Is it fair to DJ and have an Alt as A host under the same avatar

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

some dancers i can imagine.. could animate them and let it go .. but hosting and DJ ? or the one or the other will be louzy.

Depends on the type of dancing. If it's just someone standing on a little platform dancing as a form of decoration, sure (isn't that what most patrons at most clubs do anyway, though - I never understood why some venues have dance staff that get tip jars, when it's not the A-rated kind of dancing). And even if it is an A-rated sort of venue where said dancers are strutting around in skimpies, I'd think patrons would expect some sort of interaction to tip, whether it's emotes or if they're chatting.

But then the whole 'AFK' type A-rated venues are a thing, so, who knows.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

If I recall correctly, someone did make a tool to detect alts. He's banned now. 

red zone and green zone tool was a scam.

It lied to you  you thought you were getting a data base of stuff  long bull crap thing.

Story what it was. But first you had to login with your  real SL ID and Password on a third party

program outside the viewer.  I know on the inside the script gave all kinds of feed back but you are unable to see the script right.

fact is when you made your third party account they were using a key stroke logger to steal your password.

Only thing SL could do was remove it from the platform.

Then turn them over to the FBI.

They were so ignorant they forgot that everything is logged on the internet.

Hence red zone and Green zone put people in jail.

Abuse of the platform

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

So to make notes here.  OP believes there is fraud happening, when there is not,  OP believes every one whom is premium is a linden, when we are not.    Righto.

abuse of the platform to  fraud people is against TOS and you need to report it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

some dancers i can imagine.. could animate them and let it go .. but hosting and DJ ? or the one or the other will be louzy.

I been DJ for some years in SL, but you'r busy enough with the playing, requests, keep eye on the stream, visitors... and a few more... absolutely no time to host or keep an eye on another alt ..
scripted? yes perhaps that works, but still, the DJ won't have time to do both in a way that's great ...

again it is a three card monte https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-card_Monte

And honest people like you get hurt.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

red zone and green zone tool was a scam.

It lied to you  you thought you were getting a data base of stuff  long bull crap thing.

Story what it was. But first you had to login with your  real SL ID and Password on a third party

program outside the viewer.  I know on the inside the script gave all kinds of feed back but you are unable to see the script right.

fact is when you made your third party account they were using a key stroke logger to steal your password.

Only thing SL could do was remove it from the platform.

Then turn them over to the FBI.

They were so ignorant they forgot that everything is logged on the internet.

Hence red zone and Green zone put people in jail.

Abuse of the platform

Greenzone was still around long after Redzone was removed..

It pretty much just detected if redzone was present..

Redzone couldn't detect anyones alt if their alt never turned on media or streaming where redzone was present.

I was still in greenzone group for a couple years after redzone was long gone..

• Like 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Greenzone was still around long after Redzone was removed..

It pretty much just detected if redzone was present..

Redzone couldn't detect anyones alt if their alt never turned on media or streaming where redzone was present.

I was still in greenzone group for a couple years after redzone was long gone..

where is it now. if you see it report it.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

there are moments when I have down time and I love trying to help them understand that they are throwing around infomration they obtain from some place that's not real. this is like the 3rd thread where more than myself has tried to help,  we get called names.   but that's a price we pay for trying to be helpful with these guys.

You all need to accept the fact that this guy, who I had to deal with in InWorldz when it still existed, is not going to change. I wasn't the only model he sexually harassed. And I would not be surprised that he is doing the same in SL since he came back. He had left SL for IW years ago because of the same kind of crazy conspiracy theories he is spouting now. None of us can help him with his issues. He needs professional help.

• Like 4

That lie was passed around but the owners  of the land that paid for it found the they had lost all the lindens.

Never affected anyone in world. Except  the owners  of land that paid for it and gave them there password.

• Haha 1

Just now, Drakeo said:

where is it now. if you see it report it.

I left the greenzone group a few years later.. I just wasn't active in it anymore.. I don't know what happened to it later, but when I was in it, that's all greenzone was doing was detecting redzone and things like it.

• Like 2

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I left the greenzone group a few years later.. I just wasn't active in it anymore.. I don't know what happened to it later, but when I was in it, that's all greenzone was doing was detecting redzone and things like it.

Where you a land owner and created a green zone account.  You are asked for your login credentials on a third party program.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

That lie was passed around but the owners  of the land that paid for it found the they had lost all the lindens.

Never affected anyone in world. Except  the owners  of land that paid for it and gave them there password.

I'm out of practice on this subject anymore.. But I do remember it was known back then that the ones that used it were more at risk than the ones it was trying to detect..

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That would make sense.  No redzone, no need for greenzone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Drakeo said:

Where you a land owner and created a green zone account.  You are asked for your login credentials on a third party program.

You wore a hud in world.. you didn't have to log into a website.. you could get the hud from anyone in the group.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

abuse of the platform to  fraud people is against TOS and you need to report it.

ok I did what you wanted. I reported you to LL for all the fraud you have posted in this thread.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

That would make sense.  No redzone, no need for greenzone.

Happy 4rth Rowan.  you hit the nail on the head why have green when red was removed from the platform. You see it never was on the platform.

LL stood up for all of us spent thousands in court cases over this.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

Happy 4rth Rowan.  you hit the nail on the head why have green when red was removed from the platform. You see it never was on the platform.

LL stood up for all of us spent thousands in court cases over this.

It stayed around in case copycats showed up..

If there was a suspicious alt detector it would get checked out.. I don't think Redzone was the only one on it's list..

ETA. In fact I remember them having a back and forth with voodoo sploder..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It stayed around in case copycats showed up..

If there was a suspicious alt detector it would get checked out.. I don't think Redzone was the only one on it's list..

We need alts they are a wonderful tool  for creating wonderful environments. here is a great example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4_-8SlPuLk

Edited by Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.