that are soooo pretty and that kick me up or even over 200.

So...I'm peeved about the whole Avatar Complexity thing. Sometimes a girl just wants to bling out, y'know?

I always stay under 100k as I don't want to be a hog and lag up a place. I mean you can look pretty without being over 100k.

• Like 2

I once bought a lovely gown, I think it was from Digit Darke's, that slowed every region I was in to about 4 fps. This was way before Complexity, or Mesh, or even sculpties.

I loved it...but I only wore it for about 20 minutes or I would've had no friends left.

But I do long for the days when everyone could see everyone else and no one had to worry about their ARC, we all just dressed up and let the lag fall where it may.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I always stay under 100k as I don't want to be a hog and lag up a place. I mean you can look pretty without being over 100k.

ARC as it stands is junk. The numbers are bordering on meaningless. They don't correlate to rendering cost.

If you see an avatar with a crazy high ARC, there is a really high chance that the algorithm that determines ARC has had a mental breakdown over one of their attachments. ARC numbers aren't even authoritative, the don't come from LL, they come from that users own viewer, and fudging the numbers isn't unheard of.

LL started a project years and years ago called ARCTan to redo the whole system, and that turned out to be bad date with a head full of spiders too.

Rather than call the whole thing off, like all Linden projects that fall on hard times, it was just left in place and ignored. So here we are, making meaningful decisions and pointing fingers at each other over something that doesn't work, has never worked, has been admitted to not work, was attempted to be replaced, and then left for dead.

To really help drive the point that ARC is pointless numerical gibberish, firestorm added a performance floater that will show you exactly how much actual render time other avatars and (more usefully) your own attachments consume on your computer. The results are specific to your system, but you can tell just how good or bad your stuff is .. and if you really really want to, point fingers at exactly who is consuming your frame rate.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Don't feel bad.  I normally end up derendering those people.   He who wears the most accessories wins?  

6 hours ago, missyrideout said:

Damn. I'm getting old.

Exactly, you can have just as much fun in your undies at a nightclub. I regularly dance the night away in undies, a bath robe and slippers. Sometimes only pajama bottoms

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This !!!! 

It became a thing during Covid so that they didn't have to deal with washing the menus after each customer touched one.  However, I HATE, HATE, HATE looking at menus on my phone.  I am old, with eye issues, and it totally sucks trying to read a menu on a tiny phone screen.

If a restaurant won't give me a true menu these days, I simply leave.

My eyeballs are ancient and need big menus, etc to read them! :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Peeve #102: Going to a restaurant and they have no menus --- only a dumb QR code on the table. When asking the waitress for a menu she said use the phone. Told her I didn't have one. She gave a deer in the headlight look and walked out.  Ended up at the tried and true A&W and got a root beer float!

19-3.jpg.pro-cmg.jpg

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

ARC as it stands is junk. The numbers are bordering on meaningless. They don't correlate to rendering cost.

Come visit me sometime when I'm wearing my "Spontaneous Moral Decay" avatar. It's four little invisible boxes, each with a particle emitter. I think the ARC is around 1000, but it'll try to hurl the blades off your computer fans if you get close to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Come visit me sometime when I'm wearing my "Spontaneous Moral Decay" avatar. It's four little invisible boxes, each with a particle emitter. I think the ARC is around 1000, but it'll try to hurl the blades off your computer fans if you get close to me.

You do realize that is griefing right and I would report you so fast. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1