Chastity within virtual worlds

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

You try to keep the fire burning until the last twig is gone into ashes, don't you?

Look in the mirror. You are the one that had to post the "A textbook example of not wanting to understand something.
Sigh."
without following it up with what you felt it was I was supposed to learn. Trolling at it finest wasn't it?

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

It’s also a method of polling to ask people about others around them. It’s like asking, “Do you drive over the speed limit in you neighborhood?” Most people will say no but if you ask, “Do other people drive over the speed limit in your neighborhood?” People will say yes. 

So long as anyone speeds, the answer to the second question must always be "yes".

ETA: Somewhere in the clutter of my computer, I have the traffic engineering data for the road in front of my house, revealed to me during my participation in a successful attempt to lower the speed limit. I'll look for it, but I recall that, by the traffic engineering and police department's threshold for speeding (5mph over posted), less than half of the drivers on my road were guilty. That was the primary reason we had to fight so hard to reduce the limit. If that's true, most people polled would be telling the truth if claiming they didn't speed on my road.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Added "over posted".
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

Only my intention was never to troll. The question was sincere and tailored to evoke discussion. I originally started with just chastity as the reason for not having slex but felt that didn’t describe all the reasons. I had to google for things like asexual and incel. I never intended it to be seen as giving one person all the same label. And… the question was on how you thought of others in order to not cast labels on those answering.

It’s also a method of polling to ask people about others around them. It’s like asking, “Do you drive over the speed limit in you neighborhood?” Most people will say no but if you ask, “Do other people drive over the speed limit in your neighborhood?” People will say yes. 

People driving over the speed limit is not a private matter and it does effect others.  Sexual issues, especially in SL, effect no one and and are private unless one cares to share them.  As it should be in either world.  

Apples amd oranges.

• Like 13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.