Is it fair to DJ and have an Alt as A host under the same avatar

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

plz forgive me I look at functions you are a wonderful person. it is hard for me to  read none function  writing yes they threw me away to the Marines I loved them I have a hard time reading at time.  please be kind I  have no real reply

to this

But then That's subjective as well, because years from now they will just be positions and not seen as multitasking... hehehe

Basically I was saying, What is seen as someone multitasking more than one position today, in years to come will seem like one position to those that never worked there, before they were combined..

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Do you expect to be tipped?

Depends. Is the tip something like "Don't pee into the wind?" or "Impersonating a Linden is a bannable offense."?

Otherwise, maybe I am. 

Edited by Paul Hexem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The definition has not changed since it began.  Whether you are premium or basic, you are a Resident.  Period. Stop.  All your senseless wordage will not.change the facts.

It was pretty early in the development of Second Life. One of my jobs was to come up with the different words we wanted to use, including the name! The naming discussions were usually between me, Philip, Hunter and Peter (both of whom aren't here any more) with feedback from everyone else.

When it came to what to call the people in the world, we knew we didn't want to call them 'users', although that would be the most typical thing for software. However, the word 'users' doesn't do a very good job of describing the two-way nature of Second Life, where the people involved are providing content and contributing to the experience.

We also thought about 'members' (boring!), 'citizens' (too political!), and 'players' (too game-y).

'Residents', however, seems most descriptive of people who have a stake in the world and how it grows.

– Robin Linden, 2006/07/31, SL Forum

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Depends. Is the tip something like "Don't pee into the wind?" or "Impersonating a Linden is a bannable offense."?

Otherwise, maybe I am. 

It depends if you are an imposter. The law defines this well. the team and you as a linden need to help.

because  the cyber laws are very clear. do your duty help out. report stuff. if LL does not want to create the tools I am sure we and the third party can.

It is Best to see the Lead from LL

trust me if you do not see it  they are working on it, if not will report here  how they blow you off.

https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer/commits/

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

It depends if you are an imposter. The law defines this well. the team and you as a linden need to help.

because  the cyber laws are very clear. do your duty help out. report stuff. if LL does not want to create the tools I am sure we and the third party can.

It is Best to see the Lead from LL

trust me if you do not see it  they are working on it, if not will report here  how they blow you off.

Any Resident who tries to intimidate you by claiming to be a Linden is violating Second Life's Terms of Service, and you should file an abuse report immediately.

An unscrupulous person may try to intimidate you by claiming that they are friends with a particular Linden, or that they are a Linden themselves. They may imply that they can ban your account or take your land from you if you don't submit to their demands. Real Lindens adhere to a strict code of conduct inworld, and will only ban Resident accounts and reclaim land under specific circumstances such as violations of the Terms of Service

So, I guess this means you've violated the ToS by calling yourself a Linden.  Good job.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think you are a tad confused about how SL works.

And there is nothing in the TOS about using multiple accounts at the same time - even if both accounts are working jobs at the same location and getting tips and/or pay.

Tell you Like LL told me you are ignorant. operator error. They was right Love you OZ

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Point Blank: How you look at it is irrelevant. Getting tips and such on more than one Account is not fraud - period.

You do not like it - big whoop.

solar you have no clue  not  one BYTE

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

Everyone  when logged in is an Linden a subject TOS  weather your an employee or a account . It is the only way to protect your account

14 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

We are all Linden's   do not put your self down you pay other Linden's to help you.

just like  government we the people.

4 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

Tell you Like LL told me you are ignorant. operator error. They was right Love you OZ

I really think something is getting lost in the translation here.

Maybe you should post in your native language and let translate.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Doris Johnsky said:

And I am saying is it not fraud.  Why?  Because we have the right to tip or not.  We are not forced to do this. Not do I think it happens as much as he thinks it does.

an imposter that  you rent from  has an imposter that likes you gets all your stuff Come on Doris your  brilliant see you stuff. You are the person  we want to  protect.

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

So....now you want a tool in the viewer so you can track and record everyone's UUID and then, not only share this info with LL but the FBI?  So they can what exactly?  Investigate that alt who made $8 by being the host as well as the DJ?  Arrest that guy/girl cheating on their SL partner on an alt?  Cancel all those premium account alts that put money in LL's pocket?  

How do you plan to implement this?  How are you going to discern between one person with 2 avatars and the husband and wife in RL that have the same IP address?

Nonsensical, zany, illogical, utter lunacy.  But thanks, It's been a hoot.

Let him. Then we can all sue the hell out of him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

So....now you want a tool in the viewer so you can track and record everyone's UUID and then, not only share this info with LL but the FBI?  So they can what exactly?  Investigate that alt who made $8 by being the host as well as the DJ?  Arrest that guy/girl cheating on their SL partner on an alt?  Cancel all those premium account alts that put money in LL's pocket?  

How do you plan to implement this?  How are you going to discern between one person with 2 avatars and the husband and wife in RL that have the same IP address?

Nonsensical, zany, illogical, utter lunacy.  But thanks, It's been a hoot.

Rowan you are brilliant  please tell the people how it is done.

Very simple  from the first post grep me.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yet they still did not limit in any way the amount of avatars a person could create and probably never will as many people have many alts which are all premium.

Stop. Giving. Your. Money. To. People.  No. One. Is. Taking. Anything. From. You.

was at the meeting

5 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

From I understand, you don’t like the same person being a DJ and a host? I never really thought about it whenever I tipped. And after reading all this I probably won’t care. We all need Linden and hosts don’t make much anyways unless you’re popular and host at well known clubs. I don’t see the issue

ok Chris

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Lately, I have been finding the dictionary quite fascinating.

image.png.9fd7dee3d30c0581aff8ee7f50f60831.png

No such thing as an idiot. That is well defined. fact is if you have the ability to learn.

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.