Chastity within virtual worlds

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is this particular horizontal activity in SL which residents can choose to partake, refrain from, or perhaps seek but are denied. Those who choose do not to participate would be called, or call themselves, chaste, virgins, aces, asexual, or even incels.

How do you view others who have this particular status within SL?

Edited by Bree Giffen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

There is this particular horizontal activity in SL which residents can choose to partake, refrain from, or perhaps seek but are denied. Those who choose do not to participate would be called, or call themselves, chaste, virgins, aces, asexual, or even incels.

Their business, not mine. Don't care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Hey look, I made a 6 word memoir!)

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

I call it none of anyone's business. I don't ask this in RL of people why in the world would I care what sexual activities random strangers partake in? I view them as people. Who cares?

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Why do you need a label for this?

I am always surprised how often we humans seek for labels or drawers to put other people in but are so offended if other humans put us in dusty drawers or put a label on our forehead x3 

People are people. Period 

I am also not asking my RL neighbors about their bedroom activities so why should I care in SL x3 

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

Are you sure the correct term in Second Life would be "incels"? I think it would be closer to "doesntknowhowtomakeanaltcels."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

It isn't any of my business in either world. People who actually put their nose in the romantic lives of others have way too much time on their hands. They need to find a more productive hobby that doesn't involve sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. Just my take on it...

Better not let Michaleen Flynn hear you say that. 🤭

11f3e36074d2bf2302b5b76f4e3d48e1.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I think you need to cut to the point here Bree, that word salad of similar yet entirely different (and sometimes conflicting) terms is just leaving everyone confused.

• Like 10

I could not give a flying fig what anyone else chooses to have as their "status".

If, however, they try to "convert" me to their belief, they will, as in real life, get a door shoved firmly in their face.

• Like 7

I don't really call such people anything specific. Unless they drone on about what good people they are 'cause they don't do that sort of thing (usually with a tone of spite towards people that do). At which point I call them 'annoying'.

Edited by Orwar
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

I thought I was clear.

No not really. It's like something is playing in your head, a particular situation or experience or person who may have bamboozled you in some way, or done something to question your own beliefs.

I've encountered quite a few different "lifestylers" in my time in Second Life (and in Real come to that), but "incel" isn't one of them. I never even heard this term until a young man went on a killing spree last year in Plymouth, UK, last year.  Rejected by women apparently turned him into a hate-filled killing machine. Tragic what makes someone turn out like that.

• Like 6

I don't partake, but I also do not call myself "chaste, virgin, aces, asexual".  I don't call myself anything related to sexual conduct in SL because I really just don't even think about it.  Since I don't think about it for myself, why would I concern myself with others regarding such activities in SL, whether or not they partake?

The only time I care about anything sexual in SL is when someone cannot take NO for an answer from me or when they try to force me into their RP.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

If people choose to refrain from the horizontal tango for whatever reason that's their choice. However some people really enjoy the BDSM side of chastity, they perhaps don't choose to refrain but enjoy having their access to gratification controlled by someone else via chastity devices. Not really my thing and not my business if it's their thing

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.