Is it fair to DJ and have an Alt as A host under the same avatar

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Whether their native language is English is really irrelevant at this point. The fact that they keep claiming we are Lindens is now the major issue. At least to me. 

the TOS has been quoted, stating it’s against them to claim to be a Linden when you are not. 

If anyone is being fraudulent, it’s the OP. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Storii Darkheart said:

Whether their native language is English is really irrelevant at this point. The fact that they keep claiming we are Lindens is now the major issue. At least to me. 

the TOS has been quoted, stating it’s against them to claim to be a Linden when you are not. 

If anyone is being fraudulent, it’s the OP. 

I only mentioned English as a 2nd language because previously in this thread OP never said it was, but rather said he is dyslexic.  But dyslexia is not the issue here (nor would I hold it against anyone- I have iih & it causes me cognition & memory problems).  

This thread has been an entertaining yet perplexing experience.

• Like 2

oh Pixi it goes in fine can look at million lines of code . Unfortunate  to defy means you believe land owners can fraud  people . not one tool to help the lindens accounts. you are a linden.

Edited by Drakeo

Yes, I believe land owner can run multiple avatars and ask for tips from people who show up.  They can have a tip jar to help pay for their region.  They can charge you 5000L to join their group.  They can require dues be paid every month to stay in that group.  They can even charge you just for showing up at their region without even having to join the group.  These are all allowable.  

Just because you think it's fraud, does not make it so.  As you can see from the responses in this thread, not too many agree with you. 

You know what I do?  If I don't want to pay someone in SL, I don't!  What a concept!  All the other things you're whining about are all resident to resident transactions and unless YOU can prove fraud of some sort, (which does not include anything you've said so far), LL will not get involved.  Nat and Dave will explain that to you if you ask nicely.

Now, I'm going to sleep.  I suggest you do the same and then come back and reread this entire train wreck in the morning.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

You're not required to tip anyone anything nor are you required to join any group which requires a fee.

Don't tip, don't join.

Yes I second that. 

But on saying that i go to various places, and what i find is the tip jar is sometimes not owned by the dj. So, do the lindens tipped go to the owner of the tip jar, or the DJ? My answer is ..I dont know.

Also, please re-read what Rowan Amore has said in the comments of this post.

1 minute ago, shireena1 said:

what i find is the tip jar is sometimes not owned by the dj. So, do the lindens tipped go to the owner of the tip jar, or the DJ?

FWIW Usually that means it's a split-payment tip jar. You always pay the owner of the tip jar all the money, but it is probably scripted to immediately transfer 90% (for example) of the amount you just tipped and give it to the DJ (or host or whatever)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, shireena1 said:

Yes I second that. 

But on saying that i go to various places, and what i find is the tip jar is sometimes not owned by the dj. So, do the lindens tipped go to the owner of the tip jar, or the DJ? My answer is ..I dont know.

Also, please re-read what Rowan Amore has said in the comments of this post.

The money goes via the owner of the tip jar to the dj that is logged in to the tip jar. You're really tipping the dj

Edit: as Quizzically pointed out, there is also the option the owner of the jar takes a portion off it

Edited by Micaela Amore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, HelenaNavy92 said:

All I see after reading 5 pages - this guy is nuts and you're keep on feeding him. 

there are moments when I have down time and I love trying to help them understand that they are throwing around infomration they obtain from some place that's not real. this is like the 3rd thread where more than myself has tried to help,  we get called names.   but that's a price we pay for trying to be helpful with these guys.

• Like 3

I have always thought that many DJ's use alts as hosts and dancers. Also suspect that DJ''s operate as more than one DJ using alts. and vocal morpher. Also not unusual for them to drop in a couple more alts onto the dance floor to fling out gestures and tell DJ how great he is.

I don't see there's anything wrong with all that, it's just a computer game after all.

Edited by Burper Tilling
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good grief! With all the social interaction I do as the DJ, trying to alt-host at the same time might kill me.

On another recent thread someone compared specific Hosts to chat bots spewing scripted nothings. This topic probably sheds a little light on how THAT happens too.

A good Host is worth their weight in something valuable (I consider my favorite snack valuable, but saying ‘hosts are worth their weight in pickles” might be taken the wrong way). Alt hosting just defeats the purpose and probably under-serves the guests while appearing to be a money-skim.

I have a VERY good host to work with and I’m not trading her for any amount of pickles!

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886c207ee3b0f298b8355

Edited by Amanda Crisp
Clarity
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Amanda Crisp said:

I have a VERY good host to work with and I’m not trading her for any amount of pickles!

I don't know what I'd do with a host, but .. How many pickles do they usually go for?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Burper Tilling said:

I have always thought that many DJ's use alts as hosts and dancers.

some dancers i can imagine.. could animate them and let it go .. but hosting and DJ ? or the one or the other will be louzy.

I been DJ for some years in SL, but you'r busy enough with the playing, requests, keep eye on the stream, visitors... and a few more... absolutely no time to host or keep an eye on another alt ..
scripted? yes perhaps that works, but still, the DJ won't have time to do both in a way that's great ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.