Is it fair to DJ and have an Alt as A host under the same avatar

Drakeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I been around a long time  everyone knows My Alt is Adam01time. needed him for group and land.

Never did I rezz him and  use him to Falsely  extract money from him.

When you click something the client must update it does that through your IP and UUID.  Any with a tad knowledge   ls log | grep etc.

this will show you  many things.

It is fine to enhance your SL experience with ALT  and alts are needed for the specified things known since 2003 or later.

I can;t make dances  and such with out my Alt. I am unable to get land back  if I screw up and leave my land group my alt will save me.

Here is the point a dj drops a host text as her ask for tips. the owner of the land  makes alts ask for donation.

Even worst you are charged a fee to enter the group to have that. fine to say Buyer be ware. Fraud is fraud.

At know time did the Lindens want you to be lied to or be stolen from.

Everyday I see this at many places.

Linden Labs I sent a Abuse in . before they take  advantage of another person. Could you just deal with the fraud.

Such a great platform but hey.

20 alt  avatars all hosting who gets the money.

Time to grow up  this is Cyber crimes.

Time to amend Terms of service.

simple fraud

• Haha 6
  • Confused 2

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

nor are you required to pay any fee to join any group

I think you mean something like "you are not required to join a group that has a group join fee, or any other group for that matter". Group joining fees are demonstrably a thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Quistessa said:

I think you mean something like "you are not required to join a group that has a group join fee, or any other group for that matter". Group joining fees are demonstrably a thing.

Let me just fix that.  It did sound odd rereading it.  Thanks.

• Like 2

My eyes are getting worse forgive me I am elder now.  Cyber crimes are here we know it Look at why Linden Labs brought  OZ here from  MIT he dealt with NSA security dear then came here.  Fact is you have one UUID  a person trying to extract money from  RL people.

Trust me LL takes this serious up to people to know what to look for and LL needs to give the tools and amend the TOS.

Come on not hacking an accout this is fraud by a human under many avatars. You go to jail for that in RL.

SecondLife not secondLie

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

Also, To the original point, I don't think DJing and and hosting with two separate accounts at the same time is really all that fraudulent. IF people like the DJ avi they'll tip them, if they like the host avi, they'll tip them as well. So what if they happen to be the same RL person?

Have you tried being two people at once? Even with dual monitors, (and separate viewers to avoid data corruption) it's harder than you'd think.

• Like 7

I understand your thinking  but the rabbit hole goes deeper than most think to the naive.

Not here to make fun of a DJ trying to get double tips with his alt  host avatar. but the fact she or he now has gained confidence.

fraud.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

My eyes are getting worse forgive me I am elder now.  Cyber crimes are here we know it Look at why Linden Labs brought  OZ here from  MIT he dealt with NSA security dear then came here.  Fact is you have one UUID  a person trying to extract money from  RL people.

Trust me LL takes this serious up to people to know what to look for and LL needs to give the tools and amend the TOS.

Come on not hacking an accout this is fraud by a human under many avatars. You go to jail for that in RL.

SecondLife not secondLie

No one is hacking anything.  You do not have to give money to anyone.  Each avatar has it's own UUID.  Why it's called that.  Universally UNiQUE ID.  

By the way, this isn't RL.  I can't be 2 people occupying the same space in RL .  Was funny though.

• Like 4

dear I been developing on The linux viewer  for over 10 years. if you do not want to corrupt texture  tell the viewer  per account where your texture is. get with me in world or bitbucket or github I will explain .

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

No one is hacking anything.  You do not have to give money to anyone.

Not a hack it is a miss use of the platform to create fraud.

run a red light see what happens

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

dear I been developing on The linux viewer  for over 10 years. if you do not want to corrupt texture  tell the viewer  per account where your texture is. get with me in world or bitbucket or github I will explain .

Which has nothing to do with anything you were originally whining about.

Anyway, tilt on Don Quixote.

2 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

No one is hacking anything.  You do not have to give money to anyone.

Not a hack it is a miss use of the platform to create fraud.

No.  To be fraud, it would have to be criminal or against the ToS which it is not.  You seem to think it is.  Show me where it says that.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4

No one is hacking anything.  You do not have to give money to anyone.  Each avatar has it's own UUID.  Why it's called that.  Universally UNiQUE ID. 

yes i showed you the tools on my  first post how to see the fruad that May! occur

• Haha 3

By the way FS has  already done that with tools ok.

it was needed  for testing and open sim. tell the viewer where  your  avatar wants the cache. Nickyd's team has  worked so hard on this

Edited by Drakeo
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Drakeo said:

the viewer reads your ~/.secondlife

This is totally tangential to the original post, but yes, if you want to run two sepparate accounts at the same time, either use two different viewers (kokua for example reads ~/.kokua and leaves ~/.secondlife alone, giving data separation between simultaneous accounts) or use separate local accounts (seems like a bit of a pain.)

4 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

get  with me kido.

not sure WTF you need to 'get with me' to say something so simple. Say your thing and let it go.

• Like 3

fact is fraud is fraud. so report it LL will look at logs and get back with you. up to you to report it. but tools would be nice

What does anything you've posted have to do with your OP?  One person with many avatars being tipped at some club?

I'll ' get with it' when you address the original post and subsequent responses.

• Like 3

you said you have an issue with corrupt textures and  now your rude.

Please look up the  script wtf it has been used  since  the 80's ok  if in a terminal type it twice and look at the output.

At this point you are rude.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Please look up the  script wtf it has been used  since  the 80's ok  if in a terminal type it twice and look at the output.

Reading viewer logs has literally nothing to do with the title of this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

you said you have an issue with corrupt textures and  now your rude.

Um, no I didn't.  Every avatar has a unique UUID.  I said nothing about textures.

29 minutes ago, Drakeo said:

Fact is you have one UUID  a person trying to extract money from  RL people.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.