Is it fair to DJ and have an Alt as A host under the same avatar

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All of this I'm Spartacus "we're all Lindens" means we should be able to collectively lock this thread and throw the OP into the Cornfield, right? Linden = God powers, after all.

Can we do that?

No?

Wonder what we can extrapolate from that...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

All of this I'm Spartacus "we're all Lindens" means we should be able to collectively lock this thread and throw the OP into the Cornfield, right? Linden = God powers, after all.

Can we do that?

No?

Wonder what we can extrapolate from that...

Name me one staff member with god powers at LL . Never happen.

There are other ways to deal with the inventory data base  without god powers.

All premium accounts get paid every month just like the Linden.

Your name isn't Linden  you are a linden when you login.

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

Name me one staff member with god powers at LL . Never happen.

There are other ways to deal with the inventory data base  without god powers.

All premium accounts get paid every month just like the Linden.

Your name isn't Linden  you are a linden when you login.

The ones that do restarts every week.. :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The ones that do restarts every week.. :D

actually the restart is done on a terminal there is a script that takes down the aws simulator at that point  the aws operating system is updated then restarts the simulator that human never has to login.

Your a multi million dollar company your not going to give  a person god powers they can only be used when logged in.

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 1

M'kay .... I really shouldn't bother typing up this response, since it won't do much good whatsoever but ... I cannot help but think that a certain bit in the post Ceka quoted won't get readily addressed.

The Premium Stipend is not a weekly paycheck by any standard. A Premium account gets - for the oldest - L$500 a week, Putting aside the simple fact that Linden Dollars are worrthless outside of Second Life, that is - at most the equivalent of just over two dollars if purchasing them.

Actual Linden Accounts (Actual Linden Lab Employees, who have the Account last name Linden) are paid quite a bit more and are paid in actual money.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Drakeo said:

I been around a long time  everyone knows My Alt is Adam01time. needed him for group and land.

Never did I rezz him and  use him to Falsely  extract money from him.

When you click something the client must update it does that through your IP and UUID.  Any with a tad knowledge   ls log | grep etc.

this will show you  many things.

It is fine to enhance your SL experience with ALT  and alts are needed for the specified things known since 2003 or later.

I can;t make dances  and such with out my Alt. I am unable to get land back  if I screw up and leave my land group my alt will save me.

Here is the point a dj drops a host text as her ask for tips. the owner of the land  makes alts ask for donation.

Even worst you are charged a fee to enter the group to have that. fine to say Buyer be ware. Fraud is fraud.

At know time did the Lindens want you to be lied to or be stolen from.

Everyday I see this at many places.

Linden Labs I sent a Abuse in . before they take  advantage of another person. Could you just deal with the fraud.

Such a great platform but hey.

20 alt  avatars all hosting who gets the money.

Time to grow up  this is Cyber crimes.

Time to amend Terms of service.

simple fraud

We got off track how do we report abuse of the platform  and understand  abuse of the platform. What do you consider fraud.

I believe fraud  happens when some one deceives  you Knowingly. Whether for monetary value or to instill false confidence.

This leads to abuse of the platform and hurts accounts.

That said if you think it is right that the one of a land owners  takes a percentage of your tips even when you buy your own stream. They then create a alt host for you and collect money  fraudulently.  Remember the word confidence  you have confidence you are paying a certain person .

This is abuse of a platform . A scam to take hard earned $L from you.

You are left with a lie.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I don't know, Solar.  Legion looks an awful lot like Linden.  You know, except for NOT being Linden.  

"And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many."  Mark 5:9

Funny thing on that .... Of all the Last Names available when i signed up, Legion was the only one I could pair with my usual sense of humor. The idea behind the combination being a Legion of Sol type stars or a Legion from the Sol system. A rather literal Solar Legion.

ETA: and yes, Mark 5:9 was in my mind at the time.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

M'kay .... I really shouldn't bother typing up this response, since it won't do much good whatsoever but ... I cannot help but think that a certain bit in the post Ceka quoted won't get readily addressed.

The Premium Stipend is not a weekly paycheck by any standard. A Premium account gets - for the oldest - L$500 a week, Putting aside the simple fact that Linden Dollars are worrthless outside of Second Life, that is - at most the equivalent of just over two dollars if purchasing them.

Actual Linden Accounts (Actual Linden Lab Employees, who have the Account last name Linden) are paid quite a bit more and are paid in actual money.

Lindens are traded in the open market  it isn't a token. it is  was one of the first digital currencies  ever.

https://ld.currencyrate.today/

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

Lindens are traded in the open market  it isn't a token. it is  was one of the first digital currencies  ever.

https://ld.currencyrate.today/

Linden dollars are virtual, not digital currency.  
But at that, digital currencies existed decades prior to SL.

Buuuuut none of that matters- 

I really am curious if Drakeo is a bot posting gibberish & paranoid speculations.

& I keep answering.  Ugh.  😐

11 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Linden dollars are virtual, not digital currency.  

My reading of Investopedia seems to imply that game"social network"-money is in fact a subset of "digital currency"

digital currencies [...] can also find restricted use among certain online communities, like gaming sites, gambling portals, or social networks.

[...] Essentially, both virtual currencies and cryptocurrencies are considered forms of digital currencies.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/digital-currency.asp

Edited by Quistess Alpha
capitalization

The basic theme then is fraud.  

"Fraud occurs when a person or business intentionally deceives another with promises of goods, services, or financial benefits that do not exist, were never intended to be provided, or were misrepresented. Typically, victims give money but never receive what they paid for.  Millions of people in the United States are victims of fraud crimes each year."

Let's look at tipping

Were you promised goods or services that were not provided?  No

Were you promised a financial benefit that did not exist?  No

Did you pay for something you did not receive?  No

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.