Chastity within virtual worlds

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And apparently how most men in SL think and why I only dance alone.  

So true.  Problem is that they start the dance of foreplay before there is any indication that there should even be foreplay.

Proper dance-floor foreplay is something that is agreed upon by both parties and very intricately executed.

By the same token, a very large number of men in SL see any interaction at all as foreplay and assume it is also a non-verbal request for more.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Righto, (phew🙄). What about the term: "Propellerhead" then. 🙀

The question, (respectfully), isn't even relevant I think. Virtual world and all that.
A better one would have been: Do you think about your closest and dearest friends "activities" in RL.
And for how long have you been - lol
Now THAT is a question too scorchingly hawt to handle. 😈

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

By the same token, a very large number of men in SL see any interaction at all as foreplay and assume it is also a non-verbal request for more.

I just tell them I'm a guy IRL, that moves them along quickly enough and 99% of the time stops the foreplay dead in it's tracks :)

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That's no different than RL. 🤔

In some areas, most definitely. 

I could however, go to my local country bar and dance with many different men and they don't immediately view the invitation to dance as an invitation for more - even before I was married.  Country dancers are a different type of folk from any other that I've ever encountered -- though, things are a bit more hit or miss on Friday & Saturday nights.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I could however, go to my local country bar and dance with many different men and they don't immediately view the invitation to dance as an invitation for more - even before I was married.  Country dancers are a different type of folk from any other that I've ever encountered -- though, things are a bit more hit or miss on Friday & Saturday nights.

True. Even so, somehow the "bad boys" always seemed to be the ones asking me to dance even at the country bars. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I wonder how much of this is a generational thing? In RL clubs now you can grind with a guy on the dance floor and it's really seen at most as a form of flirtation -- not as an invitation to sex. At least, that seems to be true among experienced club goers, although there will always be that guy who sees any form of physical contact on the dance floor as an invitation for more, and will push and push.

Whereas with some older men, sometimes just touching their arm as you're talking can interpreted as a sexual come-on.

At least, that's been my experience.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Ugh.
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Dancing is a prerequisite. How someone moves on the dance floor has always correlated very closely with how well they move (or don't) in bed (at least, in my experience).

Hmm.. i did try some new moves i saw on TV the other day but didn't seem to impress any of the ladies.. maybe because i am not a dancer...idk.

(hides back in the shadows)

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

This one time, I logged in and potato, brain, rainbow, cheese, tripod.

What do you think?

If you put it that way: "The Three Degrees, KFC, Champions League, Brussels and unicorns IMHO", but mileages may vary of course".

There you go, you made me do it and I so wanted to stay neutral in this thread.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Now a bit more serious:
SL love and friendship can be very genuine and real, but pixel sex is mechanical comedy and fake in my book.

If someone starts their serious flirting or foreplay towards me, I will tell them my take about things but for all the other activities in SL, who cares that my opinion on pixel humping is not what the average SL user thinks about it?

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Chastity within virtual worlds

There is this particular horizontal activity in SL which residents can choose to partake, refrain from, or perhaps seek but are denied. Those who choose do not to participate would be called, or call themselves, chaste, virgins, aces, asexual, or even incels.

How do you view others who have this particular status within SL?

Or...

How do you view others who never have sex in SL?

1. Did I rephrase that correctly?

2. If so, my answer: I don't. The question never really came to mind. And I could not care less.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I thought I was clear.

Why couldn't you just ask "what do you think of people who don't have sex in SL?"

Why avoid the word sex while at the same time loading your question with sexual identities, kinks, inexperience, and people who just can't get laid?

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

"what do you think of people who don't have sex in SL?"

As being one of them I can tell you: Keep a close eye on them.
They are strange people with very suspicious minds.  😲🤪😇😂🙃🙈

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They just want to dance.. Especially if their song comes on.. It's mostly all about getting out there.. hehehe

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

SL love and friendship can be very genuine and real.

Depends on the people who are part of it..

57 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

... pixel sex is mechanical comedy and fake in my book.

Personally if i am in the mood for sex with a person that we flirt on SL or online, we move on to skype with camera's on etc.

Of course many won't do that because they are either too shy (that is fine , i just flirt and have sex with someone else) or they simply don't want to for their own reasons, which means that we like different things. Looking at the avatars having sex never worked for me since the beginning.

Well, pixel bumping has never been high on my list. At the start, eventually I tried it with a stranger at the beach. His name was...... oh I don't even remember. A few more came and went, but it always left me feeling underwhelmed. Now it's probably bottom of my list. I prefer decent conversation, and that can be with dancing, or even cuddling, but for me, pixel sex just unravels everything.

And it doesn't bother me whether you chose to do it or not. I'm more concerned about where you shop.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I wonder how much of this is a generational thing? In RL clubs now you can grind with a guy on the dance floor and it's really seen at most as a form of flirtation -- not as an invitation to sex. At least, that seems to be true among experienced club goers, although there will always be that guy who sees any form of physical contact on the dance floor as an invitation for more, and will push and push.

Whereas with some older men, sometimes just touching their arm as your talking can interpreted as a sexual come-on.

At least, that's been my experience.

Age has nothing to do with it.

3 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Why couldn't you just ask "what do you think of people who don't have sex in SL?"

Why avoid the word sex while at the same time loading your question with sexual identities, kinks, inexperience, and people who just can't get laid?

I could have done that but then my thread would have looked like every other thread. Also, I was thinking of places like Meta Horizons, Roblox and every other world where sex is suppressed by design. SL is one of the few where it's out in the open and was just wondering why some people don't partake in it. They'd feel right at home in Horizons I suppose.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

SL is one of the few where it's out in the open and was just wondering why some people don't partake in it.

No, Bree, that is not what your OP asks. You ask what "we" think of people who don't have sex in SL.

21 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

How do you view others who have this particular status within SL?

You actually display zero interest in why some prefer not to engage in this activity, and instead focus directly upon judging them.

And here, you do it again:

11 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

They'd feel right at home in Horizons I suppose.

What an utterly dismissive and insulting thing to say. Again, you clearly don't give a damn about knowing the complex reasons behind the decisions some of us make here. This is about judging, not about understanding.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.